PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Cruisin with Tim Holtz

Far North
05-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Hello all!
Wish you could have been with me this past week! I just got home from my cruise late last evening and wanted to take a moment to say thanks for all the happy wishes you sent my way. And wow did The BEST ever come together!!! The excursions were terrific with better weather that I ever anticipated and of course fantastic scenery and wonderful sightings of wildlife.

Many here have shared that Tim Holtz is a fantastic teacher…oh, you are so right! He is the ultimate in planning details so everything is T-otally taken care of for the students. Our workshops varied in length and worked around the excursions for the day. He supplied everything for us down to a tea towel to use as an ink rag. Our projects included a mini travel scrap album for our ATC’s and other trip treasures; jewelry making with his new line of metal embellishments; a mirror embellished with grungeboard; an clear album colored with alcohol inks (my personal favorite learning experience); and a picture frame using his fragment embellishments. No matter if you like Tim’s artistic style or not, he is one fantastic teacher of techniques. I made a few notes on the tips and hope to share.

It may take me weeks to find a home for all the crafting things I brought home! Tim was extremely generous in providing us with ample supplies and sending many things home with us and if that wasn’t enough he had a store to purchase even more supplies. Our last port visit was Victoria, BC where one stamping store stayed open just for us and provided transportation…so of course I now have added more Canadian stamps to my collection.

It feels great to be back home to the Shack, the green grass and trees that came out while I was gone, as well as happy moments with Bianca, my American Eskimo pup. I have lots more to share but lots to catch-up on too!
….Jan

Christie
05-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Oooo, sounds like you had a terrific trip!! I do hope you took pictures to share with us! I'm glad you had fun and that you are back!

cindi
05-19-2008, 10:34 AM
it sounds like a dream trip!! I can almost picture it all!
I'm so haoppy you had a great time! will you [post a few of your projects??
:)

scrappinnuts
05-19-2008, 10:40 AM
WOW Jan...really sounds wonderful I am so happy for you... I can't wait for you to share all of your Learned Tech.

tojoco
05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Welcome home Jan. Sounds like a totally awesome trip. Can't wait to see your projects and pictures of the cruise.

tesschap
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Welcome back. It sounds like a wonderful trip. I can't wait to see all of your new projects.

GrammaStamper
05-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Jan, sounds like you had a fantastic trip and I agree, Tim Holtz is a terrific teacher!

ccstampin12
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
So happy you had such a wonderful time!
Tim is a wonderful teacher. Lesa and I took a class with him at the MOA Scrapfest in Sept.
We're signed up for another class at the end of June in our LSS!
I'm so excited! And, again, we need to bring nothing to the class~
HUGS
Joanie

mydogstinks2
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
sounds like so much fun!! i can't wait to see some pictures!

hutchink
05-19-2008, 12:44 PM
OH Jan, so happy to hear that it was a wonderful trip! I want more details when you have time! YES we need photos!!!!

Vintagegal
05-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a fab time and Tim exceeded your expectations!

logcabincreations
05-19-2008, 01:42 PM
what an awesome and memorable trip!

spredbirds
05-19-2008, 01:50 PM
That sounds like a wonderful trip Jan ... glad you enjoyed it! Please share pictures!!!

teabear
05-19-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm so happy you had a wonderful time. It sounds like it even exceeded your expectations. Tim is such an amazing teacher. Wonderful! Rest up, so you can show us everything :)

firefly
05-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Welcome home Jan! Can't wait to see what you learned!

loobylou
05-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm going to be stalking your blog for photos, Jan. Sounds like you had a blast! Hope you might share something in the creative corner in the next few technique challenges

threefriends91
05-19-2008, 07:49 PM
l'm so glad you had a great trip Jan..l can't wait to see the pictures and hear all that you learned... its so nice to have you back too..

teabear
05-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I just saw that Tim updated his blog about the trip with photos.....what a dream cruise!

maxiesmom
05-19-2008, 09:37 PM
:jiggy: I am so excited to hear all about it!! I have been thinking about you all week long. What a fabulous way to see Alaska, or parts you haven't seen of it! Plus all the cool Tim stuff, oh and a store in Victoria staying open for y'all, plus transportation?? WOW! Waiting with bated breath, seriously!

Welcome home!!

Canadian, eh
05-20-2008, 04:14 AM
Glad to hear you had a blast. I can't even imagine the fun that you had.

CharityHand
05-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Now that sounds like a fantastic voyage!

Artyfarty
05-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Wow I am so envious ....you sound as though you really had a ball with the added bonus of a fantastic trip. Tim is sure one fantastic guy and so very talented.
Please post some pics soon.. and ps Welcome back.
Sue xx
(989)

countrycowgirl
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I am so jealous!!! You are a lucky girl!

Tantalize
05-21-2008, 09:14 PM
It sure sounded like an amazing cruise, Jan!!! Hmmm... I wonder what kind of CDN stamps you picked up?!