PDA

View Full Version : Paloosa '09... we have dates!

mydogstinks2
05-07-2008, 11:25 AM
I will totally post MORE details when I have them but we have dates!

Mark your calenders ladies:

APRIL 23-24-25-26
Angola, IN

We added one more day this time!!

The weekend we had this year already had a booking for "our" room. I wonder if Dawn beat me to it! LOL

Now REMEMBER: We have room for 30 shackies!

I am also booking the rooms in one lump sum too. So you DO NOT have to make your room reservation. It will ALL be together! I have 15 rooms so you will need to pick your room mate. IF someone does NOT want a room mate let me know ASAP and I will have to add a single room.

WITH a room mate this year ('08) for 3 nights in our room and my croppin space I payed only $215 TOTAL! for a whole weekend with shackies that is great!!

She is sending me info with our cost and everything so when I get that I can give the total amount that it would cost for you!

What I NEED from YOU now is this:

1- I need a YES I'm coming!
2- I need to make sure we have 30!
3- I will need a $25 deposit from each 30 that says YES hold my spot! (Please do not send until I let you know that YES you have a spot!)

Here is the link to the Inn so you can check out the place: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/inns/potawatomi/

Spartymom
05-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Yes, count me in! Just for the Fri-Sun...though.

Sherry
05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Chris,

Can you please revise your post and add the location of the event so that new members joining the site will know what's going on?

Thanks!

mydogstinks2
05-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Chris,

Can you please revise your post and add the location of the event so that new members joining the site will know what's going on?

Thanks!

I will sorry!! I didn't even think of that!

MerryMimi
05-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Could you tell me where to find more information about this event? Is it the same evry year? Thanks

mydogstinks2
05-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Could you tell me where to find more information about this event? Is it the same evry year? Thanks

We just had a get together last weekend there are lots of posts about it under "shackapaloosa" in the upcoming events section of the shack. There are also pictures in the gallery.

For '09 I am just starting planning in today. All we have for now are the dates. I have addded a link to the Inn's web-site for info on that. As far as info for this event there is not much yet.

MerryMimi
05-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out!

GrammaStamper
05-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Way to go, Chris! I already have a roommate, too.

mydogstinks2
05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Way to go, Chris! I already have a roommate, too.

I'm so excited!! Who are you rooming with if I can ask??

workin4stamps
05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I'll be there!! Let me know where and when to send my deposit, and I'll pop it in the mail PRONTO!

Traci

GrammaStamper
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm so excited!! Who are you rooming with if I can ask??

Unless she changes her mind, I'll be rooming with Sherri. We had a blast at MOA.

iloveflipflops
05-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Barb is rooming with me :)

tojoco
05-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Can someone please tell me the closest airport to the Inn.

directmailscrapper
05-07-2008, 01:19 PM
The CLOSEST airport is probably Ft. Wayne. I couldn't get a direct flight there. Detroit was 2 hours away. I also checked Lansing and a few others -- but the smaller airlines did not have direct flights from Baltimore...

logcabincreations
05-07-2008, 02:07 PM
O.K.....I have questions.

What is the approximate total cost of room and board, plus airfare?

Since I've never been on an airplane.....yikes......I was wondering if someone who is traveling either from Virginia or Maryland or North Carolina could be my guide? I know nothing about airports or making reservations.

Or is anyone from Virginia or Maryland or North Carolina driving that we could all ride together?

I guess I would have to figure all this out before committing, but I sure would like to go.

directmailscrapper
05-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Jan, what airport would you use?

Inkisallover
05-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm rooming with Traci again!

logcabincreations
05-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Jan, what airport would you use?

I don't know....there are two within 1/2 hour to 45 minutes from me....one in Lynchburg and one in Roanoke. Heck...I don't even know if my husband would be o.k. with me getting on a plane.

logcabincreations
05-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Is there a book called "Flying for Dummies"? They have "Dummies" books for everything else.

logcabincreations
05-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Chris, I'm going to do something I've never done before and take a GIANT LEAP into unknown territory.....

I can send you a deposit. That way I'll be safe if all details are worked out. If they don't work out....well....you can use my $25 for gifts for Paloosa.

Count me in....for right now anyway. (I'll add this to my ever growing prayer list that everything will work out.) (You'll have to change my maybe in the Poll to Yes....I don't know how to do that.)

GrammaStamper
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Way to go, Jan. Just do it and you'll be so glad you did. Meeting Shackies is just the bestest thing in the whole world, next to kids and grandkids.

MidwestStamper
05-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Jan, if you don't want to fly--you could look into Amtrak or Greyhound Bus to see costs and if they go close to this area.

logcabincreations
05-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Jan, if you don't want to fly--you could look into Amtrak or Greyhound Bus to see costs and if they go close to this area.

