PDA

View Full Version : New Poll: Storage of Ink Pads

GrammaStamper
12-05-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm curious because of a couple of articles I've read. Why do you store them the way you do?

inkinupstamps
12-05-2006, 07:43 AM
I've been told that dye ink pads should be stored pad up and not necessary to turn upsidedown so my dye ink pads are store PAD UP.

But my pigment pads are stored upside down to keep them juicy.

Then there are my SU pads which automatically turn upside down when you snap them shut so the are stored rightside up because their packaging causes them to flip over.

That's just me. But no mine are not jumbled in a drawer. Ink is too precious to a stamper!:nod:

GrammaStamper
12-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks, Jennifer. I have never known how to store them, so your post is really, really helpful. Mine will be straightened out in the very near future. I'm going to Canadian Tire on my way home from work today (that sounds cool, doesn't it) and buy something appropriate.

stampinnutof3
12-05-2006, 07:48 AM
OK...I feel like a bad stamper. I have mine in a sticker stadium standing up. and all the other inks are in the little case it came in and upside down until later today, since in the last post said the inks don't have to be upside down.

inkinupstamps
12-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Well, Barb. I'm no expert. I am eager to hear what others say because I trust their judgement. I'm just saying what I do because it is what I've always heard.

You know, though, I really do believe the turning pigment upside down theory, though. When I moved here is when I rediscovered stamping after several years of no stamping. But you know what? Even after several years, I have several pigment pads that are just as juicy today as they were when I bought them several years ago.

The dye ink is just what I've heard so....

I need to run to Canadian tire today too. It isn't my favourite place to visit but it does have handy things even for me. PLUS, Mark's Work Wearhouse is attached and they have some of the PRETTIEST sweaters on sale right now!:nod:

ccstampin'
12-05-2006, 07:51 AM
I store die inks right-side up. Pigment inks upside down, and SU! is self storing.
:cute:

mahodgman
12-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Ok, so now I'm curious why SU and CTMH dye pads automatically turn up-side-down if they don't need to. I was told the opposite that dye needs to be up-side-down and pigment doesn't. Hmmm, I wonder what the deal is. I have my SU full-sized pads stored in the box they came in, my CTMH pads stacked on top of each other (I love the way those pads stack!) and my SU spots in thier little cardboard boxes. I've also got one Iris Cart drawer full of misc. stamp pads like Opal, Fabrico and Staz-On that are just kind of jumbled in there. I'd like to get one of those catty things that holds tons of pads. It is kind of expensive, though, so I haven't bought one yet.

stampcrazyjulie
12-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Years ago my CTMH Rep told me to store my Ink Pads upside down, so I always have, except for my SU! Pads. I have read in several Stamp Mags to do this as well. I have never heard to store Pigment Pads or Dye Inks right side up. All of my Stamp Pads are in my Iris Cart or up on my Stamp Counter.

toao
12-05-2006, 09:25 AM
are in the SU ink caddy, which holds 48 colors. (I have 2 of these) Hi, my name is Mary and I'm an inkaholic.

Mary

mcourtney
12-05-2006, 10:47 AM
I store most of my pads up, because I have reinkers for them. The only pads I store upside down are my Kalidocolor pads.

Erin K
12-05-2006, 10:52 AM
I thought it was dye face down and pigment face up. It is confusing if it's the other way because the SU ones are dye and the way that box closes they automaticly are face down...

Anyhow mine are all jumbled in two boxes right where my legs go when I'm sitting at my desk. I like that they are right there and I can clean up super easy too.

I have mostly the palette hybrid inks.. no idea if face up or face down on those.

teabear
12-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I have a deep iris drawer full of a jumbled mess of upside down inkpads. On top of the drawers I have an old cigar box that holds a few of my favorite inkpads.....this is an area that I need to organize!

Christie
12-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Well considering I only have about 4 ink pads, I store them in a little cubby hole stacked on top of each other. I think I need to buy more colors!!

treeclimber
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Interesting poll. I've always stored mine upside down no matter what kind they are. :confused:

Deb :cute:

scrappersuz
12-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I store all of mine upside down...except SU, CTMH and the rainbow pads. I heard you should store the rainbow pads right side up so the colors don't run together.
Susie

shurlyjean
12-15-2006, 08:41 PM
acrylic holder that holds 60 SU pads. So I store them so the words are right way up... so I guess the pads are upside down. Other pads are the other way... But most my pads are SU.

I love my holder it sits on top my desk in easy reach!!!!

S:wub:

shuggy
12-16-2006, 01:01 AM
a few thoughts...

what is canadian tire and why are you getting craft supplies there?

if you are supposed to store dye pads right side up, do all you with su pads, store them label side down? since they turn upside down when you shut them.

all of mine were in a plastic container haphazardly but now sit on my table under the shelf. the su ones are label side up, so the pad is upside down.

and, does it really make that big of a difference anyway?

wierd.

ps...pardon my spelling. i guess it's beyond me to spell correctly tonight. i just re-read a two sentence post i posted a minute ago and found 10 misspelled words.

even wierder!

Paula Carden
12-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Ok I store mine upside down. I don't have any Stampin Up pads.
I find they all stamp better and last longer stored upside down.
I also store mine in closed boxes too I feel that keeps them moist longer.
But that is just me.
Paula

moosemama
12-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I have mostly old SU pads and have always stored them upside down-they are the older ones. I was told a long time ago to do that by my Rep at the time. My rep also suggested storying them in airtight plastic containers, so I separate them by color families(RR, SS, BB, etc). I also have some newer stamp pads that flip upside down like mentioned above, I too was wondering if they didn't need to be why would SU change their design to make them flip when stored. I also store those in an airtight container and just have a separate box for the newer ones(I told myself I wasn't going to buy the newer ones, but I did:) ). I don't have alot of other ink pads, some pigment ones, those ones that come in a flower shape with eight or so inks, and I used to store those upside down, but someone told me the inks could run together on those ones so I quit storing them upside down. I've had those for years, don't use them much but haven't reinked them and so far so good. I store my reinkers by color families also in their own drawers-I have gotten in the habit of buying a reinker when I buy the pad. Really good question Barb