PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that if you have a reinker....

jdpisces
12-05-2006, 09:54 PM
You can make a marker with the ink out of SU! (or any brand, I suppose)blender pens?

I won a reinker at my demo's Holiday Open house and she told me you can do it by just adding the ink to the tip of the pen! Ingenious! :biglaugh:

Julie

Whoopsie Daisy!
12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
If you don't have alcohol inks and you have reinkers, you can get the polished stone look with them for your cards. Just take a cotton ball with some rubbing alcohol and a couple of reinkers.

Diaper wipe stripes is another fun thing to do with reinkers.

Ornaments... rinse out the inside of your ornament and drop 7-10 drops, depending on the size of your ornaments. Coat the inside and after it dries, add glitter (Dazzling Diamonds is really pretty) and shake, shake, shake, it up so that the glitter spreads and clings.

Really pretty is embossing on white cardstock with versamark and clear EP. Take a paintbrush and wet down the cardstock with the embossed image. Then take the paintbrush and pick up a drop of reinker and brush it onto the cardstock. The water on the cardstock will dilute the ink from the paintbrush and spread out. You can help it along. Dry with heat gun.

And you can add drops from your reinker into a bottle cap and with the right combination of the reinker and a wet brush (aquabrush), you can make watercolors!

Just a few more suggestions to get the most out of your new reinker!
:cute: Jane

scrappinnuts
12-05-2006, 11:06 PM
What r reinkers..and the description of the glittery bulbs...sounds beautiful..but need a visual...I would love to try this...

jdpisces
12-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Re-Inkers are little bottles of ink that you can use to moisten your ink pad when it starts to dry out. :D

Julie

scrappinnuts
12-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh ...I understand now...I need to order some of those..thank you for the info.

Deborah
12-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Jane, I'd love to see a sample of the embossing on white cardstck technique...do you have a link to one by any chance??

tia
Deborah.

Swanie78
12-28-2006, 02:33 PM
What fun ideas Jane! Id love to try all of them. Ill have to remember this thread when I get home :)

bwillow
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Thats awesome info regarding the re-inkers, I have several different colors and will have to give a few of those a try. Thanks for sharing.

stampcrazyjulie
12-30-2006, 10:11 PM
WOW! I am going to have to copy all of this info out so that I don't forget! Thanks for the tips! :)

ayah
12-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks for this tip. I just love all the creative ideas and re-uses for our everyday craft supplies.

dgbearsmom
12-31-2006, 11:58 AM
You can make a marker with the ink out of SU! (or any brand, I suppose)blender pens?

I won a reinker at my demo's Holiday Open house and she told me you can do it by just adding the ink to the tip of the pen! Ingenious! :biglaugh:

Julie

I often use my blender pens to color this way, but instead of using the ink from the re-inker, I touch the tip of the blender pen to an ink pad. It works great. Just make sure you get all of one color off before you touch another color with the pen. One of my yellow inks has a little red dot in the middle of it because I didn't do that.

Judy

juliej
01-01-2007, 03:14 PM
there are soo many awesome things you can do with reinkers. I love the christmas bulbs I am going to try this next christmas

minimartha
01-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Judy- What a great idea- my blender pens dried out, so I was going to pitch them. I'll have to try your tip. Christina

Dibby
01-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Hello Ladies,

Did know that if you u squeeze your stampin up ink pad together when it is closed you will get some ink in the lid and then you don't have to put your blender pens straight onto ink pad its self, instead you can just use what is in the lid.

Another great idea is to use you blender pens with the stampin up pastels these are also great.