PDA

View Full Version : Little Slimming Secret.......

Kreative Dryve
12-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Research has discovered that if you have a sweet tooth, the smell of Vanilla can cut your cravings for sweets. I was reading this in the magazine "First for Women", they say in the article that women during the research wore vanilla scented patches, and thay ate fewer sweets, ans lost up to five more pounds a month than others. It is believed that the smell releases SEROTONIN, a feel good neurotransmitter. They also have a recipe for Vanillla scented spray:

In a spray bottle, combine 3 Tbls Vanilla extract, 1 cup distilled water, and 1 tsp. rubbing alcohol. Shake well , and spritz on skin daily. Store in cool dry place for up to a year.

I found this very interesting, just thought others might try it with me too!
I have a linen spray that is vanillla, I might try that on my clothes too!
I also know that Bath and Body Works has a great vanilla body cream.
It's worth a try!!:nod:

Erin K
12-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I crave diary and fried foods, what spray should I wear? :)

Kreative Dryve
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
my biggest down fall is chips! So I have decided to try to add a lot more nuts into my diet, it will get rid of my craving for salty snacks, and add the much needed good fat to my diet.

They didn't say anything about the dairy cravings......

teabear
12-12-2006, 01:44 AM
I am such a sweet craver.....I'll get out the vanilla tomorrow :)

My3Ds
12-12-2006, 08:39 AM
OMG I've always thought it was the other way around -- that vanilla increased your appetite. I don't buy vanilla candles or vanilla flavored anything because of it. I'm so glad you cleared this up. :wub:

Spartymom
12-12-2006, 09:01 AM
and mexican. Yum....but I love the smell of vanilla. I get a new yankee candle vanilla flavor every year. Too bad that didn't work for us salt junkies. Thanks for sharing. Kim

scrappersuz
12-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Wow! That is worth a try!
Susie