PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty today!

Kreative Dryve
02-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Yep thats right, I have been called again, and this time it wasn't cancelled.
I am listed in four seperate jury pools right now, City Court, Justice Court, District Court (todays selection), and US District Court (60 miles away).
I have even been called for Federal Court, but I was released from that seeing as it was 600 miles away from home and I had just given birth to my youngest son. (this was 12 years ago tomorrow)

I don't mind serving at all, but today is a very important lecture in Anatomy class, and even if I have someone take notes for me, they usually get a different impression from the lecture than I do.
Okay theres my vent for the month. (oh I forgot to mention the 6 inches of snow we got last night) :arghh:
I hope you all have a great week!

~Marie

So do you wanna know how it went??
It was called a mis-trial.
It was a juvenile trial, and she was brought before us in shackles.
Which in our state is not allowed, and gives her the presumption as being portrayed as guilty. Someone dropped the ball on this one!! So we all go excused, and I will most likely get called again in a few weeks. I made it to class on time, and had a great day! Yeah!! :jiggy:

tesschap
02-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh no. I had jury duty once and was lucky enough to get dismissed on the second day. I hope it's over quickly for you.

logcabincreations
02-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Students should be exempt from serving jury duty until out of school!! That's crazy. I work for an attorney, and I had jury duty last fall -- one whole month of being on the list -- but I was lucky and didn't have to go.

Christie
02-25-2008, 10:43 AM
If you go to school you are excused from jury duty here in Texas. Here anyone who is registered to vote goes on the list. Dbf gets called usually 4 times a year and me about 1 time a year. I HATE going becuase I have to drive into downtown houston and that isn't fun at all!

moon_beam23
02-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Wow you are busy, busy!

Kreative Dryve
02-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Wow, was that ever a weird experience!
see the above post!!

~Marie

tesschap
02-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Wow - isn't our legal system just crazy! I'm glad you got to class on time though!

threefriends91
02-26-2008, 08:06 AM
So glad you got to class on time..and yes how cool is Renee sentiment,its so true..