PDA

View Full Version : So how is everybody's favorite basketball team doing in the Play offs?

mjbonoan
04-27-2008, 11:33 PM
San Antonio Spurs got their butts whooped by the Phoenix Suns today. Spurs were 3-0. Oh well we'll have to see how they do on Tuesday. Right now the Dallas Mavericks are losing to the New Orleans Hornets by 8 points... 1 more quarter to go! See what happens at the end.

Oh well so my S.A. Spurs lost, I'll say what my ex-co-worker used to say "If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly" It's way harder to lose by a few points than to get your butt whooped by a whole bunch!

Later,

Mary Jayne

shuggy
04-27-2008, 11:45 PM
i don't have a favorite, since i don't really like basketball, but kerry LOVES the jazz. they are up on houston 3-1. so we'll see.

Firecracker
04-27-2008, 11:56 PM
I went to the Jazz-Houston game on Saturday night. I am a Jazz fan. Sorry MJ but we are cheering for San Antonio to lose. I don't think they will. I like Steve Nash from Phoenix. I want New Orleans to win Dallas but to lose to San Antonio/Phoenix. They make Chris Paul out to be more than he is. LA is going to win. I wanted Denver to win because the Jazz will have to playthe winnerof that round. My dad and I try to watch all the playoff games. For the east, I want Boston to win which they should. I don't keep up much in the east teams. I have a friend who cheers for Boston so I will for the east. If it ends up being Boston against the Lakers in the finals, I will definitely vote for Bostong. Any how, can you tell I like basketball?! sorry for the novel. Hugs, Heather

mjbonoan
04-28-2008, 12:11 AM
LOL... well being a Texas girl, for me it's Spurs, Mavericks, and Rockets. However, I'm also a Laker's fan. Oh well, Dallas just lost!

Gook Luck everybody!

Firecracker
04-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi MJ,

You definitely have to cheer for teams in your state. I do like Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. They are awesome players. The Utah Jazz just doesn't do well playing against the Spurs. Hugs, Heather

Christie
04-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Well the Houston Rockets aren't doing so hot. I was shocked the other day when the fans started chanting to Tracy McGrady "Over rated" I thought how rude, he is a guy with feeling and I'm sure that he was a little upset when 100's of people are telling him that. Oh well, I guess that's why sports are played by men, they don't bust out in tears like us women! LOL!! Mainly I'm sure the Jazz will go on to win and knock us out.

maxiesmom
04-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Well, my team the Pistons were doing lousy but did end up winning. We need them to go farther, my brother works for them and can't afford for them to get knocked out this early! LOL! He just found out he needs new windows and a chimney repair on his house!

Jarie
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Boston is my team from way back when Bill Russell was playing. I do like Detroit because of TaShawn Prince. He went to University of Kentucky and Kentucky is my favorite for men's college basketball. Detroit and Boston are struggling. Boston got beat by the Atlanta Hawks last night.

Janet

Firecracker
04-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I was shocked by the way Boston is playing. I thought Boston would win 4 straight in a row. I hope they do better at their next game.

Jarie
04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Heather,

I sure hope they play better also. They had a nice lead in the third quarter last night and blew it in the fourth. They need to gack back to their game plan they had when they were winning so many games at the start of the season. They were on fire then.

Janet

graciez
04-29-2008, 07:19 PM
We are Celtics fans and are really disturbed at the way they are playing. Regular season, they played so well...hope they get out of their slump..to top it all off the Red Sox are totally out of sync too....oh welll...that the way sports are...MJ/graciez

maxiesmom
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Woo hoo, Pistons won again tonight! Hope hubby saw a good game!

irishchristine
04-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Pistons won again last night!!!!

Christie
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Rockets won to keep us in. Now we just have to win the next two!

Erin K
04-30-2008, 11:40 AM
We are Magic fans and they won their series. Brian and Stephen were there.