PDA

View Full Version : Who remembers the graduation party we threw 2 years ago for DH's grandson?

iloveflipflops
05-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, he has another granddaughter getting ready to graduate this year and I have been telling the mother I will be out of town during the graduation thinking that she would find somewhere else to have the party and guess what!??!?! She emailed me today asking if we would have it here ... I can just scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called her and told her I am going to be out of town (which I have told her already) and Charlie would prefer NOT to have the party here while I am gone. I mean, do I want his ex-wife cooking in my kitchen without me here? I dont' think so. So i hope she will be ok with having the party on the next weekend after graduation which is Father's Day weekend but I am sticking to my guns and that is that....

Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dreis1
05-23-2008, 02:30 PM
I hear you Sherry. Stick to your guns and don't let them control you. Glinda

scrapsoon
05-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I hear you too Sherri,beware of the ex and make shure she won't come when your out:D

Christie
05-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't think I would want her in my kitchen if I weren't there either. Stick to your guns and if she doesn't like it that's too bad!!!

ccstampin12
05-23-2008, 02:43 PM
GRRRRR!
I feel your frustration!
Stick to your guns, Woman! We've got BIG plans!
LOL
Joanie

ellie
05-23-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't blame you...geeeezzzze...you told her that a long time ago! I think if I had an ex coming over to cook, I might have to plant something in the kitchen for her to find....let's see....what would be fun?

cecescraps
05-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Wow!! I'm impressed his ex will even come in your kitchen. I'm sure my DH would NOT come to our house and I even more sure that she would NOT invite us to hers. Sad, but true and we're talking 22 YEARS since they divorced!! So, while I totally don't blame you or Charlie for not wanting to have it while you are gone, I'm really impressed that you all get along well enough to co-host events. :)

suzi_f
05-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Why does she have to use your house. If she's hosting it, she needs to find somewhere else to hold it. Are the parent's involved? No way on earth I would let ANY other woman into my house/kitchen when I wasn't home, let alone an ex. But I'm a mean, bitter person. Hope your DH backs you up on this!

iloveflipflops
05-23-2008, 05:06 PM
I guess since we did it for the other grandson 2 years ago, she asked if we would do it again. I say fine as long as I am home :)