Thanks Lidia :wubclub:

maxiesmom
05-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I should be able to go then so I'm a yes for now.

scraphappy908
05-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Chris, I wouldn't miss it for the world! I had such a great time. I'll send my deposit when you're ready for it.
Amy

spredbirds
05-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Chris - I am a YES!!!

I will need a room :) and I will send you my deposit!!!

The countdown to Shackapalooza 09 begins!!!!

Let me know if there is anything that I can help you out with!!! :)

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

hutchink
05-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Since Chels said she is kidnapping me- I said YES!

loobylou
05-07-2008, 09:05 PM
It would be a dream for me to come. Unfortunately the international airfare is out of the question! I loved reading all our posts about Shackapalooza '08. I'll just have to live vicariously thru you all.

kimmyqtgirl
05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Jennifer and I are going to room together again :) I am very excited! Hopefully I will be able to get some "work" done this year with the extra day!

ellie
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Coun't me in! I can't wait & I haven't even unpacked my stuff from this weekend yet!

maxiesmom
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm safe, SIL said Communion isn't till 2010! That would have been my only problem, as long as my husband stays healthy(knock on wood). :nod:

GSMom385
05-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok mark me and M & M Mom down as a yes. She doesn't know it yet but I am sure she will go if I drive. We can be roomies too, just let me know when to send the deposits. This far out there is no way work can get in the way this time. Thanks for the advance notice!!! I love it!

mydogstinks2
05-07-2008, 11:20 PM
OMG I came home from work to so many replies!! WOO-HOO!!!

As soon as I get the paper work from Diane (the Inn lady) I will let you all know when to send me the deposit.

I'm so excited!

I will try to answer questions as they come up. We have plenty of time to plan this all out. I just needed to get or date in for now.

shuggy
05-07-2008, 11:40 PM
YIPEEE!!!! count me in!!

and my cute mom, too. i haven't told her yet, but she is coming...even if i have to kidnap her!!

we'll be roomies...

i asked kerry if i could go (more for an fyi for him, not like i need permission) and he asked why we aren't having one sooner!!!

i can't wait!!!

directmailscrapper
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I can't imagine missing it! Of course, next year is a long time away -- I haven't finished unpacking from THIS weekend! (In my defense, I got home at almost 10:00 Sunday evening and have had extra curricular activities every night this week!)

logcabincreations
05-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I need a roommate.....I swear I don't snore (even though dh says I do sometimes...lol) ;)

mydogstinks2
05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
WOW you Shackies are quick on your feet!!

We already have 20 that have said they are coming! This is AWESOME!!

We already have some great ideas in action, as in some goodies on order!!

As far a s airports Detroit and Lansing are not to far away. Ft. Wayne is also close. There is also Toledo Airport. They are a small airport not to may airlines that go in there BUT when my sister lived in Florida she could fly round trip into Toledo for about $100!!

ellie
05-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Patty is arranging for the time off as I type this!

Far North
05-09-2008, 10:06 AM
How far is the drive from Detroit airport?

mydogstinks2
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM

About 3 hours not that long of a drive.

kimmyqtgirl
05-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I already updated my tracker in my signature for next year! Can you tell I am excited!

Fief14
05-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I already updated my tracker in my signature for next year! Can you tell I am excited!

OMG, You are such a nut, LOL! That new ticker makes it seem like forever until the Poloosa '09 trip!

maxiesmom
05-10-2008, 08:51 PM

:jiggy: If Jan is in, I totally have dibs on her!! Well, that is if she wants to. :cry: After all her kindness to us when we visited her in Alaska, I get to take care of her this time!

stampcrazyjulie
05-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I want to go, but at this point I have to figure out all the details......like if anybody can pick me up at one of the Airports, and all of that fun stuff! Oh, and I don't snore either! ;)

So, if anybody else is a maybe and needs a roomie, let me know.....

Julie

threefriends91
05-11-2008, 02:56 AM
l'm going to take a big jump and say yes..l would love to go and meet all you great ladies..its about a 6 hour drive from Toronto l think..We should be moved by then and my hb will be working soon l Pray..
l have never drove in the USA by myself but there is a first time for everything...

shuggy
05-13-2008, 02:57 PM
hey chris, i'm sending you my cute mom's and my deposit.

logcabincreations
05-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Chris, I mailed my deposit 5/12/08.........YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

logcabincreations
05-13-2008, 04:07 PM
p.s. I still need a roommate.....uh Nancy (directmailscrapper) are you rooming with someone yet?

