PDA

View Full Version : I am back from my Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation experiment....

workin4stamps
05-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Well...actually it was an appointment with my Mary Kay lady. She probably wouldn't appreciate me calling it an experiment. LOL.

I was determined that I wasn't going to like the Mineral Powder Foundation. I didn't think I would get the coverage that I wanted. Turns out....I was wrong! I love it. I don't even want to finish up using my cream foundation!! I just want to throw it in the trash!! LOL.

It gives a very smooth finish to my skin....and has nice coverage. I think the key is the application. Rather than brush it around with the brush, you actually "push" it into your skin with the end of the brush. Does that make sense? And for $18, it's a bargain! She said it should last me at least a couple of months.

Of course I ended up spending over $200 on everything I purchased (choke, choke!!). She talked me into firming eye cream and a facial highlighter pen to cover up my dark circles. I guess I'm almost 40 and I need to start paying attention to these things.

So anyhow.....another vote for the mineral powder foundation!!

:-)

logcabincreations
05-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd like to try it....maybe I should schedule an "experiment" with my consultant...lol

My problem though is rosacea.....I guess experiment is the right word.

directmailscrapper
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm still trying to get the hang of the Bare Escentuals -- better today than yesterday. I think I need to watch the DVD again. I know I'm going to love it, once I'm good at it. But anything new takes time. I am dealing with rosacea as well -- and it was taken care of pretty well when I was at the BE store...

workin4stamps
05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd like to try it....maybe I should schedule an "experiment" with my consultant...lol

My problem though is rosacea.....I guess experiment is the right word.

Jan---I have rosacea too. That's why I was concerned. My consultant had contacted the medical department before she met with me today, and they gave her some recommendations. I basically abandoned everything I knew before, and I am now starting over! (because my rosacea has really gotten worse in the last couple of years)

I used to use timewise cleanser, and they switched me back to creamy cleanser since it is non-abrasive. I was also using Advanced Moisture Renewal, and they suggested I switch to oil free moisturizers because oils can irritate rosacea. I have VERY dry skin. So now I am using the Timewise Moisturizer (just the moisturizer..not the cleanser) along with a purple gel (can't remember what it's called!) that are both oil free. She also suggested that I use the pink freshener that they have, because it is soothing for rosacea. The serum that comes with microderm abrasion also has soothing things in it for rosacea. So I am supposed to use that, but NOT do the microderm abrasion.

So I am basically starting over, but hopefully I'll see good results.

Spartymom
05-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the info. Maybe it will help my roseaca too. Why does everyone have this problem? Traci, you maybe should've traded her makeup for your cards! Remember, that is what I did with my Mary Kay lady. But my purchase was only $24.00.

scrapsoon
05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
What's roseaca??
Anyway..my face isn't perfect anymore either.
So i would think of those thinks to sometime.

MyRnAbS
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I've been wanting to try this one out. My little sis has roseca and she's been using it, and she loves it. Well she's not little anymore, but she'll always be to me ;) Thanks for the enabling I was just a push and a shove away from buying this ;)

logcabincreations
05-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Soon Han, Rosacea is a redness of the skin....can be in patches or all over the face. It is aggravated by a number of different things including: (1) using the wrong skin care products (2) stress (3) sun (4) blood pressure (5) allergies (6) and believe it or not food. For example...spicy foods can trigger mine to flare up and I loovvvveeeee Mexican food....lol....so I just stay red most all the time - ha ha.

scrapsoon
05-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Okay thanks for the info,i got the idea.
Hihi thats indeed verry dificult choices to make when you like Mexican food

stampinmom3
05-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Nancy-I've been wearing my BE for several weeks now. I really have to say it took me a good week or so, maybe closer to two weeks to get the hang of it. But, now I love it.

toao
05-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I went to WM last night to buy more Cover Girl foundation and they had changed it to the mineral kind. It had a brush with it and I wasn't sure how to use it this morning. I didn't really like the brushing it on, so I used a new flat sponge from one of my other compacts. I loved it! It had good coverage and it's light and airy. So for those of you wanting to try it without the high price tag....go with Cover Girl.

Mary

workin4stamps
05-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I went to WM last night to buy more Cover Girl foundation and they had changed it to the mineral kind. It had a brush with it and I wasn't sure how to use it this morning. I didn't really like the brushing it on, so I used a new flat sponge from one of my other compacts. I loved it! It had good coverage and it's light and airy. So for those of you wanting to try it without the high price tag....go with Cover Girl.

Mary

Mary....when she showed me how to put mine on, she suggested that I "push" the powder into my face with the brush rather than "brushing" it on. My brush is flat on the bottom. So I just push it in with the flat brush, and it goes on much better that way. Just a suggestion in case you wanted to give your brush another chance....