PDA

View Full Version : Time for the truth

threefriends91
03-11-2008, 09:25 AM
l just had to say something and l'm not sure how to start. l love all you ladies and have always felt that this was a great and safe place to be. We laugh, cry, and Pray and support each other.
But l must say l'm really hurt and find myself wondering if you care for me as much as l have cared for you..
it started when l won the blue ribbon..This was a big day for me l was so excited and felt great after all this was a really big thing for me. now l know my cards don't stand up to some of your great cards, but isn't this how we grow we teach each other.(not that l have much to teach you)
On the weekend that Far North asked everyone to help congratulat me for my blue ribbon, l noticed that there were alot of viewers but only 5 people had came out and congraulated me.
l must say l just wanted to cry, here was one of the biggest days of my life and when l seen how many had viewed this post with out any comment..well l felt that maybe l should take the hint and leave.
l'm not sure what l have done, but it sure would be nice if someone would fill me in. and if l have hurt someone l'm sorry but please let me know so l can grow..
l am not asking for you to praise me, if you really feel you don't want to well l appropriate your honesty.
l'm sorry l'm going on so long but l feel sad and sick inside..l do want to thank the 5 ladies for their support and to all you that had to put up with me.
l just had to be open as this has been eating away at me and felt l needed to be open and honest with all of you.
my hb said l should stick it out as l have grown so much and just let it go..

mydogstinks2
03-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm so sorry you feel that way!! You shouldn't!! I missed that post about getting your ribbon but I did notice the ribbon. I miss alot of posts and have just quit trying to catch up on them. I will sometimes go and read one but if it is like a week old I just won't comment on it cause I think its "old news" ya know. Then I feel silly posting that people will think "gees where have you been we talked about that a week ago."

DON'T feel sad!!! We still love you!! You should let us know how you feel. We can't keep that stuff inside or we will explode!

I know I have felt that way at one time or another. Sometimes I get hurt too, just the other day I was hurt by something someone said to me on here. But ya know I just had to let it go. Life goes on and this person may not have even relized she did it. Plus I was pmsie and that may have been why it hurt me.

Thank You for letting us know how you feel! I can't speek for everyone but..

I LIKE YOU!!!!:D

Swanie78
03-11-2008, 09:40 AM
I really dont think it's anything personal. Im here daily pretty much, but I dont always post. Either because Im just taking a break from something and dont want to get 'stuck' here, or because Im at work and dont have the time to devote to replying.
There are also certain parts of the site that I just dont get interested in. The ribbon thing is one of them. I think its cool if you (general you) enjoy it though. I just dont respond to those threads because they dont interest me.
I can understand being hurt by the views though. Sometimes Ill go in the gallery and see that stuff Ive posted has gotten 20 views and only 2 praises. I always wonder why more people havent praise, but then I realize that I do the same thing sometimes....look, but dont respond/praise.
Dont value your worth by the number of times people have viewed your posts/cards. That's not fair to yourself, and its not fair to the people who still care for you, but may have nothing to add. Sometimes being the 15th person to just say "Congrats" doesn't feel right ;)
Like I said above, I dont follow the ribbon threads, but Congratulations to you on getting one! Which one is that for?

My3Ds
03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Please don't be sad. I lurk alot and don't always post a response or leave praise. But, I can honestly say that all of projects posted in the gallery are worthy of high praise. Just because I look and don't leave praise doesn't mean I don't like it. I'm just too busy or too lazy at the time to comment. Your work is great and the blue ribbon is well deserved. Don't let the number of comments be a gauge as to how we/you see your level of talent. (( )) hugs

logcabincreations
03-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi Cathy. I'm sorry you are feeling sad because of this. Like Kelly, I often don't have time to respond to all the posts. I try, but it can be overwhelming. My youngest had the flu over the weekend, I've had a nasty toothache since Saturday, I have one graduating college soon and he is going into the Marines, one graduating high school soon.....well....somtimes life just gets in the way of me having time to devote to reading and responding to all of the threads although I do try to stay on top of the news here.

I did read your story and look at your card, and they are both fantastic! You certainly deserved the blue ribbon. You and I have a lot in common. If you look in my gallery, I believe you'll see that I have a lot less cards showing than yours. I've only been stamping about 3 years now, and still feel like such a baby compared to the wonderful artists here; but I do a lot of looking--trying to learn from everyone else.