Inkisallover
05-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I've got my check made out and ready to go...

iloveflipflops
05-13-2008, 05:30 PM
My deposit went out yesterday too and i am rooming with GrammaStamper since she loves to giggle at all hours of the night!!! Right Barb?

scraphappy908
05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm putting my deposit in the mail now. Hopefully you will get it by the weekend. Now I just need a roommate! I am an early riser (about 7:00 a.m.) and I'm pretty quiet. My dh says I snore a bit when my allergies are acting up. Any takers?

mydogstinks2
05-15-2008, 08:20 AM
UPDATE-
There is still room for 6 more shackies! We have a total of 24 that have said yes they are coming or are on the mabye list. I will be getting some more info out to everyone hopefully this weekend. I recieved the contract in the mail yesterday. As soon as I go over it I will let you know what our cost per person is this year. (remember this includes your cropping space and your sleeping space too!)

spredbirds
05-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks Chris for organizing this again for next year!!! I can not wait!!!

Robinkay
05-15-2008, 08:31 AM
I have already started a file for ideas for 'paloosa '09. Shoebox projects etc. Poor Chris...I bugged her like crazy about the first 'paloosa and I've already started bugging her for '09.

shuggy
07-13-2008, 08:07 PM
i've already got my idea for little goodies for everyone. i'm going to go try it out now! of course, i can't post it cause i want it to be a surprise!!

now i just have to figure out what to do for my shoebox project.

mydogstinks2
07-13-2008, 08:13 PM
woo-hoo for you Angie!!

I have a small idea for goodies for everyone.

I do know what I'm doing for my shoe box project!

I feel so ahead of the game! LOL

scraphappy908
07-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Chris, YES I am coming! Please count me in. I might get my neighbor to come with me this time. I am so looking forward to it again. This time I will make sure no one mistakes me for an employee!

mydogstinks2
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Chris, YES I am coming! Please count me in. I might get my neighbor to come with me this time. I am so looking forward to it again. This time I will make sure no one mistakes me for an employee!

LOL that was very funny!!

Are you talking about Michelle?? It would be great to see her again. Does she even remember us??

maxiesmom
07-13-2008, 08:47 PM

I'm guessing you found an "I'm a stamper" t shirt or something to that effect? :laugh: But you were going to get a tour of the building and everything!! That was really funny though.

tojoco
07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Does it count if I'm a "maybe?" I really want to go. Of course, I've got to make detail plans like who can pick me up at the airport and then I would need a roomie. Would I need to send in a deposit? How much is it?

logcabincreations
07-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Joanne, the deposit is $25. Chris, I still need a roommate.

emmcee
08-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Put me down if still time.

mydogstinks2
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Put me down if still time.

I will add you to my list. I will also post to the other thread that I started today.

I'm so excited!!!

shadoob
08-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Can I come too? I don't know how I missed this one.
~Cheryl
I'd need a room mate - but preferably not a smoker.......

mydogstinks2
08-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Can I come too? I don't know how I missed this one.
~Cheryl
I'd need a room mate - but preferably not a smoker.......

I have added you to the list and sent you a private message too!!

Trishlvscards
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
My husband said yes so I am in but will need a roommate. I would like Jan if you haven't already signed her up with someone. Otherwise I will room with whoever. But please with a non smoker. Let me know when to send my deposit.

Patty
08-30-2008, 09:58 AM
This is getting exciting already!!! Now I'm nervous about ideas of "stuff" to bring--shoe obx etc. If I responded ages ago you still have me in the count, right?? Ellie--sure you don't want to drive??? We'll hve to talk about this. . .

Trishlvscards
08-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Are we already planning the shoebox swaps? If so I need some info.

Robinkay
09-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Are we already planning the shoebox swaps? If so I need some info.

Trish...I pm'd you. You can start thinking about what you might want to do. Some of the people last year had more than 1 project for people to do.

shadoob
09-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Cindi,
I think you and I decided to be roomies...right? if not, you can just let me know....just checking in.

maxiesmom
09-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Trish...I pm'd you. You can start thinking about what you might want to do. Some of the people last year had more than 1 project for people to do.

Speaking of that...with 30 people going to be there, could we NOT have more than one project per person? That is an awful lot of shoebox projects to work on. I barely did all 13 in May. And possibly keep them simple? Just asking.

Robinkay
09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Speaking of that...with 30 people going to be there, could we NOT have more than one project per person? That is an awful lot of shoebox projects to work on. I barely did all 13 in May. And possibly keep them simple? Just asking.

I think Chelsea is going to make something like the notebook thingy like last time, You know with all of the instructions for all of the projects. So lets say there is a project with a certain type of card you possibly could take the pieces you need to make the card when you leave and make it when you get home Is that clear as mud? :wub: Remember you don't have to bring a shoebox project...that doesnt mean you can't do the projects that other people bring.

