PDA

View Full Version : I crashed really hard today (sugar-related)

Vintagegal
05-10-2008, 06:32 PM
You know what they say about caffeine and sugar, right? If you have it, it'll make you feel more awake or sending you pinging, for a moment. Then, you'll come crashing down super hard, super fast. Evidently, this happened to me today. DH and I went to Paradise Bakery and each had Nutella and Bananas French Toast. Nutella is a chocolate and hazelnut spread. It has the consistency of peanut butter, but it tastes like melted millk chocolate. OMG! It was unbelievably heavenly. But, it was so much sugar. I loved every morsel. Two hours later, I had a slight headache and wanted to sleep. I was fighting to stay awake, but I really couldn't. DH said I should take a nap (maybe a 30 minute nap) before we went to the movies. Well, when it was time to go, I couldn't wake up. I told them they had to go without me. Guess how long I slept? Four hours. I got plenty of sleep last night, too (at least seven hours, which is a lot for me). Weird, huh?

tojoco
05-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Ethel, sorry you had to miss the movies but it does sound to me like you had a little bit too much sweets.

We have a place called CrepeMaker here and they use Nutella in their dessert crepes. Every time I go there I am tempted to try one but so far I've been good and have only ordered a salad crepe. I know I'm going to cave soon with their chocolate sundae crepe -- with the chocolate being nutella.

iloveflipflops
05-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I want some of this - Nutella and Bananas French Toast.

That sure sounds delish!!!

toao
05-10-2008, 08:53 PM
It sounds yummy. I have a confessions to make: I have been going to a new coffee barn the past 3 or 4 weeks and ordering a Tiger Chai each morning. AND and muffin. Well, I decided today that I absolutely HAVE to stop! The scales are telling me that I am in danger of having to buy even bigger clothes in the near future. (I just had to buy some bigger capris a few weeks back) I'm back at my post baby weight. Yikes. As short as I am, I'm beginning to look like a roly-poly. The thing is....I hate to not support the lady that runs the coffee barn. It's a brand new business and she goes to church with us. (But I HAVE to stop for the betterment of my health) LOL

Mary

P.S. Do any of the rest of you like Chai? I didn't realize it was a tea because it tastes so much like a hot chocolate drink. It's steamed with milk and it is oh so yummy.

My3Ds
05-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Ethel - I'm right there with you. I've had a headache since yesterday (weather related) and then I didn't have my Starbucks frappacino today. By early this afternoon I was headed for a full blown migraine. Muddled through, napped, ate and I am feeling better now. With that behind me, maybe I should give up the caffeine starting right now!

dreis1
05-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Ethel, I know how you feel. I am diabetic and those sugar drops are no picnic. Hope you are feeling better soon. Glinda

maxiesmom
05-10-2008, 09:54 PM
I saw Giada making brownies that she then topped with that, then topped with some mini choc chips and I think some chopped hazelnuts. Popped into the over for a few minutes to melt the chips. Looked very yummy!

loobylou
05-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Nutella is a favourite around here. We love it on toast, or in a sandwich, ontop of a cupcake instead of icing, on a spoon for a quick pick me up......Yummo!
I've never thought to put it on a pancake.

threefriends91
05-11-2008, 04:31 AM
So sorry you missed the movies..but it sounds so yummy and l'm glad you had taken the time to rest...l'm like that if l eat to many sweets it just kicks me down after a few hours..

spredbirds
05-11-2008, 10:18 AM
P.S. Do any of the rest of you like Chai? I didn't realize it was a tea because it tastes so much like a hot chocolate drink. It's steamed with milk and it is oh so yummy.

Mary-

I too LOVE chai! You can get it with skim milk ... it tastes pretty much the same because the chai is really all of the flavor ... but you save on some of the calories this way.