PDA

View Full Version : Woo-hoo! The Police and Elvis Costello

Vintagegal
02-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Tickets went on sale, here, yesterday at ten AM. Well, I tried for about an hour, trying to get decent seats without breaking the bank. No such luck. We went out to brunch, and I told DH I couldn't get tickets for us, without sitting up a the nosebleed seats. The sweetheart husband of mine was offering to pay $450.00. Yes. $450 for two tickets to the Police. He knows they're one of my favorite bands of all time. I said, no way, no way, no way. I would rather put that money towards a trip to Tuscany or a brand new laptop.

Well, after brunch, we came home, and I logged on again. Score! I managed to find us two seats ....not in the lower bowl (which is where I wanted to sit), not in the upper bowl (which are the nosebleed seats). but in this tiny strip section just above the lower bowl. And...to make it ten times better, the seats are closer to the stage than where we've ever sat before. We didn't pay $450.00. We paid $180 for two tickets. Yes, it was pricey.......but it's The Police and Elvis Costello. KWIM? The $50 seats were on the main floor (no seats......all standing for four hours.) The seats in the lower bowl were....ahem......$225 each. I guess The Police can ask for that much being that they've been around for three decades.

So, May 14th.....we are going to see The Police! Woo-hoo! Happy Mother's Day to me!!

shuggy
02-24-2008, 07:54 AM
i know...they are coming here, too. i sooooo want to go!!!

loobylou
02-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Good for you Ethel, I know the seats were expensive when they came here too. Sounds like you got a good deal.

maxiesmom
02-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Cool have fun. I saw the ad in yesterdays paper when my SIL I was reading it, but didn't see when they are coming.

graciez
02-24-2008, 09:26 AM
great for you Ethel..I saw them in the mid 80s in Boston and they put on a great show...and I'm sure they still do....have a wonderful time...

patg
02-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah for Ethel! You scored on the tickets girl! I wish they would come out here! Have fun! Pat