PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on a Shoebox swap?

Fief14
03-25-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm having th hardest time thinking up an idea for the shoebox swap for the Shackapalooza Meet. Any ideas?

I guess, with everything I have going on right now, I am looking for something easy that I can just "whip" up. I'd hate to be the only one who doesn't do it, but hate to say it, but that where I'm leaning...

Patty
03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm not going to do it either. It's all I can do to come home from work and check my messages. I thought about it, but it's too stressful to pull it together. I'm looking forward to just sitting, stamping, talking--and of course, eating. I don't want this to be soooo complicated:confused: and intense that we never do it again. Hope that doesn't sound too terrible, but that's honestly how I feel.

Spartymom
03-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Don't feel like you have to do it. You don't. But if you really want to, a simple idea would be a tag. i don't know. Its just going to be fun to get together..

Robinkay
03-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Jennifer...You don't have to HAVE a project for the "Shoebox Swap". It is a weekend to just have fun with all the Shack Sistas! ;+) BTW I wanna see what your house looks like NOW!!! ;+) I've been checking your blog everyday!

scraphappy908
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I haven't come up with a shoebox swap either so don't feel you have to do something. If I do one, it will probably be something very quick and easy. The most important thing about this trip is that you have a good time and are able to relax a bit too!
I've also been checking your blog to get a looksee at your house.

tesschap
03-26-2008, 07:18 AM
If you do a shoebox swap I'd look at some of the cards or projects you've done and find one that was fairly easy and do that. Maybe change up the colors or patterned paper to make it spring and summer like or come up with a 'we've moved' type card that you can use yourself and have a few other sentiments in case others don't want that type of card. Have fun.

mydogstinks2
03-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Don't worry about it!! I don't want anyone to stress over this! The shoe box projects do NOT have to be anything huge or fantabulious (new word!)

Just a simple card or even book mark, anything!! Even nothing is OK too! LOL

spredbirds
04-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Don't worry about it!! I don't want anyone to stress over this! The shoe box projects do NOT have to be anything huge or fantabulious (new word!)

Just a simple card or even book mark, anything!! Even nothing is OK too! LOL

YES ... please no stress over this .... it's just for FUN!!! If you don't bring a shoebox project to do you can still participate and do the other people's project if you want.

The idea of the weekend is to have stuff for people to do if they so choose ... if you choose to gab all weekend to that will be fun as well!!

directmailscrapper
04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Ladies, I already have 2 shoebox projects to share -- and knowing me -- I'll have at least one more before long. So don't sweat it if you don't get a chance (or are uninspired). Overdoing it is what I do best!

JBgreendawn
04-02-2008, 06:10 PM
you know what you could do?

( when i go to things where online buddies will be) i actually take altered rolodex cards with my info on them.
so the fronts are altered and the backs have like personal info and snail mail on them.

just a thought?

ccstampin12
04-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm going to butt in here....I'm not going to Shackapalooza, but I did a shoebox swap for stamp club a while back. It was to make bookmarks....easy peasy. I provided the inks, stamps, fibers, hole punch and of course, the precut paper. I had made little charms with shrink plastic to match up with the one eyeglass stamp I had included to use. I think these took the longest, and weren't necessary...I had even put jump rings in the charms, but, again, I digress.
Just a suggestion!
Have fun!
Joanie

maxiesmom
04-06-2008, 09:42 AM
I somehow missed this post a week ago as I have also been totally undecided on what to do. I do have some ideas for mine, but for someone that wants a quick project, I agree a bookmark is way cool and easy! The one time we did them at a workshop I loved doing it! My nonstamping SIL even enjoyed it and loved using hers.
I could even share the style we used, I have all the stuff if you'd want to copy it. I still have the bookmark too!

Fief14
04-06-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm thinking of making kits to create a Dahlia or Daliah card (however you spell it). Now I just have to think of how to incorporate some sort of stamping...maybe with the sentiment??

kimmyqtgirl
04-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Kathy why don't you do your bookmark? I would love to see them!

Jennifer, I think a sentiment is fine! Can't wait to try those. I am torn between two things, I will have to see which I like better.
I am so excited for shackapalooza

maxiesmom
04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Jennifer, I think the dahlia card idea would be awesome! I loved seeing Beth's at our last meet up and keep meaning to try this- the story of my stamping life!

Kimmy, I do have an idea that seems to be the front runner, just have to play with it to see how it comes out. Nothing too hard, it just involves getting out the Bug and the Nesties!
I threw the bookmark idea out there for someone needing an idea, but I may bring it and the stuff anyway since it's so easy and cute!

workin4stamps
04-06-2008, 12:00 PM
As busy as I have been, I haven't had any time to think about my shoebox project. I wouldn't stress over it at ALL if you don't bring one!! Personally, I wouldn't think a thing of it if you came with nothing at all!!! I totally understand!

kimmyqtgirl
04-06-2008, 12:07 PM
OHHH I can't wait to see everyone's! How fun! Can't wait to meet everyone too! Kathy are you making brownies for us? ha ha just teasing, but they were darn good. I think I am going to bring some goodies for us too. It's a surprise though! :)

maxiesmom
04-06-2008, 12:27 PM
We do need to talk about food again soon. I have been wondering about breakfast type things, bringing maybe some muffins and or bagels, make a Sam's or Costco run before heading down. I personally need some sort of food in the morning, Kathy cannot live on stamping alone! I don't mind being in charge of bringing that stuff.

mydogstinks2
04-06-2008, 01:39 PM
FYI: Ya'll are gonna be in trouble with me if you are even stressing over this! It really is no big deal if you don't have one.

It is just a fun way to share new ideas and how to mabye try something new.

Trust me my project is SUPER SIMPLE!!! It will take like a full minute, mabye two to do! Nothing hard or masterful! LOL