PDA

View Full Version : A Surprise--for the new Mystery Challenges!

Far North
04-18-2008, 11:10 AM
The Creative Team is very excited to announce the beginning of a new twist in our monthly challenges. We have turned to some of the Shack’s previous Featured Artists to be guest artists over the next few months. We are thrilled that each one responded enthusiastically to being a guest artist. The mystery challenges on the third week of each month will be created by our Guest Artists. You will be see the work of:

teabear {Tami}

Grammastamper {Barb}

countrycowgirl {Donna}

IMBlessed {Vickie}

keltie {Heather}
:196:So let us give a round of applause to our team of Guest Artists and a warm welcome to our first Guest Artist, Tami! We hope you will join us in jumping into creating a project for this week’s challenge!

Mystery Challenge #1
Felt

3972Guest artist, Tami shares: I started out sewing when I was in kindergarten and have a love of all things fabric. I can't walk through a fabric store without touching everything. That's why I chose felt for this challenge; it has such wonderful tactile qualities. I hope everyone will enjoy playing with this non paper supply in their papercrafting projects.

The Challenge: use felt in a card/project

3973Cut some felt, stamp on it, die cut it, cut it with scissors to make the base or and embellishment. You can even use pre made felt embellishments, just use felt in some way on your project. I used sparkly felt for both of these projects. It has more heft/weight than plain felt. I bought it at Michaels where the regular felt sheets are sold.

3974For the tag I hand cut the base out of felt. I also stamped on it with white daisy CTMH ink. For the card I cut the felt ribbon with Fiskars pinking shears.

Challenge Dates: April 18 to May 11
When you post your card in the gallery remember to place it in the Creative Team category and please begin your title with MC1. Each member who posts in this manner will be placed into a random drawing for selection as this month's Featured Stamp Artist for the technique challenge. If you have any questions or comments please post them in the Creative Team Forum.

Thanks for playing in this challenge!

Far North
04-18-2008, 11:15 AM
:196:Congratulations to all the Guest Artists!!! Can't wait to see the challenges you big to us over the next months!!

:196:Tami thank you for the the first of the guest mystery challenge! Playing with felt will be lots of fun...I need to do check out my stash!

Many thanks!!!...Jan

logcabincreations
04-18-2008, 11:15 AM
This is a wonderful idea!! Congratulations ladies!!

ccstampin12
04-18-2008, 12:39 PM
YAY! for all of you!
This is wonderful!
Joanie

ccstampin12
04-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh, here's a question.....
I already (recently) added a card to my gallery with felt...can I submit that for this challenge?
Joanie

Artyfarty
04-18-2008, 03:16 PM
:jiggy:Well done ladies.....

IMBlessed5
04-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Cool challenge Tami! :D

JBgreendawn
04-18-2008, 05:26 PM
i have felt... wooohooo...

sizzix big red dies cut it right?
( i think i read that and never got around to testing it...) :)

Far North
04-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I thought I would bump this up since some folks might not have seen it before the shack door was closed on Friday. Can't wait to see what you are creating with felt!

cindi
04-22-2008, 11:20 AM
congrats ladies!!!
felt, huh?? ok, I'll dig some out, lol
:)

lakeslady
04-22-2008, 03:20 PM
What a fabulous idea........guest artists, and I already have a project in mind for Tamis challenge.
Congratulations Tami on being one of the chosen ones.

MidwestStamper
04-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I looked all over for this thread, finally had to do a 'Search' for FELT. I made a card using felt flowers, but was wondering where to post it. I will read the directions, now that I've found them LOL!

Far North
04-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Can't wait to see your card Lidia! I looked at your gallery with the camera icon next to your picture and didn't any of your recent cards with felt. Let us know when you post it!

I just posted 2 gallery pieces that I made with embossed felt that JoAnn's superstore carries with the sheets of felt...wow what great texture. The embossing looks like it is heated similiar to the technique for stamping on velvet. It is fun to work with and is far cheaper than some textured papers...so take a look the next time you are in a craft store.

Click on the camera icon to check out my use of the embossed felt as backgrounds in these projects.

Thanks for looking!...Jan

MidwestStamper
04-23-2008, 08:25 AM
OK, here's my Card for the Mystery Challenge: Felt. I used some stick on felt flowers that I may have bought at Target's Dollar Spot (can't quite remember!).

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=15216

loobylou
04-23-2008, 09:43 AM
I just uploaded an ATC with stamping on felt. (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=15220&limit=recent) This was a fun challenge.
I wanted to try bleaching, but I'm all out of the strong stuff.

scrapsoon
04-23-2008, 12:58 PM
congratulations to everyone:D