PDA

View Full Version : Go, Speed Racer! Go, Speed Racer, Go!

My3Ds
05-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Took the kiddies to see Speed Racer this afternoon. It was okay -- considering that I had a headache and slept through a portion of it! It was a little loud and the colors and animation were a little much for me. Gosh, I'm getting old. Anyway, it was good and the boys liked it. Did any of you watch the cartoon when you were little? I did some, my brother really liked it. I was more of a Kimba fan.

MidwestStamper
05-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, my boys watched it and we had a couple videos. My younger son was so cute -- he'd sing " Ghost Eraser! Ghost Eraser!" instead of " Go Speed Racer". At age 3, that's what he thought they were singing!

Vintagegal
05-10-2008, 11:07 PM
DH took DS and a friend of his to the movie. They both said it was "Meh!" It was like being in a pinball machine, they said. I'm glad I missed it. Apparently, the acting wasn't too good. They said seeing it once was plenty enough. We watched Iron Man last weekend, and in two weeks, we'll catch the new Indiana Jones movie. Lots of good movies coming out now. Just in time for summer.

My3Ds
05-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Ethel - good description of being in a pinball machine. It made my head feel like it was in a pinball machine.

My3Ds
05-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Yes, my boys watched it and we had a couple videos. My younger son was so cute -- he'd sing " Ghost Eraser! Ghost Eraser!" instead of " Go Speed Racer". At age 3, that's what he thought they were singing!

OMG - that is too funny.

Darleneh710
05-11-2008, 12:00 PM
My boyfriend wants to see this movie. He has been talking about it for sooo long. He was a huge fan of the cartoon when he was a kid...so I might be going to see it lol

toao
05-11-2008, 01:43 PM
So glad you previewed it first....so the rest of us can save ourselves a headache. I don't think I can take feeling like I'm in a pinball machine. I can't even ride simulated rides anymore. Getting old stinks. LOL

Mary