PDA

View Full Version : Need Hair help (kinda)

Darleneh710
05-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Ok Girls, I have a dilemma and need your advice on what is best to do.

I called my hair salon on my break this morning to find out when my hair appt is (I have appt for a cut /color). Now I am not in the mood to go and am not "feeling it", but should I go anyways? One of my co-workers thinks I should go, but I am just not in the mood to go. I feel that though I can see some grays I dont think it is that bad (and I dont think my BF would be able to tell the difference anyways...all that matters RIGHT? lol) and that I could get this done another time. Plus, since I am trying to let my hair grow I dont want a trim yet as they ALWAYS seem to take off more than I want.

So what do you think? I mean, I really dont feel like going, but a small part of me thinks I will regret it if I dont go..

Here is the other part...I have been cleaning my room everynight after work and when I get home I am tired anyways and think that staying at salon for an hr or so would just make me more tired and then less would get done. I really need this room cleaned by Friday night.

So, throw your suggestions/advice at me...I just need to know what you girls would do..
thanks so much:)
:notworthy:

Christie
05-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Well I've never had this problem. I love getting my hair done, it's relaxing to me. I think if it were me I'd just go and get it done so it would be out of the way and you wouldn't have to think about it anymore.

Darleneh710
05-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Well I've never had this problem. I love getting my hair done, it's relaxing to me. I think if it were me I'd just go and get it done so it would be out of the way and you wouldn't have to think about it anymore.

Christie, I've been tired all week, and the girl that does my hair she can never get it right for me when she washes my hair so I end up not soaked, but not as dry as I would prefer either lol.

Thanks for answering!

buggainok
05-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I vote for don't go. I myself never enjoyed going to the salon for all the years that I went regularly when I worked.

The shampoo girl was frequently rough, the stylist would not listen - just did what they wanted anyway. Plus, it usually cost me a bunch of money.

Too many times, I have come home and washed my hair again and re-did it myself.

So, that's my opinion on the subject.:jiggy:

PS I have now gotten very good at cutting and coloring my own hair. I haven't had a professional do it for about 10 years. I took my DIL to her salon recently, and the stylist asked me where I got my cut - told me it was really cute before she knew I did it myself.

TiikkiStars
05-01-2008, 03:04 PM
If it were me, talking about going for me, I would definitely go since I have not been able to go and have a haircut in over a year now! The gal who cuts my hair only works during the week, during the day and I have been using up the litle bit of help I get with babysitting from Mom for doctors appointments and school meetings. But, I would LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE a haircut!!!!!

But, I digress, I am supposed to be helping you!! I say, if you don't want to go, don't go. I'd call sooner than later though, so that your stylist might be able to fill your slot....just to be polite. Take the time to clean your room or just relax and regenerate!

:> Karen

tojoco
05-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Can you make another appointment for when you do feel like going -- maybe in a week or so?

cindi
05-01-2008, 05:52 PM
don't go if you don't feel like it, but PLEASE cancel as soon as possible so she can fill her space, to a stylist time & space are money, so, as long as you call ahead and cancel, she can book another client. I have never been mad at a person for cancelling in a timely manner or rebooking, but a no show..ticks me off. mostly because I could have filled that spot. I'm with Christie a hair appointment should be enjoyable, so just rebook for a better time, it will be fine
:)

Firecracker
05-01-2008, 06:21 PM
I agree with Cindi. Hugs, Heather

scrappinnuts
05-01-2008, 07:06 PM
I love getting my hair done...but if you are not in the mood then call and see if you can re- book with her in a week or so... Goodluck on cleaning your room...

teabear
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I never cancel my hair appt because my stylist is sooo busy. I'd wait forever to get another appt.

mom_on_line
05-02-2008, 12:48 AM
I like getting my hair done, too. I've had the same person do my hair for the past 20 years. He knows what I want, even if I change it a bit. It's also the time I get to catch up on my reading!

Suzanne
05-02-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm going to say don't go and from reading your post I also say maybe time to find a new stylist. If she doesn't listen to what you want and you aren't happy with the shampooing then I would definitely think about someone new.

Christie
05-02-2008, 07:52 AM
WEll we all want to know if you went or not?????

Darleneh710
05-02-2008, 09:46 AM
WEll we all want to know if you went or not?????

You crack me up, Christie.

Nope, I didnt go. I called her back on my break and cancelled. They asked me to make another appt, which I declined, as I am the kind of person who likes to just call when I need it or in the mood, not to have it made ahead of time. I know that sounds CRAZY and all, but that's me.

To answer some questions...I go there b/c they do a good job and the cost is great. For a cut and color it is $50, but if you just get a color it is $50 and if you just get a cut it is $25. So right there by getting both together I am saving. However, one of the girls I work with her mom owns a salon closer to my work and I was thinking of trying that place. But in general, I've been thinking about looking for some place that is not so far away to new things in my life if that makes sense lol..

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. I really appreciate it! :v_SPIN:

logcabincreations
05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Well...if you aren't looking forward to the appointment, I say don't go, or either change to a different stylist who won't soak you.