PDA

View Full Version : Father-in-law VERY sick :(

pesc
05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Hello,
We learn some weeks ago that my father-in-law had cancer in his lung, leaver, spine and legs... well today more bad news came in, he also have brain tumors...
Everything is going so fast that they are not able to cop with all that. My mother in law is doing everything she can to help him. They have a lot of medical appointement...

Pascal went there with Audrey this past weekend but I did not go 'cause of the pregnancy. It's a long ride and it would not have been safe. I feel really helpless...

I've call an OT close to them and ask for some equipment for them... I feel that my MIL does not like me suggesting things to help... in fact I'm sure she want this all to go away but I'm really afraid it will not.

All this make me really sad. I cannot help and I understand that it's just too much for them and they can just adapt to so much at the time...

I think my better move is to let the OT there do all the job and not told them any advice... in other ends... I know what it is to loose someone from Cancer since my mom died from it when I was twelve... I know some stuff can be prevent to decrease the amount of pain and other complications... but I don't think they are able to listen to all that...

Thank you so much for letting me vent... Cannot really tell that to my dear husband who has to deal with is own emotion with all that!

Well the good news for the day is that my little girl and her father will be home any minutes and I'm so happy I will be able to hug them!

CharityHand
05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry for you and your family. Cancer is such a horrible, horrible disease. It just makes me sad to think of it. We went thru all the ups and downs with my grandmother, who had stage 4 lung cancer, which had just spread all over her body before she even knew she was sick. I will say a prayer for your family.

Christie
05-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Pascale I know this is a difficult time for your family. I also know how bad cancer is. I hope that your FIL doesn't have to suffer for long. I know you know that God is there for you and I pray that you all look to him for guidance and support during your hard times. Lots of (((HUGS)))) and you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

logcabincreations
05-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Saying prayers.

tesschap
05-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh no. I am sending you a big HUG and will keep your family in my prayers.

scrappinnuts
05-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Sending you Big Hugs...and Lots of prayers for your family

scrapsoon
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Oh dear Pascale.
I'm so really sorry to hear this.
It gives me shiffers??what an awefull news is that.
I really hope your father in law wil have not much pain.
I understand you can not do anything with your pregnancy eventhough you really want to do something.
I really going to pray that he wont have any pain and if there is a way to cure it will be found or helped.
Sending you all big hugs and my thoughts are with you all.
Do please try to stay calm and think of your self and try to don't be stressfull of all of this.

cindi
05-20-2008, 06:28 PM
how sad for your family. It's very kind of you to do all you can from a distance, maybe that wil help comfort you, because you are doing all you can.
Enjoy your family tonight, as I'm sure you all missed each other. I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers.
Hugs:wubclub:

Mrs. Fence
05-20-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm so sorry about your FIL. I'll be praying for him, and for your and your dh.

ellie
05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I am so sorry...,what a horrible thing to have to go through. I sure wish they could find a cure for this awful thing. I will be praying for all of you.

kimmyqtgirl
05-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I am so sorry, I will be keeping him and your family in my prayers. Big Hugs to all of you.

hutchink
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Sorry sorry about FIL! I will say a pray for you all! It was be so nice when DH and DD are home and you can hug them :)!

teabear
05-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Sending out hugs and prayers going up for you and your family Pascale. I'm so sorry this is happening to your FIL.

threefriends91
05-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Oh Pascale, l'm so sorry your FIL has to go through the horrible disese and l pray he will not have to suffer for to long..We just went through this last September with my FIL and he went down fast..even though its seemed long..My heart goes out for him and the family..l'll be sending up some Prayers for everyone..Big Hugs..

jazzypurple853
05-21-2008, 08:09 AM
saying prayers

Artyfarty
05-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Pascale you are in my thoughts and prayers...I will be thinking of you at this sad time. Cancer is such a horrid desease and having lost my own mother when I was 20 through cancer I can understand your torment.
)))) hugs ((((

dreis1
05-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Sending hugs and prayers your way. Glinda

shuggy
05-21-2008, 12:55 PM
i'm sorry to hear about your fil.

Tantalize
05-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Saying prayers for your FIL and your family, Pascale.

Caboverde1
05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Pascale:

I am so sorry for your husband and family...I have just experienced a great loss and know how hard it is to be pregnant and dealing with such great emotion. My prayers are truly with you all...
Tonii

MyRnAbS
05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
You and ur family will continue to be in my prayers!!

pesc
05-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Thank you all so much for all the support. They had the visit of the OT 2 days ago. My husband is suppose to call his parents back to get some news. I hope they coping with everything so far even if it's not easy.