PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Fiskars Portable Rotary Trimmer?

StampinShera
05-12-2008, 04:52 PM
I saw that Costco carries them and was wondering how well they work. I'm looking for an easy way to do scallops edges. If anyone would like to share with me if they have it or how you do you scallops, I would apprecaite it!

Thanks,

MichelleO
05-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I demo for Fiskars... Which one is it? I LOVE the new orange one! I have had probably 10 trimmers since starting this hobby. And this one by far is my favorite. I love the rubber feet, no sliding. I cuts straight and the different blades is alot of fun. The scallops are really cute, I wish they were bigger... it has been suggested. I also have the desk top Fiskars rotary trimmer, but I put it on the shelf and use the portable most! I will say if it is the purple one, it is not as easy to swap out blades. The orange one is one little button easy.

irishchristine
05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
If it is the over sized trimmer I love it. It runs about $40-$50 and they have it at joanns. I just replaced my first blade and I have had it for about two years. I use it when I have big projects!!

scrappinnuts
05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I have one... and I loved it...until I tried the making memories rotary cutter...with the fiskars... Orange one... I had a lot of trouble getting my paper straight...with the MM one it comes with a magnetic ruler...and that makes a big difference with accuracy...JMO

StampinShera
05-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure if I am doing his right but here is the address to look it up on the Costco website ~ http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11229742&search=fiskar&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=fiskar&Ntt=fiskar&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Thanks again ~

teabear
05-12-2008, 06:37 PM
I have the very one you showed and I love it! I also have the MM trimmer that Terry mentioned. What I love about the fiskars new trimmer is that you can see all the measurements even 4 1/4" on the clear arm that pulls out. You have to place the trimmer so that the swing out arm is at the top, away from you and then put the paper at the top and slide the cutter from bottom to top. I have gotten straight, clean cuts every time that way. I'm also a demo for fiskars, like Michelle. We had to go to trainings to learn all the little tricks for the products. I love that I can switch out the rotary cutter for different kinds of decorative blades which is not possible with the MM trimmer. I use both of the trimmers, but take my fiskars on the road with me. It folds up smaller and is lighter. It retails at the big stores for $39.99, so if you have a coupon it might be cheaper than costco.

Firecracker
05-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I think I need to purchase this trimmer. It looks really handy. Thanks for the info. Hugs, Heather

Erin K
05-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I just returned this trimmer to costco. I didn't care for it.

StampinShera
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I went to Costco after work and then to Joanns to get the scallop blade.......I'm liking it so far. Thanks for everyones input.