PDA

View Full Version : How do I store Stazon pads??

suzi_f
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I just got some new Stazon pads. Do they go upside down? After I bought them, I put them upside down in my closet. I went to use them yesterday and they are VERY WET!!! Too wet to use in my opinion. Should I store them right side up or upside down? Or should I store them right side up for now & then, as they get older, turn them upside down??

And what about the Opaque inks? I bought a white & inked it up yesterday. How should I store it? And why doesn't it work on light colored paper?? I thought it would & am more than a little disappointed that it didn't. :(

iloveflipflops
04-06-2008, 12:21 PM
All I know is you are not supposed to throw away the plastic insert inside. I did and didn't know to keep them. I do store all my ink pads upside down.

Far North
04-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Stazon should be stored ink side up. Those crazy plastic liners are to be kept like Sherri said but I have attached them to the inside of the lids with a large glue dots so I don't have to fumble with them. Here is how I attach the liner- Remove lid from pad, place glue dot on inside center, close lid on top of plastic liner-bingo it is attached and lined up perfectly!

frankiesue
04-06-2008, 12:36 PM
thanks for asking that question Suzi, I had always wondered that...

and thanks for the tip Far North off to find my sticky dots know....

sue

JBgreendawn
04-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I store dye pads ( hard pads down)
and pigment, solvent, chalk inks up.

hth,

suzi_f
04-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I did save my liner. Except for one brilliance pad that didn't SAY to save the liner. I hope that pad will not be dry!

So, I'm ok storing them rightside up! Good. They were to gooey to use!

mahodgman
04-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I threw out the plastic line on my first Staz On pad too, and I ended up having to buy another pad. I love the glue dot idea, Jan, thanks! I hate fumbling with those things. I love this place.....we have the most talented, ingenious people around here, it is a pleasure to hang out with you all.

iloveflipflops
04-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Gosh, am I not supposed to be storing ALL my ink pads upside down? Geez, I have been doing it wrong all these years.

JBgreendawn
04-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I love the glue dot idea too Jan,

Sherri, I think it partially depends on the humidity where you live and how often you re-ink the pads...

some of my really old chalk inks the stampa rosa fresco ones, I'm starting to leave upside down and i am re-inking them each time i use them now... maybe over time the chalk does something funny to them. the reinker bottles are completely separated and take a lot of shaking to mix and reuse.?

iloveflipflops
04-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Re-ink my ink pads? I have only had to re-ink my SU pads. Never any others. I have had them for YEARS but I don't use them as much as I do my SU pads either.

Far North
04-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Personnally I think the companies are putting less ink on the pads...to force us into buying re-inkers. Like Sherry my old pads I have used for Years...and now the new ones need inking before one year is out!

suzi_f
04-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Ok, explain the whole Opaque pad thing; why is it the way it is?? Why sell it empty w/a reinker? According to the packaging, I don't have to empty out the pad and reink every time. So what is the point? Just away to charge $2 more for the pad?? Is there a white Stazon pad available??

JBgreendawn
04-06-2008, 03:51 PM
the white stazon pad comes with a re-inker bottle too...
I dont have any called opaque if i remember right?

but isnt that a kind of stazon?

Far North
04-06-2008, 04:10 PM
There are about 6 colors of StazOn that are called opaque...including cotton white- they are all packaged with the reinker...the following is from the Blockhead Stamp site which includes a little description on each of the inks they sell.
"StazOn Opaque ink is different than the other colors. It dries quickly on non-pourous surfaces like StazOn and it is permanent with heat setting, but it is thicker, more like paint. It comes with an uninked pad and ink refill. It takes about 1/3 of the refill bottle to initially ink the pad." Additionally I was told to expect to need to reink these pads most every time you use them.

JBgreendawn
04-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I know i have a white stazon that came with the re-inker and i think i was told the same thing, use the reinker every time you play?

the glue pad one that comes with a reinker is the same way, pad comes in dry. ( not that it works real great) but, it makes you wonder if its saving you any money to get them bundled in one package or if it makes it cost more because, they have to make a package to hold the pad and the bottle together on the shelf.
dunno,
Do know I'm not too impressed with the pad ( the white one or the glue one) so i dont use them much.

Far North
04-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes, I have been reinking mine (just a little more each time). I do like the opaque when I am stamping on acrylics, transparences, and metal but silly me I keep trying it on porous materials NO that does not work! But I really think I can substitute the Ranger acrylic dabblers in most instances--just a tad more fiddling of getting the paint even on the stamp.