PDA

View Full Version : My first annual button harvest!

CharityHand
04-27-2008, 04:55 PM
I went through my kid's clothes today and got rid of piles and piles of clothes.

I had a keep, donate and trash pile. I rescued the buttons from my "trash" items and ended up with a cup full of cute buttons. Most came from my daughter's clothes so they are especially cute. I also came across a few really pretty embroidered embellishments on some of the trash clothes and cut those off as well. I figure that they will be more useful with my stampin' stuff than in the trash.

Oh-- I was heartbroken over one dress that I had to throw away because I loved the fabric pattern and my daughter looked adorable wearing it, so I saved it to make patches for a blanket that our dog chewed a few holes in. The blanket is also special to me because my grandmother made it for me and she passed away a few years ago.

Collecting buttons actually made this dreaded chore much easier and now I have a bunch of new embellishments!

tojoco
04-27-2008, 07:27 PM
What a fantastic idea. I never thought of doing that and I usually donate clothes to the Veterans at least once a month. I'll have to be sure to check for cute buttons and embellies.

cindi
04-27-2008, 07:36 PM
and I liked how you will use a special dress to fix a special balnket.
wow, you've been busy
oh, and how are you feeling? not sore I hope
:)

Firecracker
04-27-2008, 07:41 PM
What a great idea. I can't wait to see your new creations with the buttons you saved. Hugs, Heather

hutchink
04-27-2008, 08:21 PM
OMG this is a wonderful idea! I bet it made the task so fun :)

TiikkiStars
04-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I have a pair of jeans DD wore until there was a hole in the knee to show just how much she wore them. The front pockets have very cute pink and turquoise buttons on them. I haven't gotten rid of the jeans yet because I have them set aside in order to do what you did. I thought they would make such cute embellishments on a scrapbook page for the months that she wore them!

:> Karen

CharityHand
04-27-2008, 09:53 PM
and I liked how you will use a special dress to fix a special balnket.
wow, you've been busy
oh, and how are you feeling? not sore I hope
:)

Oh yes, I'm feeling fine. Thanks for asking!

keltie
04-27-2008, 09:59 PM
This is like the children 's Book Something From Nothing. A wonderful children's story by Phoboe Gilman.
And what a good idea . I like the title you gave to your day.