PDA

View Full Version : How was your Mother's Day?

tojoco
05-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Mine was fine. DH, DS and I went to Bonefish Grill for lunch. I had a delicious chicken/pork piccata with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed zucchini. As we were waiting for the meal, DS handed me a bag with a brand new Vera Bradley handbag in it. I absolutely love it because the one I have I've been using for about 2 years now and it was time for a change. After lunch I had a slice of key lime pie and then the waitress brought me a mini shopping bag with a chocolate covered gigantic strawberry in it. I brought that home and will enjoy it later -- all by myself!

So how was your Mother's Day?

toao
05-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Mine has been "different" this year as I have a couple of friends that have had things happen tragically.....my heart is sad for them. For me personally though, it has been a good day. Billy built me steps that lead outside from my stuio to the back yard. I've been dealing with concrete blocks stacked on top of each other that were wobbly. I asked specifically for steps and got them! Yaay. He also got me a hummingbird feeder and Tori made me all kinds of little goodies by hand. I'm blessed that I have such a wonderful family and that my mother is still alive. I always feels sad for Billy and others though that their mom is no longer here. So I guess for me, this year is really one of reflection.

Mary

lakeslady
05-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi Joanne,
It is not Mothers day here in the UK. Although we celebrate fathers day on the same date, mothers day is different. I dont know why. Pleased that you had a nice one.

IMBlessed5
05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
That's interesting JP!

Ok it's funny how things work. We are having really high winds here today and the electricity went out for about an hour. Sooooo no computer, tv or video games. The kids and I had a lot of fun wrestling around and playing Dora Memory! :D

iloveflipflops
05-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Our tornado warning just lifted so the sky has been getting darker and darker but all is fine now. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. My hummingbirds are at the feeder. LOL

Spartymom
05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
I had a real nice day. Made some cards while the girls did a little scrapbooking, playing monopoly princess and uno with the girls. DH & I talked about upcoming trips. It was very nice. I"m thankful for my family.

Inkisallover
05-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Mine was great! We went camping over the weekend and when we got home today, the kids came over and we played Guitar Hero. I really stink at that! Then we went to my mom's and hung out with her for awhile. Then went home and ordered pizza. A nice lazy day. Kim, what is monopoly princess?

irishchristine
05-11-2008, 09:04 PM
I ahd a wonderful day. My kids made me gifts in school and my dh bought me a beautiful dress. Then we went out for breakfast. At 4 everyone came over for Ribs and chicken dinner!Only 18 so it was not so bad!!

Vintagegal
05-11-2008, 09:14 PM
We celebrated Mother's Day last night because today is duel Graduation Day / Mother's Day in our neck of the woods. Every restaurant is packed from morning until night; so there was no way we'd get into a restaurant in a reasonable amount of time. Still, I had a lovely day. DH worked on the yard and made it look really nice for me. Then, we went out for smoothies. Otherwise, we just relaxed at home. I didn't cook dinner. We had leftover Malaysian food.

mom_on_line
05-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, nothing special. I finished our club album and it turned out good. At least I didn't mess up on it like I did the tabs! Ooops! Oh well. I posted it on the veggie site, since there's no stamping on the cover.

We made a quick trip to Costco to pick up 10 boxes of Grandma's cookies for DH's goodie bags. While there, I decided to get myself a new nano, since I can't find my other one.

We're doing dinner out tomorrow, so that will be nice.

suzi_f
05-11-2008, 09:38 PM
It was a pretty nice day. DH helped the kids clean the house (he even "taught" dd how to vacuum) and I did some laundry (dh leaves for Wash DC tomorrow, he needed undies). I fought for TOO LONG to make mil's Mother's Day card and then dh forgot it when we went to pick her up. Oh well, giving that she is nearly blind & never was into "handmade" anything, I'll save it for my mom for next year or take the obnoxious MD circle off it & use it for something else.

We went to Pasta House for free Mother's Day dinner w/free Cheesecake. YUM!!! The kids are watching a Tim Hawkins (Christian comedian) video and DH is packing. Every few seconds the sound of Nick's laughter trickles down the stairs making me want to laugh. He's just so funny!

GSMom385
05-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Ours was very busy. But I started the morning with this wonderful banner taped to my fireplace that the girls scrapbooked for me. It is so cute I will have to take a photo of it and put it on my blog tomorrow when I have more time. They spelled mother moter on it and then figured out they messed up and put the h in with pink instead of blue they had used on the orginal word. It is really cute and has hand prints on it for the girls and the cat. I really don't want to know how they got paint on her paw and off without me knowing about it. Then we made the rounds first to the inlaws and then to my Moms, we just got home a little bit ago, I am beat going to bed now.

ellie
05-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Wonderful! My day started with a text message from one of my son's friends. He was wishing me a happy day. Then, after church, we went to our ds's house for dinner. Three of my boys were able to be there all day...unfortunately, Jeremy had to work. My dil and her sister cooked a wonderful spaghetti dinner for everyone and then my son made some kind of incredible chocolate dessert. It was made with that chocolate that is like 72% cocoa and it was served warm in these little ramekins. They all chipped in and bought me a Starbucks card too! Oh yeah, and dh gave me stamp $!

logcabincreations
05-12-2008, 09:41 AM
I made stuffed pasta shells with 4 kinds of cheese & pasta sauce, a peach cobbler, and we headed over to my parents house after church to have lunch. I bought my mom a pretty geranium she can plant outside, and several yards of fabric as she loves to sew.

My dh and boys each bought me a card and lots of my favorite chocolate: Dove Milk Chocolate - yum!!

I told dh not to buy me anything because I bought my own gifts: I bought a new light pink top that I can wear to work (and I wore dancing Friday night), some new earrings, I got my very first Magnolia stamp order from Dream Cottage (only took a week-woohoo!), and I ordered one of those stamp grab bags someone mentioned here in a thread last week.

Oh...I almost forgot....I got my hair cut Friday....short!! I will have it colored sometime soon.

TiikkiStars
05-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Not so hot here. I was woken out of my stumbling slumber when I went into the bathroom at 4am and stepped in a pool of water......our toilet was leaking. So, DH spent the whole day trying to repair it. Its still leaking. DH did try to do something nice though, he made me french toast and DS gave me a picture that was taken at school inside a macaroni frame he made and his teacher painted.

:> Karen

teabear
05-12-2008, 10:43 AM
I celebrated all weekend! We started out by going to see Ellen show on Thurdsay that will be aired today. While mom and I were doing that hubby cleaned the carpets. That's my fave gift! On Saturday I gave my mom her gift and hubby took me out for a date night to an art walk. We had vietnamese food which was amazing and then visited art galleries all evening. It was fantastic. Yesterday the guys made a yummy breakfast and gave me new slippers and plants. Then hubby planted them outside for me. Mother's day is my fave holiday :)

MidwestStamper
05-12-2008, 10:49 AM
We had a lovely sunny day here in Minnesota, which was a nice gift in itself since Saturday had been so rainy. My Mom and brother came to my church and then we all went out together to the Timberlodge Steak House--yummy!

Then we all came back to my house for cupcakes and ice cream. I gave my Mom a miniature rose plant (peach colored roses) which she loved.

I got a bouquet of purple flowers (my favorite color!) and a DVD of the movie "P.S. I Love You" which is a tear-jerker romantic movie that I'd loved. Later in the evening, I got to go on a long walk with my DH. A great day!