PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine called me last night to tell me about a bad school bus accident

iloveflipflops
02-28-2008, 05:50 AM
in Hobe Sound, FL which is where we used to live. A few of Nicholas' friends were taken to the hospital. All went home but one and they were keeping him for observation overnight.

Apparently, a school bus was stopped at the RR tracks with its doors open when this pick up truck decided to pass him. He decided at the last minute he couldnt' pass and ran into the side/back of him going 50 mph. Kids were screaming, crying ... I just can't imagine. This would've been the bus Nicholas was riding IF we still lived there.

I'm hoping to find out more today but it sounds like all kids are doing ok, thank god. It could've been so much worse.

emmcee
02-28-2008, 06:21 AM
A pickup truck was trying to pass a stopped school bus at the railroad track?
Damn, what an idiot. Hope the driver got a huge ticket.

I certainly hope all these kiddos are OK. This could have been a horrible tragedy.

tesschap
02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Oh how terrible. Some drivers are idiots. I hope the driver of the truck gets a stiff punishment. I'll say a prayer for those poor kids. Hopefully no serious injuries.

tojoco
02-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh my that is very scary. That driver deserves more than a ticket for what he could have caused. I'm glad most of the kids are okay.

MidwestStamper
02-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I think I saw this in the news! In our state we had a bad school bus accident a couple weeks ago--someone didn't stop for a stop sign and plowed into the side of the bus and tipped it over. Unfortunately 4 kids died--two were brothers. A few kids are still in the hospital too. It's been causing a big stink here because the driver of the car is here illegally and was living under an alias.

My3Ds
02-28-2008, 09:02 AM
I hope everyone is okay. We had two bus accidents in the news here yesterday (one was in Baltimore - the bus overturned). Very scary.

flyingflower
02-28-2008, 09:37 AM
so very, very scary what people do on the roads!
adding my thought & prayers for all involved

threefriends91
02-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh this is so scary..The law needs to come down harder on drivers like these..l am so glad the kids are safe..but l'm sure they will remember this for a long time..Thanks for sharing this Sherri, l'll pray for them.

Christie
02-28-2008, 11:08 AM
That story was on our news last night. I hope everyone is ok.

scrapsoon
02-28-2008, 11:11 AM
My gosh how stupid some people are to do this all.
Luckly we dont have it here,but somethimes we see drivers do strange things.
They wont think of the damage it will cost or what could have happend.
Thank god all the kids are okay and they will have some brouses??and so.
But mentally what will they get over from the accident??

IMBlessed5
02-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread! Those are all so sad! Especially the one where 4 kids died, 2 of them were brothers. OMG, I couldn't even imagine! I'm so glad my kids don't ride a bus!

logcabincreations
02-28-2008, 02:30 PM
We live in a world full of idiots!!!!! This is crazy!!! My prayers are with the children and bus driver.

iloveflipflops
02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I called 2 of the moms just now and the one boy has a really bad headache and was sleeping just now. The other mom is the one where the boy is still in ICU. He has a hemotobin or something like a small blood clot and they are watching it to make sure it doesn't get bigger. He was supposed to go to a regular room but the rooms are all full so he is in the ICU just because of that. She was actually sounding pretty good. She said she was a basket case last night.

scrapsoon
02-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Thank god everything went fine to the guys.
Hopefully the last boy can leave the ICU(that's an intensive care or so??).
Basket Case is not good??

iloveflipflops
02-28-2008, 05:11 PM
ICU is intensive care. A basket case means she was very nervous about the whole thing.

scrapsoon
02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Okay thanks for explaining it to me.