PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for a week at the beach tomorrow!

directmailscrapper
06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Yahoo! We are going to Rehoboth Beach Delaware for a week, Sunday to Sunday. We are bringing a friend for DD -- the girls will have a blast! My BFF Jill asked why we didn't invite her and her family -- so -- the more the merrier! (DD goes to private school and they typically get out of school a week before the public schools -- who knew that this year they were getting out at the same time???) So I will now be at the beach with a husband, 2 almost 12 year old girls, an almost 14 year old boy (son of friends -- like a nephew), and my friend (the scrapbooker who hates stamping) and her husband (who is equally qualifiied for the BFF label).

Funny thing about the almost 14-year old boy. He and Emily have been raised as cousins -- in fact -- they are sorta related by marriage until that marriage ended (Jill's brother used to be married to my sister -- and they have 2 kids). Both David and Emily are adopted from the Republic of Georgia. Lately, though, he keeps bringing up the fact that he and Emily AREN'T really related. I finally asked my friend about why he keeps bringing that up. She said, "I think he's start to think of Emily in a whole new light..." Yikes!!!!

suzi_f
06-07-2008, 06:03 PM
A week at the beach sounds like fun. I told dh I want to go to San Diego again but this time, NO SCHEDULE!! I want to spend every day at the beach!

We leave in a week for a week in Ohio w/my parents. ARGH!! DH invited my parents to go with us. My dad will have a blast & the kids have already decided what rides they want to go on w/him (we're going to a waterpark & an amusement park). My mom is going to be a ROYAL PITA!!! Gee, I can't wait!!

directmailscrapper
06-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Suzi -- take a good book and some images to color. Maybe that will help! Last year I got all of the kids to help me color some images -- that was fuN!

suzi_f
06-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, I'm currently reading a book that I borrowed from a friend. It's large print (which funnily enough, I need my reading glasses to STILL read!!) and HUGE. So, if I take that book with me & my mom is a pain, I can pop her w/the book & she will be knocked out & we can enjoy the rest of the day

directmailscrapper
06-07-2008, 06:15 PM
LOL! Now, now, no violence... What about one of those buckets of margaritas? For either you or your Mom? To mellow her or to make you not care??? :-)

suzi_f
06-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Now, THERE'S a plan!!! For me, not for her. She can sit & be crabby but I won't care!

allinkdup
06-07-2008, 06:32 PM
hope you have a fantastic time. When you get home my ATC's should be waiting on you.

Fief14
06-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Sounds like a great time! Relax & enjoy your time away!

Christie
06-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Hope you have a wonderful time!! Be sure to wear your sunscreen!!!!

ctinyjoy
06-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Enjoy your week. I don't know if the tides are anything like what we get here in Daytona Beach but watch for rip currents. They are still very strong here.

MidwestStamper
06-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Going to the beach sounds wonderful--it's just a dream for us here in the middle of the country! Well we do have tons of lakes, but that's not the same as an ocean beach!

My3Ds
06-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Nancy - you will be in my neck of the woods! I hope you guys have a great time. There used to be a LSS there. I know where it is(was) but doubt I could give you good directions. I do know that it is on the South bound side of the main drag. DS is playing in a baseball tournament about 15 mins from there tomorrow. Since you have teenagers with you, you should drive down to Ocean City one evening and hit the boardwalk rides, games, and sights. Hope you guys have a great time. It's certainly hot enough - water will still be cold.

loobylou
06-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Have a great time. I'd love a sunny beach day. Enjoy your family and friends

mydogstinks2
06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
have fun at the beach!!

threefriends91
06-08-2008, 04:23 AM
Enjoy your time at the beach..it sounds like lots of fun to me...and be sure to take some pictures to share..