PDA

View Full Version : Soccer season is in full swing starting tonight .. let the fun begin!!!

iloveflipflops
02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
DD is playing soccer for high school and tonight is her first game. The majority girls on the team are brand new, never played before so it could make for a LONG season but like I told DD, you never know, maybe they will do just great (remember last year they won 1 game? HA). DS should start his soccer season next week, if enough players signed up over the weekend. His games will be on Saturdays with practices during the week and DD's games are Mondays AND Wednesday nights.

I will take my camera and see if i can get any descent photos before it gets too dark!! :)

Go Spiders Go!!!

tesschap
02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Good luck to Emily. I hope her season is injury free and lots of fun. Our soccer seasons are in the fall here. Can't wait to see some pictures.

iloveflipflops
02-25-2008, 05:11 PM
She is already complaining about her knee hurting so that's not a good sign!!! Its the same knee that hurt her last year but it only hurts when she runs so ....

Christie
02-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Hope she does well. Have fun!

Nancy
02-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Good luck on all the games and to bad I dont live closer,I would even come and watch. - Nancy

Spartymom
02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Good luck spiders and emily! HOw long does the season last for?

Firecracker
02-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Good luck Emily! I hope they can win a few games this year. Hugs, Heather

IMBlessed5
02-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Count me in as a Soccer Mom too! We'll start practices in a couple weeks. I have 2 kids playing in 2 different leagues and I volunteered to help coach if they need me. And then in May, they both start baseball, 2 different leagues. So for about 3 weeks we will have 2 soccer games per child per week and one baseball practice per child per week. And oh yeah, I'm coaching DD's baseball team. Plus DS's baseball team is a travel team. And DH works evening shift sometimes. What in da world was I thinkin?!!!!

My3Ds
02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
I hope they have a good time. DS had his last baskball game tonight and baseball tryouts are this Saturday. I am sooooo nervous for him because he lives for baseball.

logcabincreations
02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Wishing her a great season!!! I miss soccer sooooooo much. My oldest son started playing when he was 4 years old, and every year after that until he graduated high school. His senior year he was co-captain of the varsity team, and was awarded MVP at the banquet. I cried and cried.

iloveflipflops
02-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Let's just say the first game was not that great for the Spiders. 9-0. And it didn't help things that her ex-boyfriend was "hanging out" with the girl he cheated on her with so she was crying all the way home saying I hate him, I hate him ... young love is tough!!! I say he has some nerve hanging out the "other girl" anyway. lol

IMBlessed5
02-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow, what drama! Thank goodness my DD is still five! LOL!