PDA

View Full Version : Terry Medaris Prisma Colored Pencil Class

mahodgman
05-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Wanna see what I did toady? http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=15903&limit=recent This is the second time I've taken a class with Terry Medaris, and I really love his blending technique with the Prisma Colored Pencils. It is really easy to learn, and all of the students always catch on! Check out his website, he has some really cool western art stamps. http://terrymedarisartstamps.net/

Far North
05-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Lucky you Mary! Terrific projects!
I dream of attending one of his classes!

dreis1
05-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Good for you. I sure wish he would come to Indianapolis. Glinda

Christie
05-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Very nice!!! I bet it's a blast taking that class!

Vintagegal
05-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm so jealous! You've taken not just one, but TWO of his classes! You lucky duck! Your project is gorgeous. So vibrant and wonderfully colored!

Paula Carden
05-25-2008, 10:51 AM
WOW-what great work you did!!
Teach me, I will never probably get to take his class-
he will never be close enough probably to here.

mahodgman
05-25-2008, 11:06 AM
The basic concept is that you work with 3 colors at a time; a light, medium and dark shade of the same color. Always start with the light shade, then when you transistion to the next shade you go over some of the lighter one to blend in the line. It is kind of like tiny little circular motions. It takes a lot of time and a lot of color. I wasn't pressing hard enough on my pencils at first, so I was getting a really pastel look. You can still do pastel, you just use really light colors; but again 3 shades. The pencils make a mess too! So, you just keep tapping off the mess. You can't rub it off or you will get color where you don't want it. I still have trouble with imagining a light source to make shadows. The cool thing about his class is that he is there to help you!

He travels around a lot. You all should talk to your lss owners and try to get him to your store. Olympia, WA is not a huge city, but the lss there is very active and always has classes with cool people. Karen Lockhart is local (Seattle I think) and she teaches there a lot.

Marci Pie
06-03-2008, 04:42 PM
I also had the pleasure of taking his class this April in Escondido, CA. I learned so much. Now I am taking his techniques and I am applying to my Copics and what a difference that is making.

Canadian, eh
06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Awesome projects. I love seeing what people do in his class. Wish I were closer. Light and shadows took me a while to learn, but now it comes so naturally. I'll bet the library would have some books to help you.