PDA

View Full Version : I made the commitment...

MnMommy2
03-16-2008, 07:32 PM
I have been a member at the gym since Fall of 2006, but I haven't gone consistent at all. Today, dh and I went and got Family membership, cause he needs to go too and I got a trainer for 6 weeks. My first session is tomorrow!~ :shock:

MY BMI is 38.8 and my ideal weight is 145, so I went with the gusto and shot for 85 pounds to be my goal weight to lose. So after tomorrow when I get my official- weigh in, I'll have to make a little ticker to put in my signature. If ya don't hear from me, you know I am working my butt off at the gym and am wiped out!

I also picked up a job application because they are needing front desk help Fri-Sun working the 4pm-11pm shift. Hopefully they like me and I get the job, because we could really use the extra money.
Wish me luck! It will be hard for me to cut out the bad foods and count my calories, but I need to do it for my health!

cindi
03-16-2008, 07:45 PM
you've made a commitment to health, thats great!
good luck with the job, be sure to let us know if you get it!
:)

kimmyqtgirl
03-16-2008, 11:59 PM
good for you! I am sure you will do awesome!

logcabincreations
03-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Wishing you all the best to achieve your goal!!

iloveflipflops
03-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Good for you! A personal trainer? WOW, maybe that's what i need!!

loobylou
03-17-2008, 07:39 AM
You can do it, Renee, especially if dh is on the same health kick, you'll be able to offer each other support.
Good luck with the job application

Christie
03-17-2008, 10:07 AM
The trainer will help to get off to a good start!! Hope that if it's a guy it's a cute one! Makes it easier to get beat up by him that way!!! Good luck with the job application too.

moon_beam23
03-17-2008, 11:20 AM
That's great Renée! I also joined the gym in January and have been a little lax in going. But with two weddings coming up in the next 3 months I need to get my butt in gear! Good luck with the weight loss!

threefriends91
03-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow thats great and with both of you setting this goal will really help each other..and good luck on the new job..let use know if you get it..oh l Pray you do.

MnMommy2
03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
well, i am back and still alive!!!

It was a 45 minute workout and I think i did good, I sure sweat a lot though.
I am actually 10 pounds lighter than I said I was yesterday. I guess my scale is way off! That's 10 less pounds I have to lose!

Oh and I have an interview tomorrow too, the manager said for me to let her know when I get to the gym and I can decide when to do the interview before/after if time permits. Preferably before so I am not all sweaty afterwards!

MnMommy2
03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
The trainer will help to get off to a good start!! Hope that if it's a guy it's a cute one! Makes it easier to get beat up by him that way!!! Good luck with the job application too.

:cool: He's ok, he is laid back and not snooty/uptight like I have seen some of the other trainers at the gym.

irishchristine
03-17-2008, 01:08 PM
I use a personal trainer once a week. He really shows me what to do for my problem areas. I hope you get the desk job that will make it easier to workout since you are already there.

I know I had a great workout if it is hard to sit the next day! LOL

Good Luck and Good health!!