PDA

View Full Version : I have re-injured an old neck injury...

logcabincreations
03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
and I did it in the dumbest way. In between being awake and asleep at 5:00 this morning, I raised my right arm above my head (don't know exactly why I did this :wacko:), and my head was turned and WA-LA!!! I got the worst shooting pain. Couldn't lift myself up, and I had to roll out of bed....very carefully....how could I be so stupid? So off to my chiropractor I went at 10am. He said "yes you did a number on your neck" and I said "by lifting my arm above my head????!!! So I'm in therapy this week.

In 1992, while piggy-backing my 3-year-old-at-the-time-Justin to bed one night, I went to bed feeling just fine; the next morning I couldn't get out of bed. Seems I had a partially-slipped disc in my neck from giving Justin that piggy-back ride. (So be careful piggy-backing your children ladies.)

Also, Monday, I had a headache the whole day and a root canal (was in the dentist chair from 1-3pm.)

I'm falling apart :wideeyed:

Please keep me in your prayers and send some good thoughts my way.

Christie
03-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh no Jan. You just can't seem to catch a break lately. I hope that your pain goes away and next time be careful when sleeping! LOL!! Poor Jan.

logcabincreations
03-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh no Jan. You just can't seem to catch a break lately. I hope that your pain goes away and next time be careful when sleeping! LOL!! Poor Jan.

I know. It seems I no sooner get over one thing...then something else catches me. :cry2:

hutchink
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh sis, that is horrible! I hope you are feeling better soon. I will put you on my prayer list!

teabear
03-04-2008, 07:16 PM
yikes Jan, what a week. I have an old neck injury that shows up once in a while. I see the chiropractor on a regular basis just to keep it in check. It helps immensely.

cindi
03-04-2008, 07:30 PM
when it rains it pours.
I'm sending prayers and good thought your way
:)

directmailscrapper
03-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Jan, I'd suggest you just go back to bed, but that's what started this, isn't it? Maybe you should just keep stamping. Hope the chiro helps!

GrammaStamper
03-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Jan, I feel for you. Neck/back pain is the worst. I hope the chiropractor can fix you up really quick. Hugs to you.

logcabincreations
03-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Thank you all. I iced my neck and shoulders a good hour this evening and it helped. Going to try and get some sleep (without a pillow....have to roll a towel and put it in the crook of my neck and shoulders.) We'll see what tomorrow brings. I have another chiropractor appt. at 9:15.

Paula Carden
03-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Take care and feel better really soon!!

threefriends91
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh Jan, l sure hope things turn around for you soon..be carefull when you use the ice pack you should not leave it on any more then 20 min. at a time, you can end up with a freezer burn...my chiroprator said 20min. on and wait for an hour before you put it back on or l would end up doing more damage..even if it feels good..check this out you don't need any more problems..Hugs and Prayers are being sent to you.

lakeslady
03-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Oh you poor thing, hope you feel better very soon

logcabincreations
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh Jan, l sure hope things turn around for you soon..be carefull when you use the ice pack you should not leave it on any more then 20 min. at a time, you can end up with a freezer burn...my chiroprator said 20min. on and wait for an hour before you put it back on or l would end up doing more damage..even if it feels good..check this out you don't need any more problems..Hugs and Prayers are being sent to you.

I was careful -- had my ice pack wrapped in a towel and moved it around so not in one spot very long.

scrapsoon
03-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Pour Jan how sad to hear this all.
Take good care of your self.
I do hope you are feeling a little bit better today.

patg
03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Hugs to you Jan! I hope you get to feeling better soon! I use to piggy back my kids too! Pat