PDA

View Full Version : Clear/Transparent Stamp Storage...

Jovi
04-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I recently ordered the new Penny Black Transparent (clear) stamps and I have no idea what to store them in and still keep the transparent image sheet. The image sheet is too large to fit in a jewel case!

The only other clear stamps I have are from CTMH and they come in the 6.5 x 6.5 sleeves, I was thinking of using those... does CTMH sell the sleeves separate?

I have to be organized and I hate having them sitting out... so if you could please share your clear stamp storage ideas with me I would be really thankful ;)

Christie
04-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I store mine in the SU boxes that your SU stamps come in. This way I know have all my clear stamps toegther. I also have a stamping index and I stamp my clear stamps in a different color then my wood mounted stamps so that I know which are which and where to look.

iloveflipflops
04-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I store mine in this box I got at ACMoore. Its made by My Sentiments Exactly I think. Works for me. It has a lid but I never have it on. And it came with dividers but I am always just throwing back in after I finish using them ...

CharityHand
04-16-2008, 04:54 PM
CTMH does sell them. They're called paper/stamp organizers and they come in two different sizes (12x12 and 6x6). They come in packs of three. I have purchased them to store my non ctmh stamps in, but quickly realized that I would have to spend a lot of $$ on these babies in order to get my collection in order. Hobby lobby carries little organizers that cost half as much (even cheaper if you have a coupon or if you wait for them to go on sale) and are a little larger. I've started buying those and they work beautifully... especially on those sets that are sized larger than 6x6.

directmailscrapper
04-16-2008, 06:00 PM
You mean just throwing them in a drawer where you will never see them or use them again isn't organized? No wonder I wasn't as fond of those clear stamps as I had been! I love your idea Sherri -- your basic "drawer" idea -- but neater...

Jovi
04-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks ladies for the great ideas... ;)

Christie when I remounted my SU sets I gave away most of the containers, I kept a few to store odds and ends in. I wouldn't have enough to keep any future clear stamp purchases in... thanks for the suggestion!

Sherri thanks for sharing your storage picture, your clear stamps look very easily accessible.

Charity I love the little storage boxes that CTMH has to store the stamp sleeves in... I'll check into those at my next club night. I may go that route just for my clear stamps since I already have my unmounted rubber in jewel cases, it wouldn't be a huge expense to pick up some sleeves here and there when I purchase more clear sets.

Thanks again ladies for the wonderful ideas. ;)

JBgreendawn
04-17-2008, 05:45 PM
I have all of mine regardless of mfg inside tins (so no light gets in) yes, i used to have them all in ctmh plastic envelopes but, i ended up moving them all to some ki memories ( really funky ugly) tins i found at the big lots store for a dollar.

I'm not having good luck with keeping mine from turning yellow and non sticky hard so... supposedly this is supposed to be "the thing" i also do not have any of them stuck to the original packing index sheets either ( supposedly those plastic sheets could also be the culprit leaking gasses and fumes onto the stamps all the time)
like when you see them yellow in the store in a room with no windows?

don't know, but that's what i have done so i cut up the index sheets and ran them through an xyron machine and stuck the indexes to the out sides of the tins...
hth,

Jovi
04-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm not having good luck with keeping mine from turning yellow and non sticky hard so... supposedly this is supposed to be "the thing" i also do not have any of them stuck to the original packing index sheets either ( supposedly those plastic sheets could also be the culprit leaking gasses and fumes onto the stamps all the time)

don't know, but that's what i have done so i cut up the index sheets and ran them through an xyron machine and stuck the indexes to the out sides of the tins...
hth,

I also read something about the index sheet being the culprit. I was also reading a thread at SCS that not only sunlight but lights in your stamping room can turn your stamps yellow... I don't know how true that is because I haven't had any problems with my CTMH acrylics turning yellow or sticky (knocking on wood). I just hope my Penny Black clear don't turn yucky.

I like your idea of cutting the index sheets... makes them still usable! ;)

Mere Deaux
04-17-2008, 11:57 PM
I use CD cases to store my clear and un mounted stamps. I do sometimes have to cut the clear transparent sheet in half or so that it will fit the front and back of the CD case. I used double sided tape to ahere them to the CD case. I like to keep track of the company that the stamps come from so I usually put it on the spine of the CD case with the name of the stamps. Works great for me.