PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about "Kitty"

Erin K
12-07-2006, 05:25 PM
So that cat is still living in the backyard. It won't let us catch it yet, but we are having a hard freeze tonight! I don't want the cat to freeze! I have blankets in a box out there but... Should I just catch it fast and shove it in the house and see what happens? What if it has fleas? Maybe catch it and shove it in the garage? I'm so worried... I dont' even know if I can catch it, I've only even touched it once. I wish it had made friends and come inside by now!

Christie
12-07-2006, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't bring it in the house. You don't know how it will act around your children. It would be nice if you could get it in the garage. Other than that I wouldn't worry about it. If you can't catch it at least you have some blankets it can cuddle in to!! You did your best!!

teabear
12-07-2006, 05:46 PM
See if you can get it in the garage. We did that with a stray dog last year in the cold. We made it a bed in the garage and turned on a space heater out there. It worked out ok, until we got it to it's owner the next day.

Erin K
12-07-2006, 06:48 PM
I can't catch it, so this is the set up

There is a covered patio, it's sorta shaded from wind too. Then there is a big diaper box with flannel sheets inside, I put one of those big fleece type blankets over it and sorta over the opening so it's like a fleece cave. I hope that's enough!

I need to catch it anyhow, I'm terrified it's going to be a girl and get pregnant in my backyard and I'm going to have a pile of cats on my hands. Even if it doesn't want to move in I need to catch it and get it "fixed" and get shots done. :wub:

Dibby
12-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Have you tryed putting some cat food and meat scraps out on your porch as well? the food might attract a cat if it is hungry.

suzi_f
12-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Poor Kitty. Do what you can! You know how I feel about stray kitties. (Jack is sleeping in his bed as I type. It's supposed to get down to 8 tonite!! Glad he's indoors now!) Kitties are usually better able to deal w/the cold and she knows where "warm" is. Update us tomorrow & let us know if she's ok.

Erin K
12-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't think she slept in the box I made, but she was fine this morning when Stephen and I went out to feed her.

It was so cold Stephen wouldn't actually go on he patio, he directed me from just inside the doorway!

My3Ds
12-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Smart kid!!!!! Hope it's warmer there -- it's super cold here.