PDA

View Full Version : Rough day at my house- cat passed away

GSMom385
04-26-2008, 12:33 AM
We had to put the cat down tonight. When I came home from work she was in bad shape. She was 17 years old and had lived a very good life. My oldest would have carried her up and down the stairs until she passed away on her own, but she was in such pain she couldn't even stand up when I got home tonight. It was totally hard on both DD's. The youngest thinks she just went to visit the vet. She keeps asking when she is coming home which makes the oldest one wail. She has cried so much she burst a blood deal in her eye. It is breaking my heart too, but I just couldn't see her in such pain anymore, I know it was the right thing to do but it still sucks. The other cat keeps wandering the house looking for her, which makes me cry all over again. We went to Moms after the vet to take our minds off of everything, it worked for a bit until I got back home again.

scrappinnuts
04-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Oh Cindy... I am so sorry...animals are our best friends... I hope you will only have good thoughts about her.

mydogstinks2
04-26-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm so sorry!! What a rough day!

threefriends91
04-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Oh Cindy l'm so sorry, my daughter is going through the same thing and we have to take her cat in who is also 17 years and we cry just thinking about it..l know your family will miss her but thank God we can put them down when they are in pain..Hugs to you and l'll pray for your family to find some peace..

loobylou
04-26-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm so sorry Cindy. What a tough decision to make.
((((Hugs)))

Artyfarty
04-26-2008, 02:49 AM
I dread this happening to my cat ben and having been a avid cat lover for many years I know the hurt e1 is feeling. Animals are just so much part of family life and treasured it is sometimes very hard but you did the right thing to end the pain. My heart goes out to you and yours and send hugs for all )))) ((((
Sue xx

iloveflipflops
04-26-2008, 05:33 AM
That is so rough. I am so sorry! Big hugs to all of you!!

GrammaStamper
04-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Such a sad thing to have to do. I'm sorry for your loss.

jazzypurple853
04-26-2008, 07:31 AM
I am so sorry. hugs to all of you.

suzi_f
04-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Cindy I'm so sorry!! Hugs to your girls. Such a painful experience. Wish I could help!

stampinmom3
04-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved kitty. It is so hard to lose a furr baby. My heart goes out to you.

ccstampin12
04-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh, Cindy!
I'm so sorry to hear of this.
I know how difficult this must be for you all.
Our cats are both 14, and I keep a close eye on them. You never know what can go wrong when they are older.
HUGS to you and your family! (and your other cat!)
Joanie

Paula Carden
04-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Thinking of you and your DD's.
It is a very tough decision but it doesn't make the pain less even when it is right.

toao
04-26-2008, 08:39 AM
So sorry. I know how rough this is. I lost my 14 yo cat last fall. My heart truly goes out to you and your daughters.

Mary

cindi
04-26-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm so sorry! I know how much we love our pets, they are part of the family. You did the right thing though, we can't let out beloved pets suffer. I'm sorry yopur family is grieving. I'll send up prayers for all of you
hugs
Cindi

logcabincreations
04-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Sending hugs.

directmailscrapper
04-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Cindy, we went through the same thing about this time last year. Baxter had been failing and we knew that it was going to be the right thing to do. We had been giving him an IV drip every day for months (kidney failure) and Emily had been a part of the process during that whole experience. We took off work on a Friday, and he and I took care of Baxter. Then we both picked DD from school when school was over. She was very upset, of course, but she handled it much better than either of us had expected. I hope your girls will bounce back. We will probably be dealing with the same issue in the months ahead with Simon (he is 16 and Baxter's litter mate).

hutchink
04-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Cindy,

So sorry for you loss! I know how are it has to be on you and the girls! My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Hugs,
K

Firecracker
04-26-2008, 03:42 PM
What a bad day. I am so sorry about your cat. I'm sending you and your family a hug. Hugs, Heather

scrapsoon
04-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Ohw how sad to hear this indeed.
The animal is indeed the best friend and part of your live.
How sad to hear your youngest is still thinking it is on a visit and would be coming back.
Hope she will handle it when you say what's happend.
Hugg for you

Christie
04-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this. I know it's hard to go through. I think it might help if you make a scrapbook of your kittie. It could be theraputic and will be a great memory to look through when your missing her. You could have your dd's help you pic out the pictures.