PDA

View Full Version : Coloring transparencies with alcohol ink

Far North
03-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Clear Prima Paintables are the new pre-printed transparencies that Tami shared with us a few weeks back. But one can certainly stamp their own to make it card size. Here is a U tube tutorial (http://ironorchiddesigns.typepad.com/iod/2008/03/clear-paintable.html)on how to use blender fluid in a water brush for coloring with alcohol inks on the transparencies.

If you play while I am working please add a link here to your gallery post...thanks for sharing.

...Jan

teabear
03-11-2008, 07:07 PM
That was so cool Jan. I never ever imagined painting with AI like that. I need another water brush just for blending solution :)

threefriends91
03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Thanks Jan, l saved it to look at tomorrow as its getting late..but can't wait to take a good look at it.

loobylou
03-12-2008, 06:30 AM
great link , Jan, Thanks a lot. Would I stamp with Stazon, if i wanted to make my own transparency? Would I colour on the inked side, or the back? This is really interesting.

suzi_f
03-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Hmmm, looks like something else I need to buy: AI, blending solution & a water brush.

Far North
03-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Yes, Sarah I am gonna try Stazon and coloring on the backside. Of course the good news of coloring on the backside is that you can color right over top of the lines without leaving gaps in the color or altering the color of the black lines.

Christie
03-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Yes, Sarah I am gonna try Stazon and coloring on the backside. Of course the good news of coloring on the backside is that you can color right over top of the lines without leaving gaps in the color or altering the color of the black lines.

This is a great tip. I think it would look better on the back because the black lines would stay black. Thanks for the link Jan and the great idea!!!

moon_beam23
03-12-2008, 10:50 AM
What a cool idea!! I might have to try that out this weekend!

JBgreendawn
03-12-2008, 04:31 PM
that is so cool.
typed this one handed with a sleepin puppy in my lap :)