PDA

View Full Version : ? about organizing stamps into CD cases

mom_on_line
05-27-2008, 12:57 AM
So I'm putting my clear stamps into the CD cases.

My question is, how important is it to know which company the stamps are from? I know I won't ever get published (if I ever did, first, I'd have to submit something....) so, does it really matter?

I don't have a whole lot, about 7 cases so far. And of course, I have to ask after I took everything apart so I'd have to guess who belongs to what anymore...

kimmyqtgirl
05-27-2008, 02:34 AM
If you aren't worried about trying to get published or selling items you make with stamps then I don't think it matters. I know there are companies who will let you use thier products in items you make and sell, but you have to give them credit. So if you are just stamping for a hobby and to make gifts for friends and family, I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure you will save tons of space too! At least that's my thought on the topic.

Vintagegal
05-27-2008, 07:40 AM
I agree with Kimmy. Unless the only the reason for keeping track of the manufacturer is for publication reasons, I wouldn't worry so much about it. Sometimes, though, you'll get questions (from Shackies) on what stamps you used. It's nice to see the manufacturer's name under your gallery posts. This is one way for me to discover new images I'd never seen before, and who to buy them from.

CharityHand
05-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I have been putting mine into cd cases as well and I have been marking the manufacturer, simply because I have that info at hand. If it isn't easily available then I wouldn't worry about it, but moving forward I think it might be a good idea to mark that info on the label. You never know... you might decide to get published later on.

Christie
05-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Sometimes I put the company on the them and sometimes not.

mom_on_line
05-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks.

I thought it might be a good idea to put it on. With my luck, someone is bound to ask! LOL!

I still have the wrappers in the trash. I may rescue them and if I can match it up (that can be interesting!)

scrapsoon
05-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I've bought recently a binder from tim holtz with 13 sleeves in it for my umstamps and clearstamps.
first time i put them in they wouldn't stick that great but when i closed it and some time later opened it the where verry good sticking to the sleeves.
Now i really loves it i can go true them to see what kind of stamp i want and not just laying in a draw or in a box knowing i have tons of stamps unused cause i won't go true all the boxes and so.

mom_on_line
05-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Soon! I'll take a look at that.

ETA: Is that the metal box with the side for the blocks? What sized binder is it and how many pages are in there?

scrapsoon
05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
No not a metalbox.it's called a unmountedstampbinder
http://timholtz.com/demos.html
Here you see a video where he is showing his unmountedstampbinder.
And i bought it in a shop online so you would be able to find one to:)
I also bought 2 packages with the sleeves and they are all full of stamps and i have a lot of space over:)
In 1 sleeve you can also place a peace of paper with the images you have stick on it.

toao
05-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I was also going to say that it might be a good idea to label them just in case you want to sell them later. The buyer might want to know the stamp company.

Mary

mom_on_line
05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh, OK. I did see that before. I like it, but I need it open, like the CD cases. Otherwise if I don't see them, I forget I have them and don't use it. However, I do like the pages. Maybe I will get a refill set to try and see if that might work or not.

Thanks again!

mom_on_line
05-27-2008, 02:02 PM
I was also going to say that it might be a good idea to label them just in case you want to sell them later. The buyer might want to know the stamp company.

I'm kinda like a packrat. I think most of my stamps 10 million other people already have :laugh:, anyway, except for my lion stamps.

Mere Deaux
05-29-2008, 10:49 AM
I have lots of CD cases with unmounted stamps and clear stamps. I put the manufacturer on the case and sometimes keep one company all together. Such as Stampin Up, and Magenta. Others I keep as Critters, Daisies, etc. But it is nice to know who made them. I found a wonderful CD tower at Target. It has 5 shelves and each shelf will hold 3 stacks of CD holders - Flat. Easier to read that way. lol

mom_on_line
05-29-2008, 10:56 AM
I found a basket at Joann's that fits the CTMH stamp sets and CDs.

The other thing is, do you put the big sets into CDs too? For example, I have the Beloved alpha set which would take up more than 1 CD, I think. This might work better with the stamp sheets that Soon Han was suggesting.

threefriends91
05-29-2008, 11:05 AM
l have just started getting the clear stamps and l have put these in a CD case and used a recipe card to write what and where on the back of the case..its working for me..l love Jan idea on the cd tower l have a couple of these in storage...