Keep up the good work, and don't let this get you down.

mahodgman
03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Stop that! You are a wonderful person, and I hope you know that on the inside. When you say stuff like this, I wonder if you do know. I like you, everyone likes you, and people just get busy sometimes. Honestly, I didn't know about your ribbon, but if I did know about your ribbon I would have said yay Cathy! A ribbon is quite an honor, and your work is great, so congratulations! Each one of us adds a little something to this community, and I for one appreciate everyone and what they have to offer. I would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. But let's face it, sometimes we all do without realizing it. Chin up girlfriend, you are loved!

countrycowgirl
03-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh don't take it personally Cathy. I had very few responses when Jan posted my blue ribbon announcement also. I think since it is on the main page and it is seen when you first log on... we go and look at your write up and card but don't read the post that Jan makes as we already know what it is going to say.

I did not see the post as I was not around this weekend, but I just want to say that it is not anything against you... so please don't take it personally!

{{{HUGS}}}

JBgreendawn
03-11-2008, 10:22 AM
ah heck, its probably part of my "job" description as a team player to post to those things, and i usually don't. I don't know, heck I don't even start threads for the gals who get color ribbons because i don't think of it.
I'm not a word person. ( not on paper)
(really I'm not)
the other ladies on the team proof read my posts,
I'm more of a the picture should tell you the story kind of a person.

you want to hear something funny?
its not just you.
before i was on the ct team my uploads to the gallery got lots of comments and the last 6 months or so its a shock if they get more then 6 or 7 comments.
I think thats just the nature of internet sites,
alot of people look
and there are not alot of comments
you can't take it personal
or your make yourself crazy.
(or sad)

{{{{{ HUGS }}}}

Christie
03-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Welll I'm probably one of the quilty ones. I look at tons of cards in the gallery and maybe post on on 1/8 of what I actually look at. I'm very bad about that. It's really just me being lazy. Don't get your feelings hurt because I think there are lot more like me out there!!! Of course we love you, we love all our members and don't want anyone to have hurt feelings. Here's a Kiss XXX and a Hug OOO for you!!

toao
03-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Congratulations on your blue ribbon! I haven't been here much lately, so I didn't see it. Sorry you didn't get the attention you deserved. I hope you saw my post thanking you for the birthday card! You really are a sweet person. Pep up, I'm sure these ladies all adore you. I know I do.

Mary

lakeslady
03-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Cathy, carry on creating and stay here at the Stamp Shack.

I have belonged to a number of craft forums, and I have to say that this is the friendliest forum I have ever belonged to.
I was not speaking lightly when I said I had found my crafting home here.

Not everyone reads every single post, it depends on the type of thing you like or have time for.

The award was a BIG accomplishment for you, and the creative team recognised your talent. So hold that close to your heart, and be thankful for your achievement. Please look for good in people and do not doubt your own strenghts. We are all equal and we all start off our stamping lives from the same starting post, so keep smiling and grow with all of us.

Vintagegal
03-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Cathy, please don't leave. I'm sorry if I didn't post something on the thread congratulating you. I'll be one to apologize. I know that you go way out of your way to make people feel special. I won't even begin to make excuses for why I may not have posted on that thread. It could have been laziness. Regardless, I have no good excuse to make you feel any better. Just so you know, though, I don't post on each and every thread that's started on this website. Also, not everyone responds to my threads. I post over on Splitcoaststampers and 2 Peas, and nobody responds. It doesn't mean I'm not special. It's just that some people may not know me well enough to respond to me. I hope you know how wonderful you are as a person and as an artist, and I hope you don't leave.

keltie
03-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I too, received very little feedback when iIreceived my Blue Ribbon. But you would have been one of the first ones to leave a word of praise. You are so kind and thoughtful with all your comments. I have appreciated every one of them. I,also agree sometimes I think I have a great card. and hardly get any comments. but on the other hand
I admit I don't leave enough comments. I can only sit for short time so comment only a little. But I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.I will try to do better. I love your work I like how quick you were to accept your SS challenge. I like the challenges here cause that it what makes us grow. Please don't feel ,you are encouraging to others , like me. I look when I post a card ,for your comment cause I know you likely left one . Please think of your self as such a help to others. So sorry you are feeling so sad. i'll be thinking about you and praying for you, and I for one will try harder to encourage others.

Erin K
03-11-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm so out of the loop I don't know what a blue ribbon is for, but whatever you did to get one I'm proud of you!

I'm sorry you didn't feel you got the acknowledgement you deserved. I'm sorry I didn't notice your need.

hugs to you.

I'm going to go try to find out what the ribbon is for. Something you made?

