PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Inkyhands
12-07-2006, 06:40 PM
I asked my boys if they wanted x-mas cards for everyone in their class or just a few for special people. They both said for their whole class.....so I was going to buy...yes buy some from work that are very cute but inexspensive. Well Robert asked if I could just make some. Well I don't know if I want to make 60 x-mas cards for kids who won't appreciate them and toss them.
BUT I can make 60 in no time at all and have enough stuff...so what do you think? I know it would be for the boys not really the friends.

Erin K
12-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Well me, I'm so mushy, but I think that I'd make them just because Robert obviously is proud of your talents and wants to have them... That would be enough for me!

:)

midnitecreations
12-07-2006, 07:07 PM
you are. Except my DH asked for his whole office. I'm grumbling under my breath, but making them all. And to be honest, under my grumbling, I'm kind of flattered that my DH thinks mine would be better than the store bought kind. renu

keltie
12-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Would your boys have any interest in helping you make the cards. They might enjoy telling friends as they pass them out about making them.
Heather

lost luggage
12-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Would your boys have any interest in helping you make the cards. They might enjoy telling friends as they pass them out about making them.
Heather

That's what I was thinking too...how about folding cardstock and using a simple stamped image. They can help color it! Glitter it or something...

stampcrazyjulie
12-07-2006, 11:49 PM
That's a tough one! Obviously your Boys think your cards are the best, so if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would say go ahead & make them. You always do such great work, and I too would hate to see them not be appreciated & tossed or something.... Maybe you could have your Boys help you & make them cute but simple, that way you get the best of both worlds...that is unless it ends up costing more time & money then you want to spend...

Don't forget to post them in the gallery for us to see! Good Luck! :)

Firecracker
12-08-2006, 01:41 AM
Hi April,

I probably would make them. I would just do something simple and fast. I make homemade Valentines for two of my friends' kids. I make about 80 for them. Hugs, Heather

My3Ds
12-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Could you save time/money by making the cards like postcards? Or, maybe tell Robert that you can make cards for his teachers/principal and one or two close friends and the rest store bought?