PDA

View Full Version : l have good news and bad news Please Pray

threefriends91
03-31-2008, 10:58 AM
First l'll give you the bad news as l'm so upset and deepley hurt..Please pray for my daughter she was attacked last night by some drunk guy..as a rule she never goes out at night because she lives downtown in Toronto..she had to go out and get some cat food just up the street from her..This was at 9pm.anyway he beat her up pretty good and stole her purse..which she had all her money to live on for April in it..
l wanted to call the police and take her to the hosp. but she wouldn't let me..she said the guy knows where she lives and to call the police he said he would come back..she just could not stop crying..and made me promise l would not call the police..she had so much fear..
And she would not let me take her to the hosp. after talking with her for 4 hours she just asked me to please go home mom l'll be okay..l didn't want to leave her but l know her and she just wanted to be alone..she seemed more worried about her money then her health..l told her not to worry about the money that l could help her out some..
l couldn't sleep last night all l could do was pray..and l didn't want to tell you about this because its so hard to talk about and l don't know if l did the right thing by doing what she wanted..
l'm sorry l'm going on but my heart is hurtting so much..l have been trying to give my head a rest l went into the gallery to look at the cards and even posted her birthday card to me in the gallery with a couple of cards l made yesterday..l'm just waiting for her to call me so l can go back over and give her a big hug...
l am going to show her, her card in the gallery so see can see how proud l am of her..
Please Please pray for her and for my tears to stop so l can be strong for her.if you read this then leave a message in the gallery please don't talk about the attack this l know would upset her..l'm going to try and see if she will let me take her to the hosp. or call the police.

IMBlessed5
03-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Wow, I can't even imagine how either one of you are feeling! But I do know how heart-wrenching it is to see our children hurting. Especially when you feel like you're backed in to a corner and can't get out. It's very scary knowing he knows where she lives! Did she get her credit/debit cards, checking account, everything like that stopped? Since the guy took her purse.

Will pray for both of you!!!

moon_beam23
03-31-2008, 11:10 AM
That is so horrible! I feel for your daughter and you. I hope that it all works out and she does go to the police, and the guy is charged!

Far North
03-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh no that is aweful! Here our suicide hotline has lots of information to share about where it is safe to get help in such a situation....I hope she is able to get what she needs.

threefriends91
03-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Wow, I can't even imagine how either one of you are feeling! But I do know how heart-wrenching it is to see our children hurting. Especially when you feel like you're backed in to a corner and can't get out. It's very scary knowing he knows where she lives! Did she get her credit/debit cards, checking account, everything like that stopped? Since the guy took her purse.

Will pray for both of you!!!
Oh my l didn't even think about these.. l guess we will have to do this today..l wish l could stop crying..thanks for the help my head is not together right now.

frankiesue
03-31-2008, 11:19 AM
my heart goes out to you from one mum to another.

will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers

GrammaStamper
03-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Cathy, how horrible for your daughter and you. Sending prayers and hugs to you both.

hbpuppy
03-31-2008, 11:24 AM
OMG. That's horrible. It sounds like she's pretty traumatized. When people are feeling that way it's really important how you phrase your words. Like, say, " I would feel better if you talked to the police about what happened to you." Instead of things like, " you need to . . . " or "you have to . . ." If she doesn't want to go to the hospital, maybe she would feel more comfortable going to her regular doctor. Ask her if it's okay for you to set up the appointment. Then, when you make the appointment, you can tell them it's an emergency so that she gets in right away.

cindi
03-31-2008, 11:30 AM
this is horrible!! your poor DD, I feel so bad!! I can't even imagine how bad you must feel. How dare some thug beat up your DD!! I will certainly keep you both in my prayers, this is just shocking
:sorry:

Sherry
03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Cathy, what a horrific experience for your daughter. I'm so glad that she's okay. You are both in my prayers.

mydogstinks2
03-31-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm so sorry that this happened! I will be thinking of both of you. Yes get that bank stuff taken care of right away. I think you should call the police thye need to know it happened plus you may need a police report if anything gets charged on her credit cards.

Nancy
03-31-2008, 11:58 AM
thankfully he didnt rape her, but I still would have called the police regardless of her feelings, they know how to work around this. I do feel sorry for both of you, but without calling the police - he can do it to someone else in the same place. He needs to be stopped.- Nancy

shuggy
03-31-2008, 12:06 PM
i'm so sorry to hear this. i hope you are both doing ok.

toao
03-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Oh my goodness. What a terrible thing to have happen. Prayers for both of you today.

Mary

stampinmom3
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
We'll be praying for you all. I'm so sorry that this has happened to your daughter.

ellie
03-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Cathy,
I am so sorry to hear about this. What a nightmare for both of you. I will be praying.

dreis1
03-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Prayers and hugs for both of you. Glinda

jazzypurple853
03-31-2008, 03:32 PM
prayers for both of you.

scrapsoon
03-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Ohh my god what a terrible thing it this.
My thought are for you and your daughter.
How bad this is and i do hope she will be okay.
I hope you have blocked all credit-cards and bankcards etc.
Did she had a mobile in it too??
If he know where she lives i would change my keything in the door also.
I do hope she finally wants to call the police for it.
Take good care and a really big hug.

hutchink
03-31-2008, 04:07 PM
OH my stars- I am so sorry this happened! I hope she is ok and gets the attention that she needs!

iloveflipflops
03-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Oh I am so sorry this has happened to her. I hope she's ok.

ccstampin12
03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Oh, boy!
This is a tough one. I certainly hope she will decide she needs to get medical attention and report this attack. Another person might not get off so "easily", and could die of her injuries or be raped along with everything else. Police need to be on the lookout for this person...Just my opinion.
My positive thoughts and prayers are heading your way.
HUGS to you both~
Joanie

JBgreendawn
03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
I hope you have convinced her to go the dr. just to be safe.

if he got the keys to her home maybe call a locksmith and have the locks changed???

{{{ HUGS }}}

loobylou
03-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Cathy, I'm saying prayers for both of you. What a terrible thing to happen

HeatherJ
03-31-2008, 07:51 PM
How awful! My prayers are with you and your daughter.

lakeslady
03-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Oh my dear Cathy. I have only just seen this message and my heart goes out to you and your daughter. It is a terrible thing to have happened, but I suspect you are also relieved as it could have been so much worse.
I do hope she feels better both physically an emotionally, very soon.
Big hugs for you my dear (((((((((((((((((cathy)))))))))))))))))))))))

logcabincreations
03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Cathy... (1) Take pictures (photographs) of her injuries right away. Do it again over the next few days as bruises appear and start to heal. (2) Call the police regardless that your daughter says not too. (3) Pick her up and take her to the doctor. (4) Bring her to your house for awhile. (5) find out if she had credit cards and her social security # in her wallet (do you have social security #'s in Canada?) (6) yes he knows where she lives because he has her wallet which probably has her address on her driver's license or something else.

I work for an attorney and have worked for the court system. This guy should not be on the loose. I know she's scared, but she must report this crime. He'll just keep committing crimes otherwise.

Keeping you all in my prayers.

scrappyyankee
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh Cathy, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your daughter. I hope you can convince her to go see the doctor at least. I'm sending prayers and thoughts to you both.

Mickey