PDA

View Full Version : I had a really big scare!

inkinupstamps
12-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Right before I left for the hockey game I picked up the telephone to call Paul and tell him I was on my way. 'Bella was lying in front of the basement stairs and when I lifted the receiver to dial she looked up at me which caused her big 100 pounds of dog flesh to roll a bit back and she FELL all the way to the bottom of our basement steps. OMG! I ran down the steps as she was laying in a heap at the bottom. After a few minutes she slowly got up. She was just shaken and a bit stunned.

'Bella has never been downstairs. Our stairs are extremely steep and very, very narrow. I have trouble with the basement stairs.

Well then after making certain she was ok, I couldn't get her to go back up! Here's a problem with giant breed dogs! I couldn't lift her, obviously, and she is terrified of the steps.

So...we have an old sofa in the basement and I encouraged her up on it and left to go get Paul (& go to the hockey game.)

Between the two of us Paul and I managed to sort of lift her front, then back legs the entire way back upstairs once we got home.

I just can't tell you what a shock that was and due to her size I was helpless. Fortunately she is fine. She might have a tummy ache later though because she ate all of the cats food out of their bowls as long as she was down there.

tojoco
12-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh no, poor Bella. I hope you gave her a big hug and kiss to make her feel better. Do you have a door to the basement that you can keep closed so it doesn't happen again or maybe put up a gate. Poor thing must have had the bejeebees scared out of her. I'm glad to hear that she's ok.:grin:

toao
12-08-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm so glad she's okay! I was holding my breath while reading that. I thought maybe she was hurt. Sounds like quite the ordeal.

How did Paul's game go?

Mary

cindi
12-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I' feel bad she fell, but I'm kinda laughing that she made the best of a bad situation by having a buffet of cat food!!! :wub:
She'll learn those stairs now, if she wants more kity food!
:)

GrammaStamper
12-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Poor Baby 'Bella! But she gets full marks for making the best of it and having the cat food. Must have been like going out to dinner and trying something new! Give her lots of hugs tonight!

shuggy
12-08-2006, 09:48 PM
oh no! i'm glad she's ok! :confused:

Whoopsie Daisy!
12-08-2006, 10:30 PM
I am so glad Bella is okay! How scary!

teabear
12-08-2006, 10:46 PM
She's just a big baby....glad she is ok. I can only imagine the ruckus and then the big chore getting her back up the stairs.

spredbirds
12-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Waht a scare ... glad to hear she wasn't too seriously hurt.
-Chelsea

Sherry
12-09-2006, 06:51 AM
The poor baby :no2:. That scenario would definitely give anyone a good fright! I hope she's doing better today. Give her lots of extra kisses and attention :cute:

Sherry

HeatherJ
12-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Oh, no, that must have been horrible! Glad she is okay.

ccstampin'
12-09-2006, 08:10 AM
as much about our pets as we do our children~~~
So glad she's all right. I laughed at the cat food incident.
She's no fool, right???
Those cats eat pretty good, don't they!!
LOL
Joanie:smile:

iloveflipflops
12-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Oh poor Bella!! How is she this morning? I'm glad she is ok.

Christie
12-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Oh no, thank goodness she is ok. I bet your were scared stiff! I'm glad she's ok. Maybe you should get some sort of gate to put up so she can't fall again.

My3Ds
12-09-2006, 08:25 AM
OMG Jennifer. I'm glad to hear she is okay. We're gonna have to get you a baby gate (a BIG baby gate).