PDA

View Full Version : As you may know.......

ccstampin12
04-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I've been going to Curves since the end of September, and about 2 weeks later, I started eating a low carb diet instead of Weight Watchers.
I've been able to lose around 17# so far.
Not bad for someone who spent 5 years on a WW plateau!
Today, I trained with the new computer program system at Curves. Wow! I thought I was working out before, but, guess I was just playing at it! I actually took a couple of Tylenol a few minutes ago!!! LOL:twitcy:
I am so excited with this system. I think I will be able to lose the rest of the ### I want to!
I will never be a "stick" and I don't care. I wanted to lose a pants size and some weight when I joined, and I have done both...actually, I've lost 2 pants sizes!
So, I'm hoping to knock off about 10 more # and then just maintain.
Wish me luck!!!!:v_SPIN:
Joanie

iloveflipflops
04-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Does this mean you've lost 17 lbs since I saw you at MOA? WOW, that is awesome!!! Why can't I lost 17 lbs? Hmmm, could it be because I am not trying? LOL

Spartymom
04-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Joanie, a new computer program system at Curves? What is that? I don't think we have one at our curves! That's great that the program and your diet is working for you. I really do think Curves is a great thing.

ccstampin12
04-16-2008, 02:31 PM
I'd say you should ask about it....I think it's called "SMART" something. Maybe they haven't checked it out...it's all about the management, I assume!
Joanie

shuggy
04-16-2008, 02:46 PM
that is awesome!! you go, girl!

Christie
04-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Congrats! I know how hard it is to lose weight. I'm glad that you are succeeding!!

MidwestStamper
04-16-2008, 03:20 PM
We have that SMART system at our Curves too, but I haven't checked it out. Each machine is now connected to the computer system and if you're paying for this system you receive a little thing to wear around your wrist with a bar code to scan when you start. Then each machine has this little device on it to show if you're working up to the level that's expected of you (you try to stay in the green zone). It looks very challenging!

logcabincreations
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
That's wonderful Joanie. Today I think (no...I know) I ate wayyyyyy too much sugar: sugar in my coffee, I had a banana, I had a salad with Raspberry vineagrette dressing and a yogurt (while low fat, not sugar free.) Hmmmmm.....could sugar be the culprit to my not losing weight? Probably so. Plus it sounds like I need to join Curves.

MnMommy2
04-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Good for you! Woohoo!
I am slowly losing weight just by counting my calories (1300 a day) and working out 5 times a week. I need to just cut my sugar out 100% and I know that the weight will come off faster. I have stopped drinking Soda though.

cecescraps
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Go Girl! How super fantastic!! Keep up the GREAT work and good luck on reaching your goal weight soon!

threefriends91
04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow Joanie this is so Exicting, l know how hard it is to lose weight..and it sounds like your in the right place..you sould be proud two pant sizes is a big deal...you go girl..Congratulations..

directmailscrapper
04-16-2008, 05:58 PM
You are an inspiration! When I finish this Oreo I'm eating, I'm going to read your post again! Great job!

ccstampin12
04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
You are an inspiration! When I finish this Oreo I'm eating, I'm going to read your post again! Great job!

I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering! You are a HOOT!
HUGS
Joanie:laugh:

teabear
04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
That's excellent news Joanie. We are not getting the smart thing at our curves. It sounds like a great incentive.

iloveflipflops
04-16-2008, 07:09 PM

Nancy - you are soooooooooooooooooooo funny!!

Now I am laughing too!!!!

ccstampin12
04-16-2008, 07:09 PM
That's excellent news Joanie. We are not getting the smart thing at our curves. It sounds like a great incentive.
I wonder how they decide which Curves will have that Smart system.
I'll try to find out on Friday!
Joanie:policeman:

pesc
04-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Congratulations and I don,t think you need any luck to lose anymore weight since you are doing everything you can to make your luck happen! I'm really happy for you! Since I'm now on the way to gain weight... Maybe I a can save your post and read it in what 10 months from now?! LOL

Swanie78
04-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Wow...thats awesome Joanie!
Good for you :)

Spartymom
04-17-2008, 10:06 AM
I just talked to my Curves, and we are going to get that Smart system in June! It's going to cost me $5.00 more a month, but Fiona (yes, she's an english lady) said it's worth it. She asked how I heard about the system and I told her all about the Shack!

ccstampin12
04-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I am happy to know that some Curves will still get this system. I say, if yours says it isn't getting it, and you are a member, you might want to request that they look into it. It's probably a lot of expense for them at first, and everyone has to learn how to handle everything, but I'm feeling it will be so worth it!
Joanie