PDA

View Full Version : ? menu for snacks

Robinkay
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
This is the menu that Potawamtomi Inn provided us with:

TAKE A BREAK
Afternoon Delight $4.95
Assorted Homemade Cookies, Whole Fresh Fruit, Iced Tea and Lemonade.
Afternoon Rejuvenation $4.95
Assorted Fresh Fruit Tray, Assorted Yogurt Cups, Pretzels, Iced Tea and Lemonade.
Intermission Break $4.95
Popcorn, Assorted Bags of Chips with Dip, Candy Bars, and Assorted Soft Drinks.
$6.95
Health Watch
Whole Fresh Fruit, Granola Bars, Muffins, Assorted Yogurt Cups, Coffee, Iced Tea and Lemonade.
Mid-Morning Stretch $6.95
Homemade Coffeecake, Orange Juice, Coffee and Hot Tea. (Min. 20 people)
After School Break $3.95
Assorted Homemade Cookies, Coffee and Iced Tea.
$5.95
Create a Sundae
Premium Vanilla Ice Cream with Various Toppings and Fresh Baked Cookies, Iced Tea and Lemonade.

Other items available upon request. Prices indicated are per person unless stated otherwise. All prices listed are subject to a 18% service
charge and 6% sales tax. Prices subject to change. The guaranteed number of guest for your event must be given to the Sales Office no
later than three business days prior to the function. Charges will be assessed from that number.

A LA CARTE
Fresh Baked Cookies $12.95
Double Fudge Brownies $22.95
Chips, Pretzels or Nachos $6.95/lb
Asst "Fun Size" Candy Bars $5.95/dz
Mixed Nuts (per pound) $10.95
Coffee (per gallon) $11.95
Coffee (per carafe) $5.95
Hot Cocoa (per gallon) $24.95
Iced Tea or Lemonade (per gallon) $7.95
Citrus Fruit Punch $10.95
Milk (carafe) $4.95
Bottled Waters (each) $1.50
Soft Drinks (each) $1.25
Carafe of Fruit Juice $7.50
Assorted Bottled Juices (each) $1.50

BOXED LUNCHES $10.95
Choose From:
Courtyard Club Sandwich
Italian Hero
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Vegetarian Sandwich
Chef Salad
(Lunches include: Above choice, potato chips, side salad, whole fresh fruit or yogurt cup
condiments, and soft drink)
Other items available upon request. Prices indicated are per person unless stated otherwise. All prices listed are subject to 18% service
charge and 6% sales tax. Prices subject to change. The guaranteed number of guests for your event must be given to the Sales Office no
later than three business days prior to the function. Charges will be assessed from that number.

If anyone is interested in having this let Chris or I know.

workin4stamps
03-10-2008, 12:51 PM
So is this stuff that we ARE allowed to have in the conference room??

Traci

Robinkay
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
So is this stuff that we ARE allowed to have in the conference room??

Traci

Yes, the food listed is allowed in the confrence room. Ya see then if you want some sorta food you have to get it from them. :skeptical: Chris & I didnt know if anyone would be interested in getting food or not. I think they said they will provide water :biglaugh: I was thinking of just paying for a couple of them and we could just bring in our food...candy bars...M& M's whatever and just put it on their trays so it looks like we were eating their stuff. I don't know what to do? Chris is a sneeky person maybe she will come up with something.

Spartymom
03-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I was wondering about drinks too. Coffee is the morning would have to be priority. Tee hee. I like the breakfast meal, bagels, coffee, granola bar. The box lunches seem pricey. I don't know what to do either. I'll still bring down appetizers for Friday afternoon.

workin4stamps
03-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Note the fine print: all items subject to 18% surcharge PLUS 6% tax. So you may as well bump up the price 25%!

I don't have a problem getting a few things. Maybe if we order enough for just a few of us at each "snack time" , then if they come in the room and see us chewing at least we'll have an excuse. Surely I can sneak cookies and m&m's into my crop bag!

:-)
Traci

Robinkay
03-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Note the fine print: all items subject to 18% surcharge PLUS 6% tax. So you may as well bump up the price 25%!

I don't have a problem getting a few things. Maybe if we order enough for just a few of us at each "snack time" , then if they come in the room and see us chewing at least we'll have an excuse. Surely I can sneak cookies and m&m's into my crop bag!

:-)
Traci

I agree Traci at least if they come past our room they will think we are eating their food.

I looked at the "funsize" candy bars...$5.95 for a dozen. OMG! :wacko:

Chris reminded me that they do have like a snack bar in the building so we arent sure if we can take that food into the confrence room or not.

The lady will be getting with Chris about 2 weeks prior to Shackapaloosa to figure out how many tables and to figure out other details. So at least by then we can figure something out.

Robinkay
03-10-2008, 02:09 PM
I was wondering about drinks too. Coffee is the morning would have to be priority. Tee hee. I like the breakfast meal, bagels, coffee, granola bar. The box lunches seem pricey. I don't know what to do either. I'll still bring down appetizers for Friday afternoon.

Yep...Coffee is a must for sure! :) Maybe we can have some breakfast stuff and a couple of snacks?

The appetizers (cheese & etc) sound good for in the room. Great idea! :)

Spartymom
03-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I would be more than happy to go to Sam's and buy the huge box of granola bars too.

maxiesmom
03-10-2008, 04:42 PM

That's another thing we could maybe have our room set up for breakfast for bagels or muffins or the granola bars?

