PDA

View Full Version : Info on Chinese gift exchange

Robinkay
04-22-2008, 10:01 AM
I always go overboard with things(ex. I went over on the cost of my gift) I wanted to put more in it BUT Chris keeps saying..."It is a max of $5 only" so do as I say and not as I do! :jiggy:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Chinese gift exchange"
Not sure why it's called this but that is what it was called when I first played it at a Christmas party.

Here is how it works:

Bring a new gift wrapped craft item. Value between $1.00 - $5.00. Everyone who plays will then draw a number. #1 goes first. They choose a gift to unwrap but it may not be theirs yet... #2 then gets the choice of unwrapping a new gift or taking #1's gift. IF they take #1's then #1 get to unwrap another one. But then #8 wants #2's gift. They can take it and it is theirs for the rest of the game. Once a gift is taken twice it can no longer be taken. Do you get it??:err:

so...

#1 unwraps a gift
#2 takes it, #1 unwraps another one
#8 wants #2's so she takes it. It's "safe" and is hers. #2 then unwraps something new.

mydogstinks2
04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I have my gift ready and even wrapped!!

Spartymom
04-22-2008, 01:43 PM
My little gift is ready to go to.

spredbirds
04-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I still need to find something .... shouldn't be too hard ... I can shop at "Chelsea's Stamping Store" conveniently located in my basement ... or actually drag myself to LSS or HL or Ms or Js ... ohhhh the decisions!!!

directmailscrapper
04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
CHelsea, LOL! I could spend hours and hours shopping in my HSS (that stands for Home Stamping Store!) and discover all kinds of really cool, unopened, never used GREAT stuff! I found a couple of things -- can't decide which -- so in typical Nancy style -- I'll probably bring BOTH!