PDA

View Full Version : Ctinyjoy/Cheri

tojoco
02-22-2008, 10:04 PM
We have been invited to the Sunset Harbor Yacht Club in Daytona Beach in August. I was wondering if you could give me some information on it. TIA

Vintagegal
02-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Joanne....got room in your suitcase for a 5" 3" Filipino woman?

Oh wait......I would put you and Tom w-a-a-a-a-y over the weight limit for luggage. :shocked: (Shoot!) Never mind.

Have a fantabulous time!

tojoco
02-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Ethel, have you been there? What's it like?

Vintagegal
02-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Noooo.....I've never been. Not to Daytona Beach, even. I've only been as far east as Orlando. Just the thought of going to the coast really appeals to me though (as I write this from a land-locked State). You'll be on the water....or near the water......I'm jealous.

tojoco
02-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Oh I thought because Sean went to E-R, you had an occasion to go there.

tesschap
02-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Sounds like fun! I've been to Daytona Beach but not to the yacht club you mentioned. The only East Coast FL yacht club I've been to is Pirates Cove Marina in Stuart! What will you be doing at the yacht club - boating?

Ethel - you crack me up!

tojoco
02-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Teresa, it's for the Embry-Riddle Honors Program dinner reception. Today my DS got a letter stating that he's been accepted to E-R's honors program. This college stuff is getting really exciting for us. The reception is for honor's program students and their parents.

tesschap
02-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Teresa, it's for the Embry-Riddle Honors Program dinner reception. Today my DS got a letter stating that he's been accepted to E-R's honors program. This college stuff is getting really exciting for us. The reception is for honor's program students and their parents.

How exciting. Congratulations to your DS and to you as well. That's so awesome. I bet the yacht club is pretty fancy! There's one near our FL house on the gulf coast and it's very nice. DH's sister is a member so we get to go with them when we visit and it's Five Star all the way!

ctinyjoy
02-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Joanne,

The yacht club is on the river just under the Seabreeze bridge. Here is link (http://www.sunsetharboryc.com/contact.html)to it. I took you over the bridge when you were here last summer. It is actually two bridges (one goes each way) across the river. It is a very nice club.

So has Corey made a decision yet?

tojoco
02-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Cheri, thanks for the link. It looks pretty fancy. Corey has not decided yet. We are going up to Purdue U. next weekend to check it out and he and his friend are flying over to Georgia Tech to check that university out next month. But I have to say that he really is leaning towards E-R.

Vintagegal
02-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Joanne, Sean got his Masters (from Embry Riddle) through their "satellite campuses." He started on his Masters while we were stationed at Minot AFB. The university had instructors there who taught classes on base in the evenings. Then, he wrote his paper (and got his degree) after we moved to Vandenberg AFB, CA. They had a satellite campus there, also. Embry Riddle is HUGE among Air Force people (probably for very obvious reasons). Sean's Masters Degree (well, he has a dual-degree) is partly in Aerospace Management. So, after he's retired from the Air Force, he can hopefully get a good job in management with a company like Lockheed, Booz Allen Hamilton, Boeing or Northrop Grumman. Corey will be FANTASTIC no matter which college he finally chooses. He's an AWESOME kid!