Erin K
03-11-2008, 11:03 AM
OK I can't figure out what a ribbon with a scissors in it means. I did see that you have nice cards and I am glad you post them here for us to see.

Congrats on your ribbon. *I'm sure everyone else knows, I'm totally out of the loop on ribbons*

patg
03-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi Cathy,

I am sorry you feel that way. Honestly, I missed the post and had no idea that you had won a blue ribbon. Congratulations to you. It is an honour to have won something and that's exactly what you should feel -- honour and nothing less. Hugs to you. pat

stampcrazyjulie
03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Congrats to you on receiving your blue ribbon! What an accomplishment for you!

I lurk more then I post and that's only because I am often holding my "very needy" Toddler so I can only type with one hand, so more often then not, I don't post. I apologize that I did not respond initially to tell you KUDOS for a job well done! Sometimes it just takes a post like this to give me a wake up call.

Keep up the great work that you do! :)

Have a stamptastic day!

Julie

shuggy
03-11-2008, 11:27 AM
i'm probably guilty of always looking, but never commenting. i do it often. it doesn't mean i don't like the person's work or the person. it just means i either forget to comment or just don't do it. so sorry if it hurt your feelings if i didn't comment to you. i think your cards are great and i think you are great!! please don't go away!!! congratulations on the great job!!!

hbpuppy
03-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Cathy. I have to tell you that I did exactly what Donna said. I saw that you got the award and went straight to the creative corner to read the write up about you. Then, from there, I went to make a comment or two in the gallery.

I think I'm in a similar boat as you. I leave a lot more comments than I receive both in the gallery and on blogs. I think I have just come to terms with the fact that leaving comments is more important to me than it is to most other people.

When I'm on the Shack, I do leave more gallery comments than I do thread comments.

I think you are very valuable here. Don't leave and don't feel too hurt. I don't totally trust the view count anyways. It counts number of looks but someone could be looking more than once and it will could your views and the lurkers who aren't members yet.

Anyways, congrats on your blue ribbon. It was fun for me to read the spotlight on you.

threefriends91
03-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Thank you ladies so much..l feel like a jurk and how could l have ever thought that you didn't care..l am sorry l posted this l would like to say it was PMS.. but l can't say that l'm to old LOL..l am going through the change of life, you know hot flashes and all that good stuff..does that count.
anyway thank you for letting me blow off some steam..and l know each of us has our own problems.
So forgive me for complaining about something that is just selfish..Love you all so much.

mom_on_line
03-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Cathy, I just wanted to say {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}.

I have no idea what the ribbons are about, other than you've accomplished something. After reading the posts here, I gather it's on the front page? I have to confess. I bookmarked this site to the forums, not the front page, so I rarely see it. Maybe I should change it.

I also have to confess I've been here for over a year and still have not seen every category here. Most times that I'm here, I lurk, as I'm at work and it gets busy with people wanting this and that and phones constantly ringing, so I can't post even if I wanted to or maybe just a short one. Or if I'm home, I have deadlines on things I'm working on or getting ready for events/places I need to be at.

Congratulations on your accomplishment! You know I posted my birthday cards on my blog and got many compliments on them, yours specifically.

ccstampin12
03-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Cathy!!!
I think that's about 5 more comments than I got when one of my cards was chosen for this honor.
I did feel kind of badly at first, but I felt so good that anything of mine had been noticed and singled out, that I just enjoyed the honor by myself!!!
LOL
You just keep on keeping on...no one here means to ignore. I don't think I was one of the ones who left you a comment, and I know how it felt not to receive any!
Go figure!!!
HUGS HUGS HUGS!
Do you feel better yet???
Joanie

Far North
03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Cathy, I am sending you big hugs because indeed you set a big goal for yourself and you accomplished it!!! Loobylou/Sarah said that wonderfully as she posted the first thread of congratulations. You played in the challenges and your card from last month's technique challenge was randomly selected by the Creative Team to be honored as the featured guest artist. We hope the ribbons help encourage shackies to try some new challenges.

I know we all hope we have a team of shackies cheering us on as we achieve new accomplishments and I personally feel very sad when I post a congrats thread for the award winners and they receive hardly any compliments. The CT featured challenge artist ribbons started with a big flurry as might be expected with something new but before Christmas I think everyone got so-o busy that some congratulations threads had nearly no response. I was totally sad for those participants and personally stopped initiating the congratulations post. Ethel enthusiastically restarted the threads in January and stirred a good response...but unfortunately shackies did not continue responding to the congratulatory threads. I too have notice similar lack of applause for the gallery posts. Since Christmas there has been less comments with many gallery post receiving no response and many others are blessed to get 1-3. I know it must be disheartening to take the time to make gallery posts and play challenges and get little or no applause. As others have already said this is not a personal statement against any one person. The creative team very much wants to support and encourage shackies if you have any ideas of specific ways we can make improvements please do let us know!

