PDA

View Full Version : Argh!! Have I ruined my circle punch??

suzi_f
04-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I FINALLY came up w/an idea I liked for my waterfall ATCs. I'm punching circles from transparencies (can someone come up w/a abbreviation for that word: it's too long & I NEVER feel like I'm spelling it right). I got almost all of them done & then the punch started jamming. It's still cutting thru paper w/o a problem. Are TRPs (my new abbreviation for it) too thick to cut? I tried cutting thru foil & then it cut one good circle from TRP and then nothing. Tried the foil again & then got another bad cut from the TRP. Any suggestions? Do I need to go off the no buy NOW & get some circle nestabilities???

mahodgman
04-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Hmmm, I've never tried to punch TRPs (like it) but the other thing that sometimes works on punches is to punch through waxed paper. I think it is supposed to lubricate it or something. Give it a try and report back.

suzi_f
04-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Ok, WHERE on earth did I put my wax paper? Haven't used it since I discovered parchment paper. Hmmm, where to even look.

suzi_f
04-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Wax paper didn't help. In fact, both the foil & the wax paper got stuck & would not cut in the bottom right hand corner of the punch. Still punches paper (a tiny, tiny, tiny bit raggedy on the bottom right). I guess I can't punch TRPs w/punches. Dang it. Was a freaking CUTE! ATC!!!

ccstampin12
04-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Ok...not a lot of help here. Looked for a website on the package of my unused, but "much-needed" product.
Here's what's in the package:
EZ Tool Cleaner
Cutter Glide Tool Treatment
It also mentions Inspired Crafts.
Sorry I'm not more help.
Maybe the waxed paper has been found and all is well by now!
Hoping so!
Joanie

Abi
04-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Here is a link to the cutter glide product. I've never used it so don't know how well it works.
http://www.ucutathome.com/shop/index.php/action/item/id/2977/prevaction/category/previd/34/prevstart/0/

suzi_f
04-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Hmmmmm, interesting. Maybe when I finally break down & buy the Nestabilities, I'll have to order that too.

ccstampin12
04-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Do you have the tool and templates that cut shapes....why can't I remember that name?????? (aging isn't for sissies)LOL
COLUZZLE!!!!
That might work...you might have to get a new blade tool afterwards though!
I hope your circle punch will self-heal!!!
Joanie

ccstampin12
04-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Gail posted the same product I have!
Maybe this will work now that you know how to buy some!
Joanie

suzi_f
04-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Well, since it's still working on paper, I'm just gonna use it for that, for NOW. I thought about my colluzle and may still play with that. But, I HATE the colluzle. I pretty much suck on using it too!