PDA

View Full Version : Chipboard help????

stampinmom3
05-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Wow, I was so excited to get chipboard. There must be a learning curve with this, cause I just can't make it look cute. I was trying to cover it with pp and sand the edges. Help,,I'd love any help you all can give me. TIA

mahodgman
05-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Here is what I would do. First, trace around the shape onto the paper. Cut it out, glue it down, and then sand the edges to go around any corners or curves. Is that what you did? If it was a basic shape with no curves or little grooves, I would probably just glue it down and then cut around the whole piece.

HeatherJ
05-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I thought it was just ME! I feel so useless with it, but I didn't know about the sanding thing, that makes sense. Thx

toao
05-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I trim my paper a little larger than my chipboard. I normally use a clear glue and apply it with a sponge brush. Next I lay the paper on top and be sure there are no bubbles. Let it dry completely and then trim the excess paper and sand.

I also have applied craft paint to the chipboard using a sponge brush and then stamped on it with background stamps and ink. (Once the paint was dry) You have to really be careful to let the ink dry after you've stamped it as well.

You can also use a sponge and ink directly on the chipboard to color it. I suggest using a little bit lighter color than what you want as it soaks in and becomes darker. Hope that helps.

Mary