Cathy you are a very special woman! You are the tops in posting compliments everywhere I turn and I appreciate your strength in being able to kindly express your feelings here. I see that you are already brushing yourself off so I want to cheer you on and can't wait to see your success with the versamark technique challenge...You go Cathy!

Happy stampin!...Jan

Vintagegal
03-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Cathy you are a very special woman! You are the tops in posting compliments everywhere I turn

This begs repeating!

There are very few others who are like you in this regard.... You MAKE the time to make sure others feel special, and it's not lip-service. You are very sincere and caring, and your posts are well thought-out. We LOVE this about you. I'm sorry I didn't say this to you sooner.

Sherry
03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Aww Cathy, I'm so sorry that your feelings were hurt. I don't recall seeing that particular post but please know that I am thrilled for you and that I did read your story on the Creative Corner page.

I am probably one of the biggest offenders of reading posts and not replying. It's not that I don't WANT to reply it's just that I don't always have the time. My personal life has been pretty hectic nowadays since my mornings are now tied up at the gym, followed by erands, and then tending to my family in late afternoon/evening. Most days, I don't get a chance to log on to The Stamp Shack until after supper. When I do log on, I always have multiple private messages waiting for me and then I usually have to tend to someones account or perform website maintenance or a backup (which takes about an hour to do). Thursdays are my days to update the CT pages (usually 1 1/2 hours). If I do have a little extra time to respond to posts, it's usually the ones that appear on the top of the 'New Posts' list. So please, and this goes out to everyone, don't take offense to my lack of communication - it really isn't anything personal. I love you all just the same :D

ellie
03-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I am sorry you feel that way...I do love you...and I think you are very talented! I haven't been posting much at all lately because the new puppy takes up so much of my time. We have also had another person move in with us and things have been really hectic...please hang in there!

ngreek
03-11-2008, 03:59 PM
So I am going to apalogize as I am one of the individuals who does the selective viewing on the posts. With living in the hills and only having Dial Up it takes FOREVER to get pages up... but I soon will have high speed.

At times it might be difficult to remember that just becuse people do not respond it is not a personal attack. I was amazed to read the post about how many of us work full time or more and travel time. With so much time away from the computer it is amazing the number of people who are able to respond and type anything at all.

Nicole

MidwestStamper
03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi Cathy--sorry to hear that you've felt hurt here. I have to honestly say that I don't think I've ever left a comment for ANY Blue Ribbon Winner. It's not that I don't think it's great for them, it's usually that I'm just quickly skimming the Gallery and mostly doing the 'click and look'.

I posted a card recently (not blue ribbon) that didn't get one single comment, but I chose to not let it bother me. It's all in how you take it (with a grain of salt...). Most times I'm zipping through this site, since I visit several sites a day, so depending on my mood I will or will not leave comments--even if I think something is cute or neat. I'm honestly not ignoring, snubbing, or anything like that on purpose--and I don't think anyone else here would do that either.

scrapsoon
03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Please do not take it personal.
You are a really great and creativ person.
We all are great and creativ.
I have moments that i post comments a lot to everyone and moments that i don't post anything.
Somethimes there are so much beautiful cards posted it's to much to comment them all.
It's is not cause of you,so don't think you did something wrong.

Paula Carden
03-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Cathy- I did even see the post or have I noticed the blue ribbons this go around; however you certainly deserve it. I love your creations...you are as good as the rest of us. We all learn and get ideas from each other-altho I am not a big poster of cards either-just because I am always in such a hurry. I admit it feels good when people post something- I will try to do better.
You know it had to be great if you got the Ribbon!!

kimmyqtgirl
03-11-2008, 11:00 PM
I will admit I sometimes "lurk" and don't post. Either because I don't want to end up spending hours on here or just because I am not in a mood to think of something to type - does that make sense. I also haven't been on as much lately. Congrats on your ribbon sorry to hear you got so upset.

Tantalize
03-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Agreed with what has already been posted, Cathy... some days I'm just not feelin' it and just lurk on the board. Some days I come on, and quickly check something and then Im gone. Other days - I will thoroughly go through posts. It really depends on my mood. Sorry I missed congratulating you, but you really do some awesome work, so dont get down - you earned your ribbon!