PDA

View Full Version : Shackapalooza Suggestion

Fief14
02-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Does anyone going to Shackapolooza know how to do quilling? I would really love to learn how to this. It is such a neat & unique technique that I would love to try on my cards, but I don't have the slightest clue where to begin. I think this is one of those techniques where it is better to be shown how to do it, rather than try to teach yourself. Thought Shackapalooza would be a great opportunity to learn how to do this if someone going knows how to do it who could teach us. Would this make a good shoebox swap or an idea station?

Just a thought, as I browse through the March 2008 issue of Cardmaker magazine where they have the cutest Christmas card--a strand of Christmas lights--4 quilled bulbs, each a different color along a quilled green electrical cord & a the sentiment "May your days be merry & bright!" It is so simple & very cute! I'd really love to learn how to do this!

mydogstinks2
02-23-2008, 07:53 AM
:idea:I think Robin may know how to do this. I know she has the "stuff" to. If she does not know how, she can bring the stuff and we can all learn together!!

Spartymom
02-23-2008, 10:56 AM
That sounds like a great new technique to learn. Is it quilting? Or is quilling something different.

maxiesmom
02-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Quilling is thin strips of paper sort of rolled/shaped into a desired shape. I don't know how to do it, my neighbor does I think. It is very pretty.

3darlings
02-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Qulling is beautiful, I am sure it teadeous. I would love to learn this!

kimmyqtgirl
02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh me too! I have wanted to learn for a very long time. Great idea!

Robinkay
02-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Chris is right...I do have quilling papers and I think 2 tools,a measuring pad thingy. I also have a book dedicated to just quilling. I'll bring it along. :+)