I agree with you I just barely go my projects done by the time I left on Saturday night. I think I brought home two of them.

maxiesmom
09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I think Chelsea is going to make something like the notebook thingy like last time, You know with all of the instructions for all of the projects. So lets say there is a project with a certain type of card you possibly could take the pieces you need to make the card when you leave and make it when you get home Is that clear as mud? :wub: Remember you don't have to bring a shoebox project...that doesnt mean you can't do the projects that other people bring.

I agree with you I just barely go my projects done by the time I left on Saturday night. I think I brought home two of them.

Oh, I know you can always take them home, I had to do that with Kimmy & Jennifers. But if it's one that you'd want to use the stamp provided for the project and you don't have something like that at home... well then what do you do?

I didn't want to open up a can of worms, but I felt like it needed to be brought up. If we're all working on 30 shoebox projects, which is fine and good, it doesn't leave us too much time for our personal stuff we want to work on. Chatting, shopping, eating, drinking, projects- we're gonna be busy gals.

workin4stamps
09-15-2008, 10:05 PM
I have to admit....I was really overwhelmed with all the Shoebox projects last time.

cindi
09-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I have to admit....I was really overwhelmed with all the Shoebox projects last time.

I am thinking, that the shoebox projects seems a bit overwhelming for me..of course I will be a palooza newbie..it just seems like a lot to travel with, and a lot to do, since I am social buterfly!
lol
:)

maxiesmom
09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
I am thinking, that the shoebox projects seems a bit overwhelming for me..of course I will be a palooza newbie..it just seems like a lot to travel with, and a lot to do, since I am social buterfly!
lol
:)

It was a little, I was feeling like I wasn't going to get them done(I was jealous of Amy cause she was rocking 'em!) and then felt bad because I knew people put a lot of thought and work into getting them all ready and together. That was why I suggested keeping them to simple projects that could be easily completed.
I think we're all going to be being sociable with this many new faces! :jiggy: How many days left??

kimmyqtgirl
09-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Kathy I was a bit overwhelmed with all the projects too! They were fun, but I only spent part of the last day on my own stuff. Of course we did take the LONG route there - ha ha ha.

Inkisallover
09-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I really liked doing the shoebox projects. But I have never done anything like that before (meeting up with people to do stuff) and didn't know what to expect. I do know though, that I'm not taking everything that I own and then some...I am going to try to have some sort of a plan on what I want to do for personal projects. And maybe bring a cooler with lots of ice for "beverages".

maxiesmom
09-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I really liked doing the shoebox projects. But I have never done anything like that before (meeting up with people to do stuff) and didn't know what to expect. I do know though, that I'm not taking everything that I own and then some...I am going to try to have some sort of a plan on what I want to do for personal projects. And maybe bring a cooler with lots of ice for "beverages".

Becky, I like the way you think! I liked doing the projects too, I'm just envisioning doing 30 of them! Wonder how we can disguise a cooler?? Oh it's just a cropping tote, no, it just looks like a Playmate cooler :cool:

kimmyqtgirl
09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't really think they paid much attention to what we brought into the room anyways. I think the wedding party was more curious then the hotel! I can't believe they were looking in our reverse peep hole! Thank goodness for circle punches - ha ha ha

Inkisallover
09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh, that was way too funny! I don't think they really cared, either. And it was funny when they all thought Amy was an employee...

directmailscrapper
09-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Maybe we could each prepare 15 - 20 projects (I promise I'll just do ONE this year!). We won't all get to do all of them, but we'll get a nice assortment!

maxiesmom
09-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Maybe we could each prepare 15 - 20 projects (I promise I'll just do ONE this year!). We won't all get to do all of them, but we'll get a nice assortment!

That is something to consider. Good idea, Nancy!

Spartymom
09-17-2008, 08:22 AM
I was thinking the same thing about these shoebox projects. 30 to finish is a lot. I did feel rushed to get mine done, but It was great that I was able to learn new things. I know we'll have a great time no matter what we decide.

tojoco
09-20-2008, 01:26 PM

I thought if you weren't able to finish a project you got to take it home to complete. Am I wrong? I want to be sure to do everyone's shoebox project.

workin4stamps
09-20-2008, 09:07 PM
I thought if you weren't able to finish a project you got to take it home to complete. Am I wrong? I want to be sure to do everyone's shoebox project.

well...sorta.... but you need the supplies that are in the shoebox. So you could do all of your stamping and stuff and then assemble later if you wanted, but usually there is something you have to do there.

logcabincreations
09-20-2008, 09:27 PM
maybe some of us could bring our shoeboxes with the finished projects just to give out, and some of us have projects to do there? would this work?

karla_m_angelstamper
09-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I just checked and its a 13 hour drive for me, so I won't be able to make it this time around.

Canadian, eh
09-20-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm looking forward to coming and will be putting in for time off this week. I really hope we can have time to work on our projects that we bring along for ourselves too.