PDA

View Full Version : My DH wrote his own Bill of Rights!

GrammaStamper
10-17-2006, 07:04 PM
I showed my DH the The Stamper's Bill of Rights as posted earlier. He promptly sat down, while I did supper, and wrote his own bill of rights. Ladies, get out the tissues to wipe away your tears of laughter. He even printed it out and framed it for me. If you want a .pdf copy ready for framing of BOTH the Stamper's and Stamper DH's Bill of Rights, send me an email.

The Stamper DH's Bill of Rights

While a rubber stamper believes she is entrusted with creating works of art to be treasured by family and friends, such art is not manly and therefore should not be treated with the same enthusiasm as a third down with 1 yard to go, or the final fight between Jason and Freddy. As a Stamper DH, you are entitled (but not limited) to the following rights:
[LIST]
· You have the right to take as long as you want to view a completed card. This may be five minutes or two weeks. In the meantime, you have the right to continue what you were doing prior to such introduction to the new card.

· You have the right to limit purchases of stamps and/or stamping supplies whenever food necessities and/or housing costs must take priority. Food necessities include but are not limited to, pizza, beer, pretzels and corn dogs. Housing costs are deemed to include lottery tickets and office sports pools.

· You have the right to a space of your own. This may be anywhere in your house, especially where the TV and refrigerator are in close proximity. Your space does not include stamping supplies and paraphernalia unless by permission and with a written affidavit that these items will not interfere with storage and/or dispersal of above stated necessities.

· You have the right to view art that reflects and celebrates your spirit. A 24-hour 3 Stooges marathon is considered to be the pinnacle of 20th century cinema.

· You have the right to belch, pass gas and/or scratch any body part you deem scratchable during a rubber stamp club meeting or workshop in your own home. It is also not only your right, but your obligation, to point at the dog after said activity.

· And it's your right to have documents in black and white. Colors, while sometimes useful for fishing lures, are mostly for sissies.

cindi
10-17-2006, 07:12 PM
What a hoot!! That is cracking me up.

lbakerc42
10-17-2006, 08:07 PM
LOL --that about sums up how my husband feels. Thats for the laugh!!

benandnatesmom
10-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Men Schmenn!!! :o) Still gotta have them-----I dare you to stamp an image in his morning toast!!!!

nsbirdy
10-17-2006, 08:11 PM
'point at the dog ...' ROFLMAO

jdpisces
10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
I am pretty sure that he speaks the truths of every DH in the crafting community!

So did you decide against framing our Bill of Rights and hitting him over the head with it? :D

Julie

inkinupstamps
10-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Barb, how did I miss this a couple days ago? This is hysterical! I have to print this out for Paul when he gets home. He'll just love it and nod and agree and give your husband a hearty "atta boy!":cool:

You are so funny! This is priceless (and oh so true, too!):D

Thanks for sharing...even if I am a little slow in seeing it!

shuggy
10-18-2006, 07:55 PM
this is so true!!! it's great! where is the original stampers bill of rights? i must have missed that.

angie