PDA

View Full Version : Yoohoo Jan....when do you leave for the cruise?

teabear
05-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I know it's sometime this week. Just checking in to tell you I am pea green that you get to cruise with Tim Holtz :) I saw all the goodies he posted on his blog for your projects.

Christie
05-05-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm jealous too!!!! HOpe you have a great time!

iloveflipflops
05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I want to go on an Alaskan cruise too. Got room in your suitcase for me?

Paula Carden
05-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes Jan enjoy-let us see your projects you make when you get back. I bet you will have a great time- Can't wait to hear about it.

Far North
05-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh golly I am on the countdown now!!! Tonight I completed my last Monday of work this month...I am taking off the next 2 Monday's and then we have a holiday the last one...yea! I got a haircut and my dog has been groomed so I figure all the essential prep is now complete--oh well wishful thinking anyways!

OH how I wish some Shackies were going to be a part of this trip!! There are 200 of us participating in Tim's classes. He has only planned classes for when we are out to sea...he is excited about visiting Alaska too! His blog has shown lots of the prep he has done for our classes. He promises we absolutely do not need any materials or tools for the classes but has warned us to bring a medium extra suitcase for our project AND our shopping finds. He will have a store in the classroom filled with his newest products that will hit the stores in the next 2 weeks (talk about temptation!) He had a few new products on his blog this weekend so I expect that will be part of them.

Now as if that is not exciting enough the group of ladies on trip are fantastic! Two weeks ago I got frustrated that folks were leaving comments on Tim’s blog about the cruise but there was no way to contact them. So I got to thinking if anyone else is as excited as I am perhaps they have written something in their blog...so I went to work doing some google searches. I only found 1 but made my first new friend-Bridget from Canberra, Australia.
She happens to joining up with 10 ladies who have connected for over 5 years on the net...on thing has lead to another with introductions...and finally Tim decided to even post the link. Now 100 folks in the group are connected and have discussed everything possible from arrivals, meals, stamp stores to visit, excursions, seasick meds, airlines...we have it down! I have never given this much thought to the details of preparing for a trip!

Many folks are working on 50 ATC's for swapping (mine are posted on my blog). So it has been a busy couple weeks! The group is in a frenzy pitch at the moment as we are all doing last minute details. The tour group got us a group rate at Seattle’s Grand Hyatt so many are staying there and will enjoy pre-cruise introductions Sat evening and Sunday morning. We can board on Sunday at noon and will cruise to 8am the following Sunday. For those that miss the hotel gathering we have any introduction cocktail gathering next Sunday night at 5pm. I share all of this with you in case the opportunity arises for you to travel/meet a group of stampers without the comfort of other Shackies...in general stampers are very supportive and friendly folks. Everyone has commented on how informative this early discussion group has been. It has been a comfort for the first time cruisers and definitely heightened everyone’s excitement about the trip.

So I am pulling out my suitcases tonight and I am taking the artist’s journal that I created for Tami’s felt mystery guest challenge (you can still play until Sunday). I will not be connected by the internet for the week but you can be assured I will be thinking of you and will post some memories when I return!

If you read this far I hope you not sorry you asked...Yes, I am excited and I don't leave until Saturday LOL!!!

...Jan
http://farnorthdesigns.blogspot.com/

teabear
05-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I am so glad I asked! What an exciting time for you Jan. I'm giddy reading about it. I really wanted to do this trip, but life was too uncertain to book it when the time was right. I'm really happy for you that you have this opportunity. How wonderful that you already have lots of friends to stamp with. It sounds like heaven to me :)

logcabincreations
05-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow!!! I'm excited for you!! And it is so awesome about the ladies you have met over the net who are going on the cruise too. Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return. Sending you hugs and prayers for a safe and fun journey!!

firefly
05-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Sounds like so much fun! Have a great time Jan! We'll be thinking of you!

Sally

Sherry
05-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh Jan, is there room for me in your suitcase?? Your cruise sounds like it is going to be absolutely fantastic!!!

Have a fun and safe vacation!

cindi
05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I hope you have a fab time!! take some pics to share with us!!
:)