PDA

View Full Version : Poll--Do you use misters with ink?

Far North
03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I was just wondering
1-do you use any kind of mister bottles with color washes, ink, glitz etc?

2-what your thoughts about them?

Yes, I now have more than I ever thought I would have and use all of the above. I love them just wished they showed up better in photos! I like spraying them of the non-stick craft sheets too. I need to find better storage for keeping the skinny little bottles upright.

TFS!...Jan

PS.--Tim Holtz's new challenge has another picture tutorial on making your own glitz with reinkers with perfect pearls

midnitecreations
03-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Jan, thanks so much for this one. When I took Tim's class last year, he told us you could make your own misters, but with that many people taking the class, it was hard to get such precise details from him. I love love using misters in my artwork, expecially for backgrounds. I do like using the skinny ones, (fine misters), because i work on small surfaces and it does beautifully on them. when I do work on large pieces, like canvas, then any dollar store mister works. Covers the area faster too.

Firecracker
03-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't use them much. I think it is more work than I want to do. Hugs, Heather

JBgreendawn
03-03-2008, 06:17 PM
yep, I only have 3 store bought bottles the rest are ones i made up using alcohol inks and pearl-ex powder and tap water...

I'm tempted by the glimmer mists but, have not come across them in a store yet...

maxiesmom
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I haven't done this(you're shocked, I know), but it sounds intriguing. Are you using the craft sheet as a protector for your work area or are you spraying on the sheet and then blotting up with your cardstock?

Perhaps some of those little plastic baskets to store them in??

hbpuppy
03-03-2008, 09:33 PM
:arghh:I killed 2 mini misters the day I took them out of the package. I put a little perfect pearls, reinker and water in them. They died. Dead. Broken. No more. I was trying to do one of the 12 tags of Christmas techniques.

MnMommy2
03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I've put some acrylic paint in them and water and have done some neat looking cards with them.

teabear
03-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Heather, I think you should contact Ranger. I'll bet they would replace them, they are such a HUGE corporation. Ok, I love the misters, but can you believe I don't a single bottle of reinker. After looking at Tim's tutorial this month, I decided that I need a few :) I did some with Luna Lights Paints, but they were much more subdued than what I've seen with reinkers.

cindi
03-03-2008, 10:41 PM
crafter use a small spritzer bottle from the $ store or sample bin to do this fun sounding technique???
oh please say yes!!
lol
:)

Far North
03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh Cindi you have a dollar store??? You live in a bigger town than what I thought... Anyways that is one up on Fairbanks! I used ones from WalMart cosmetic dept mostly it is a matter of do they mist as opposed to just a drizzle...You are probably just fine!

Heather--I agree with Tami, call Ranger and tell them. I hear they are terrific with customer service and it would hurt to quote Tim's blog were it says it would clog the misters.

Renee-share more about what you are doing with acrylic paints...PLease!

Kathy sound like you already understand you can spray the cardstock or the mat. When I spray cardstock I have a sheet or 2 of white underneath with I use for other backgrounds...it is my surprise background! There are lots of easy ideas for using the spray bottles.

I hope we hear other thoughts too!...Jan