I mean seriously, for the $6 something it would end up being per person, if we all chipped in that much $$ do you know HOW much stuff we would be able to buy? Not that I'm suggesting that, but they are really overcharging for what they are providing!

maxiesmom
03-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Geez, I had typed up a different message first and now don't know what I did! I was saying how pricey that stuff all is and guess that's why they won't allow food. They want us to buy their overpriced stuff! I mean 5.95 for a dozen 'fun size' bars? You can get regular size stuff at Sam's or Costco for about .39 each! Sheesh!

directmailscrapper
03-10-2008, 06:06 PM
We should probably buy SOMETHING -- and then sneak in some of the basics, what do you think? I can't imagine paying $1.50 for water ALL DAY LONG... And $1.25 per soda will get pricey. Maybe we could buy the gallon of coffee and a gallon of iced tea and maybe the ice cream sundaes for later in the evening? If we buy some stuff, it will make it easier for us to sneak in other stuff! :-)

I'm game for stopping at a store for bottled water, chips, and other munchies. Are there restaurants around? Maybe we could reserve dinner somewhere -- even at an Olive Garden or someplace like that.

maxiesmom
03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
We should probably buy SOMETHING -- and then sneak in some of the basics, what do you think? I can't imagine paying $1.50 for water ALL DAY LONG... And $1.25 per soda will get pricey. Maybe we could buy the gallon of coffee and a gallon of iced tea and maybe the ice cream sundaes for later in the evening? If we buy some stuff, it will make it easier for us to sneak in other stuff! :-)

I'm game for stopping at a store for bottled water, chips, and other munchies. Are there restaurants around? Maybe we could reserve dinner somewhere -- even at an Olive Garden or someplace like that.

I agree with Nancy, we probably can't get away with way too much. There is an Amish family restaurant in Middlebury that is awesome, I need to see how far it is. I don't think way too far, but definitely farther than 5 or 10 mins. Chris & Robin, I'm talking about the Essenhaus, if you've ever been there. YUM! But I eat anything! Olive Garden sounds good too!

workin4stamps
03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
The Amish restaurant sounds good if it's not too far. I would love to have something "different".

Traci

spredbirds
03-10-2008, 11:55 PM
The sundae bar sounds good ... and if I am reading it right it is only $5.95 for ice cream cookies and lemonade?

I am fine with disguising our treats or going back to peoples rooms ....

Robinkay
03-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I checked out the Amish restaurant It's called the Blue Gate...it is about 51 minutes away from Potawatomi Inn. (aprox 43 miles)
There are alot of restaurants in Ft.Wayne if we want to eat after shopping at Archievers,Hobby Lobby, Micheals & Joann Fabrics.(We dont have to shop at them all)
There is a restaurant just down the road from the Inn that is called Bennigans.(sp) They also have an Applebees and a...TGIF(I think) or maybe is it Ruby Tuesdays?
Chris might remember.
It just depends on when everyone wants to eat!

Here is a list of restaurants in Ft. Wayne for everyone to take a look at. There is an Olive Garden and much more. I guess it depends on who likes what kinda food. Me I can eat anything but I try to stay away from fish.
http://www.yellowbook.com/category/restaurants/indiana/fort-wayne/?src=qgo&se=4

maxiesmom
03-11-2008, 04:51 AM
The Blue Gate is in Shipshewana, I'm talking about Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury. Both the same kind of food, I think that the Essenhaus maybe be open later. It is a little farther, but good food and yummy pies!!

Spartymom
03-11-2008, 08:27 AM
I agree we need to buy some and go out and eat too. The point is to have fun and crop, and stamp but have snacks and beverages ready if need be.

mydogstinks2
03-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I think that stuff it to much $$$ I know they have a little resturant right there. I think all of the rooms have a coffee maker in them.

I agree that perhaps buy one of their snack items and we just provide a little more, ya know.

I'm going to buy some of those flavor pack thingys for the water so we will have those too. I did see a soda machine not to far away in the hall. I think I'm gonna have a cooler full of wine coolers too. (I will be on vacation after all!)

As for meals there are TONS of places right down the road, like 10 minutes away. I can drive 10 minutes in the morning for a Starbucks and McD's run. There was a little like "living room" set up with couches and a tv and a huge fish tank. I can totally picture us all sitting around there in the morning having our breakfast. You can just place orders and I will go and get the stuff. (I may have someone come with to help hold things) Then we can all meet there to eat and get our day started.

I guess I should have looked into this "no outside food" thing a little more. I just wanted a FUN weekend with just hanging out and cropping. It was mentioned at MOA how it would be fun to just do that and not have to go to scheduled classes and stuff. That was what I was trying to do here.

There IS a scrapbook store still just down the road a few miles in the outlet mall. OR there is Archivers and some other stores about an hour away.

We have our cropping room at these times:

Friday 6pm-midnight
saturday- ALL DAY
sunday- till Noon

The cost for all 3 days is $500 total...split up between all of us that is about $30-ish each.

I'm going to squeeze in all the cropping time I can.

mydogstinks2
03-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I forgot to add...
I think the no outside food is a health code thing. They have another resturant right there too and so it's like the whole you can't take your own lunch into Wendy's, ya know what I mean.