PDA

View Full Version : Apple corer, peeler, slicer by Pampered Chef

Vintagegal
06-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Do you own this little gadget? I've had mine for nine years now, and all I can say is that I LOVE IT! If it wasn't for this gizmo, my family would have to settle for store-bought apple pie.

I have Grandma Bonnie Longaberger's Apple Pie cookin' in the oven right now.

suzi_f
06-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Well, if you DON'T have it (and I don't), I'm having a PC party in 2 weeks. You're all welcome to come. Call me & I'll send you directions! :)

hutchink
06-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I do have the apple peeler slicer it is awesome! I also have grandma bonnie's pie plate (the american one) but it is not baking in the oven :(

Suzi- I have not been to a PC party in like 5 years- I think you are a little to far of a drive from me :(

mydogstinks2
06-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

CharityHand
06-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I LOVE it too. It's so much fun to use and I only use it to make apple crisp, which is also one of my most favoritest things in the whole wide world to eat.

ellie
06-01-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't have that but I do have a pc thingie that you stick in an apple and it removes the core. I love that. I alo have the pizza stone and the 12x9 stone baking pan and they are the best things in my kitchen.

MidwestStamper
06-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I have one too, and I've made apple crisp with the apples. Don't think I've made pie.

I've used it several times with potatoes also--to peel and slice them for making AuGratin ones. Or we also slice them with this, but leave the peelings on--then wrap up the potatoes with butter and salt in tin foil and toss them on the Grill--yum!

Vintagegal
06-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I have one too, and I've made apple crisp with the apples. Don't think I've made pie.

I've used it several times with potatoes also--to peel and slice them for making AuGratin ones. Or we also slice them with this, but leave the peelings on--then wrap up the potatoes with butter and salt in tin foil and toss them on the Grill--yum!

I'd never thought of using it for au gratin potatoes! You are wise, Lidia! :nod:

MidwestStamper
06-01-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I received this wisdom from a Pampered Chef rep! LOL! Works great with potatoes!

dreis1
06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I have it, but haven't used it for sometime. My favorite PC item is my Clay Roast Baker. It makes the best Roast Pork and Roast Beef you will ever eat. Glinda

maxiesmom
06-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Yep, I love mine too. Have lots of PC stuff, SIL's bff sells it and so I've been to many parties. In fact one was not too long before my birthday and both my SIL's & MIL were there and I was saying 'birthday idea, birthday idea'!

stampinmom3
06-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I"m going to a party next weekend. I love PC. I think most of my kitchen goodies are from there. I however can't stand this particular tool. I can never get the darn thing to work right. I told my gf from the campground that she could have mine. I have it sitting on a chair in the kitchen to take to her right now, I just ran across it the other day. LOL
Now, I want to get it out and try it one last time. LOL

Vintagegal
06-02-2008, 03:40 PM
I"m going to a party next weekend. I love PC. I think most of my kitchen goodies are from there. I however can't stand this particular tool. I can never get the darn thing to work right. I told my gf from the campground that she could have mine. I have it sitting on a chair in the kitchen to take to her right now, I just ran across it the other day. LOL
Now, I want to get it out and try it one last time. LOL

What's not working right for you? I've never had it 'not' work, and I've used apples of all sizes. I wonder if it's just a defective one that you ended up with.

stampinmom3
06-02-2008, 03:43 PM
No Ethel, I'm sure it's not defective, it's operator error. LOL

toao
06-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I know mine hangs up sometimes if the apples are "soft" a little bit. You have to use apples that are hard (firm). Does anyone know the best kind of apple to use to make crisp?

Mary

Vintagegal
06-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I know mine hangs up sometimes if the apples are "soft" a little bit. You have to use apples that are hard (firm). Does anyone know the best kind of apple to use to make crisp?

Mary

I think Braeburn or Gala apples would be good. I think Washington apples are sometimes too 'mooshy.'

frankiesue
06-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I'd never be without mine... or the other things i've got from pamepered chef... I love the receipe's that our demonstrator does at our parties.......... not good if your on a diet though

allinkdup
06-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I am helping a friend out with a book party for PC. I love most of their items.

I am def. hooked on the bamboo stuff and stones!

1of2shoes
06-03-2008, 01:50 AM
I have one of those apple/potato peeler thingys and I think I've used it once. Anybody want to buy it? I would love to get it out of my gadget drawer. You can have it for only $15. I don't have the block, but you can buy that at a PC party for $14.50. First person to send me PM can have it for the $15. You'll pay actual shipping only.

logcabincreations
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I have it, but haven't used it for sometime. My favorite PC item is my Clay Roast Baker. It makes the best Roast Pork and Roast Beef you will ever eat. Glinda

Is this the "old" baker that you had to buy the top separate but the top can also be used as a bottom to bake in??