PDA

View Full Version : I cannot find the Birthday List thread...

JBgreendawn
03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
but, I am thinking I am going to have to bow-out of this group... I totally skipped every Feb birthday and we are picking up an 8 week old (not house broken) puppy next week. (and my stamp space is carpeted)
so, my creating time is about to get severely hacked.

anyways,
maybe i can re-join later.
Sorry,

maxiesmom
03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I never thought this was a " you must do" thing. I was always under the impression that it gave you someones name, address and birthday if you wanted to send cards to folks. If this has been a "you must send" then I have been a very bad girl! There are a whole LOT of names on that list and truly Stacy, I don't think anyone has sent a card to EVERYONE on it.
I say don't stress about it and keep your name on it!

MidwestStamper
03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Yes, I believe this list was for information only. I don't think there is anyone that is sending cards to everyone on the list.

JBgreendawn
03-05-2008, 10:04 PM
ah now you tell me

some of these people i sent cards to i dont even think i have ever read a single post they made...

iloveflipflops
03-06-2008, 05:40 AM
I only send cards to the "shack regulars" .

maxiesmom
03-06-2008, 08:03 AM
ah now you tell me

some of these people i sent cards to i dont even think i have ever read a single post they made...

On a similar note, I was looking through the members list a week or so ago and it is amazing to me how many people are members and don't EVER post! Or even have a gallery. I know some people are here mostly for their gallery and that's ok, but to do neither?? Why bother is my question? Do you have to be a member to see the gallery? I know ours rocks so maybe that's it.
Now I am no way ever gonna get a Top Poster award and that's ok, but I do feel like I'm a 'regular' and people kinda 'know me'.
I just found it curious.

loobylou
03-06-2008, 08:41 AM
On a similar note, I was looking through the members list a week or so ago and it is amazing to me how many people are members and don't EVER post! Or even have a gallery. I know some people are here mostly for their gallery and that's ok, but to do neither?? Why bother is my question? Do you have to be a member to see the gallery? I know ours rocks so maybe that's it.
Now I am no way ever gonna get a Top Poster award and that's ok, but I do feel like I'm a 'regular' and people kinda 'know me'.
I just found it curious.

There are some people who pay Shack Plus membership just so they can access the fabulous template downloads, and a couple who come here for the flaker-free swaps, but don't post regularly, others come for the Creative Corner- these are all Benefits of Shackplus membership that other sites DON"T offer. We have a fantastic site here. A couple of my friends who are members come to stalk the gallery, and never post. They say they don't have time to "get involved'. As long as new people keep contributing to the running of the messageboard, I'm a happy little vegemite.

Oh, and I only send birthday cards to people who I interact with regularly at the Shack. Sometimes my relatives don't get a card, but YOU do! :goofy:

loobylou
03-06-2008, 08:44 AM
The birthday list is HERE (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)

These addresses and user details are ONLY available to SHACKPLUS members

JBgreendawn
03-06-2008, 10:01 AM
The lists i have came to me in emails from Sherri...

when iget motivated i think I need to get a calendar for it, and add the b-days to it that way because the list is alphabetical...

OR maybe we could do some altered roldex cards for the list or the people we want to send cards to?
I have one now but, no one from the shack is in it so that makes it harder to figure out who all has a birthday and when...

threefriends91
03-06-2008, 10:15 AM
l got the list and put all the names in my book by mouth and have so fare sent out all the birthday cards..and l'm sure that we don't have to send cards to everyone..but when l made my list of goals this year,one of my goals was to send a card to everyone on the list.. and l want to keep my goals..That being said next year l'm changing this goal to only the people we talk to here..
it has been good for me because l have time where most people don't and it has helped me to grow in my card making.

loobylou
03-06-2008, 10:20 AM
I have a calendar hanging in my craft room just for Shack Birthdays and swap due dates. it works for me

mom_on_line
03-06-2008, 11:27 AM
OK, I knew there was a list, but I also thought it was a joined group to send. So the flood ones are a joined group, then, right?

lakeslady
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Cathy, being a reasonably new member I have done the same as you, and since joining the birthday list I have sent a card to everyone that has had a birthday this month.
I thought at the time, "what a lot to do" but did not want to be any different to anyone else. Oh well you live and learn ( or find out) LOL

MidwestStamper
03-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes, the Flood is an actual Swap that you can join on the Swap page. Sherri pulls 5 names at random each month from the list of those who have signed up--you could still join!

JBgreendawn
03-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Yvonne,
You are on my newer printed out list that i have... ( i have one from last fall and one newer one that was decemberish?)

Far North
03-06-2008, 04:37 PM
While we are talking about the list...I too am a bit confused. This list started in the very beginning before there was a the birthday calender listed at the botton of the quick links (see the far right of the top toolbar). Now if we post our birthday in the profile they are in the birthday calendar...If you use the calendar to check for birthday you can click on any name and will go directly to the person's profile so you have easy access to the address as well as can look at the #of post and gallery entries the person has made if you don't know them.

So-o my question is, if this list is not for those who want to "actively" send other shackies birthday cards...what is the purpose of this list?...need to know 'cause I am probably doing it wrong LOL!
Thanks...Jan

iloveflipflops
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I just have a master copy of the members birthdates and addresses that i have in my computer. I share it with everyone the list. I just like to have a printed off list at my desk at all times of everyone right in front of me. Does this answer your question Jan because now I am confused too. LOL

MidwestStamper
03-06-2008, 04:56 PM
While we are talking about the list...I too am a bit confused. This list started in the very beginning before there was a the birthday calender listed at the botton of the quick links (see the far right of the top toolbar). Now if we post our birthday in the profile they are in the birthday calendar...If you use the calendar to check for birthday you can click on any name and will go directly to the person's profile so you have easy access to the address as well as can look at the #of post and gallery entries the person has made if you don't know them.

So-o my question is, if this list is not for those who want to "actively" send other shackies birthday cards...what is the purpose of this list?...need to know 'cause I am probably doing it wrong LOL!
Thanks...Jan

This is what I do too Jan--just go to the Calendar each month and print it, circle the people that I know --then find their address on their profiles and print them on the back of the calendar.

Sometimes if a name isn't immediately familiar to me, I'll click on 'show all posts' --then when I read a few of the posts I usually recall who they are!

The master list is so long and not ABC (or is it?) that I don't usually refer to it. That's just me.

iloveflipflops
03-06-2008, 04:58 PM
It is in ABC order but not in birthdate month order.

MidwestStamper
03-06-2008, 05:00 PM
It is in ABC order but not in birthdate month order.

Thanks Sherri -- I knew that there was some reason I didn't refer to it as much as I do just looking at profiles.

mom_on_line
03-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Well, I guess I learn something new every day! LOL! So now I know!

maxiesmom
03-06-2008, 08:47 PM
There are some people who pay Shack Plus membership just so they can access the fabulous template downloads, and a couple who come here for the flaker-free swaps, but don't post regularly, others come for the Creative Corner- these are all Benefits of Shackplus membership that other sites DON"T offer. We have a fantastic site here. A couple of my friends who are members come to stalk the gallery, and never post. They say they don't have time to "get involved'. As long as new people keep contributing to the running of the messageboard, I'm a happy little vegemite.

Oh, and I only send birthday cards to people who I interact with regularly at the Shack. Sometimes my relatives don't get a card, but YOU do! :goofy:

I forget about the downloadable( is that one word??) templates and the swap factor. Excellent reasons all to be here! :D