PDA

View Full Version : I need a "substitute" for Peppermint Patties

Vintagegal
03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Are you familiar with how folks using their scalloped circles to make a cute 'cover' for Peppermint Patties? Well, I want to do this, but I don't want to use Peppermint Patties. I think those are more for the cold, winter months.

What other "flat, round" chocolate candy could I subsitute? I already have this tall container that would fit the patties perfectly (but I don't want to use patties). I was thinking Reese's PB cups. I wonder if they would be too large for my container?

Any other suggestions? I'm looking for something very flat and round, preferably. TIA!

teabear
03-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I saw that all the easter candy was out in the store the other day. I don't know which would work, but I'll bet there is something good.

moon_beam23
03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
What about chocolate gold foiled wrapped coins?? I bought some of these (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i-Cr416HL._AA280_.jpg) for St. Patty's crafts!

cindi
03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
mini reeces cups? those are yummy. or if you don't mind sqare candies there's alwways mini snickers or milky way
:)

IMBlessed5
03-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Well I eat peppermint patties any time of the year! I've never associated them with just winter. Hmmm.....maybe I should think about that......Nah! LOL!

The gold wrapped coins would be great, like Renee said.

tojoco
03-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I think the gold foiled coins would be a great substitute.

Vintagegal
03-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Those coins sound like it would work beautifully. I'll have to check our stores and see if I can find 'large' coins. I've only seen the ones that are the size of a quarter. Thanks guys!