PDA

View Full Version : Funny story -- now I have a "job"!

directmailscrapper
04-27-2008, 10:12 PM
My cleaning lady came today -- and she saw the table I have set up in my Living Room to collect stuff for the Shackapaloosa. She asked what it was all about -- and I showed her one of the projects I have for my Shoebox -- the Onesie card.

Well, her first grandchild was just born a few days ago, and she wants to use the Onesies for the birth announcements! Before I knew it, I offered to make the birth announcements for her. So, when I get back from Shackapaloosa, I will be making about 30 birth announcements!!!

Fortunately, these cards are really quick and easy to make, and I'm delighted. Her daughter is in her first year of college and not married...:no2:
Money is tight -- I'm glad to help.

BTW -- just because this always makes me laugh -- at 51 years old, I am the mother of one child -- an 11-year old. My cleaning lady, now a grandmother, just turned 45....:laugh:

kimmyqtgirl
04-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Nancy that is so nice of you! It's always so flattering for someone to want your work.

BTW I will SEE you in a few days! I am in the process of planning our route.

loobylou
04-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Nancy, I'd love to see the onesies you make at 'palooza. I have one cut out, but haven't decorated it at all. Will you take a photo of the ones the ladies make at Shackapalooza please.

ellie
04-27-2008, 10:21 PM
That is very sweet of you Nancy....and that is funny! I had a friend who was a grandmother at 39!

Firecracker
04-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Nancy, that is so kind of you to do. Homemade announcements are so much more fun to receive then a store bought one. Hugs, Heather

Vintagegal
04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
That is so very nice of you to do this for her. Your generosity will be returned to you a hundred times over.

Robinkay
04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
That's the knida job that is nice! You will have to let us see a sample of what you make for her.

mjbonoan
04-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh Nancy... we should be related. you are such a kind soul! I just volunteered to do 50 bithday invitations in a "Wanted" theme for one of my employees! I'm gonna need ideas so please help me brainstorm!

patg
04-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Awww, Nancy, that is soo sweet of you! Pat

threefriends91
04-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Oh Nancy how sweet of you to do these up and help her out..please show us a picture of what you make..l'm sure God will bless you for your kindness..

Canadian, eh
04-28-2008, 05:01 AM
Congratulations on your order, Nancy. Wish I was going to Shackapalosa.

hutchink
04-28-2008, 06:01 AM
Nancy you have the biggest heart! You are so kind! I so wish I was going to Shackapalosa! Have a wonderful time!

Paula Carden
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
CAn't wait to see your completed projects- Very nice of you to do announcements- you are a young 51-the new 50 is really 40 you know.
I sure hope you have fun at Palooza- you guys will be making a ton of stuff-mostly I would be talking and not stamping tho.