PDA

View Full Version : Embellishment bulkiness?

Spartymom
12-05-2006, 09:05 AM
I made my christmas cards, and because I added a bow to the card, it's now a little bulky. I sealed the envelopes and just hope they get to family and friends. What is the best way to handle bulk when adding emblishments.? Kim

Wanda
12-05-2006, 09:12 AM
I had bulkiness in some of mine also -- buttons, bows, pop-dots. Was concerned it would take extra postage but the post person assured me they were okay after checking a few. On the ones with buttons, I put a layer of tape on the outside to protect it a little more.

Wanda

toao
12-05-2006, 09:30 AM
items, that you ask the clerk to hand cancel them. If not, when they run through the machine, sometimes they will tear open. Just a suggestion. My clerk is really nice about it. (and my PO doesn't have a long line)

Mary

teabear
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
If you take them to the p.o. to have them hand-cancelled, they have a little thing with a slot that they put your card through. If it won't go through, then you have to pay an extra 23 cents (I think that's the amount).

mydogstinks2
12-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I also add a strip of packing tape on the envelope where the bulky item is. That way the envie dosen't tear open.

michelle328
01-02-2007, 02:07 PM
I've always written "Hand Stamp, Please" on the envelopes. If it's really bulky, I spend the extra few cents and put it in a bubble pack envelope.

Michelle

MidwestStamper
01-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I've laid a double thick sheet of tissue paper over the card--but I like the packing tape on the outside idea too--I'll have to try that.

Swanie78
01-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I just put the front of the card in so its facing the back of the envie.
That way when it goes through the machine, it rolls through on the flat surface and wont get stuck.
Ive only had them charge me $.12 extra postage if its bulky.

tesschap
01-08-2007, 05:55 PM
I usually put my hand made cards in a ziploc bag before I put them in the envelope. I add a little extra tape to the evelope and I also ask the PO to hand cancel. Usually the PO workers are interested to know what I've been making so I either bring them a sample (or a photo of the card) or wait to seal the envelope until they check out my work. They love it and the compliments are always nice!

Teresa